You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Favourite Promotion

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

Hi all

A quick feedback thread for you with three simple questions...

1) What's your favourite promtion we've run on Sky Poker

2) Why did you particularly like it?

3) If we ran it again, how would you improve it?

This is not about Sky Poker Rewards, its more the other promotions we have run.

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited September 2015
    1. The SnG league thingy
    2. Because it was based on win % (well, ROI) and included lower stakes. Also encouraged some traffic away from DYMs and onto the more traditional SnG games.
    3. There was a min number of games as an entry criteria IIRC, which meant people who had banked a good score stopped playing. Would have been good to take say performance over 100 games but then one person could lodge more than one 'batch' of results.
  • edited September 2015
    mayhem promos for viva las vegas were very popular and gave everyone a real fighting chance of bagging a vegas seat regardless of their normal volume or bankroll.

I like the 'tag on' promos on the rewards freeroll, I managed to get to the UKPC via that route :-)

Last years punta cana promo (being repeated at the moment) I got to the final for free last year.

The premiership promo is good fun.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Favourite Promotion:
    mayhem promos for viva las vegas were very popular and gave everyone a real fighting chance of bagging a vegas seat regardless of their normal volume or bankroll. I like the 'tag on' promos on the rewards freeroll, I managed to get to the UKPC via that route :-) Last years punta cana promo (being repeated at the moment) I got to the final for free last year. The premiership promo is good fun.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Everything here would be good, especially liked the Mayhem freerolls.
  • edited September 2015
    The old Poker League table was a great promotion. Chances to win a place on Team Sky Poker, cash prizes and freerolls were some of the prizes on offer iirc?

3 seperate leagues for mtt,sng and cash. League points were awarded for mtt cashes, ft's and wins etc.

It could possibly be improved by having 2 seperate tables for each format for the higher and lower stakes players.

The league was restarted each month and it was always good to see how you fared against the other players that you regularly bump into on the tables. It also gave you extra incentive to play if you were close to a good league position or cash prize......etc.

So much better than a rake race.
  • edited September 2015
    The priority promo at the last ukpc was a great promo, I think in terms of the site in general then the golden ticket promotions were always good and no one really complained, and from a personal point of view then either the Sng league, or the UKPC league.
  • edited September 2015
    The heads up - play 100 games promo was head and shoulders above any promotion I have encountered on any site..... not only did it encourage volume but it encouraged consistent good play to squeeze out the extra few % to make the leaderbord
  • edited September 2015
    I think I'm qualified to have my say :)

My fav ever was the most raked hands promo.  I loved clearing the diary for the set time frame and just grinding constantly.  I wasn't the only one either.

The reward for putting in 16-18 hour days was a fab trip to Punta Cana.  It also gave everyone at all stakes a chance of being rewarded.

My only slight complaint would be the mistakes in the leaderboard updates.

• edited September 2015
    The old Poker League table was a great promotion. Chances to win a place on Team Sky Poker, cash prizes and freerolls were some of the prizes on offer iirc? 3 seperate leagues for mtt,sng and cash. League points were awarded for mtt cashes, ft's and wins etc. It could possibly be improved by having 2 seperate tables for each format for the higher and lower stakes players. The league was restarted each month and it was always good to see how you fared against the other players that you regularly bump into on the tables. It also gave you extra incentive to play if you were close to a good league position or cash prize......etc. So much better than a rake race.
    Posted by waller02

Big +1

and surely whoever it was that thought it was a great idea to get rid of it has left skypoker by now so we can try again. 

• edited September 2015
    Plus, I love all rake races.
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Favourite Promotion : Big +1 and surely whoever it was that thought it was a great idea to get rid of it has left skypoker by now so we can try again. 
    Posted by GELDY

+2. 
  • edited September 2015
    Bournemouth to the Prem :-)
  • edited September 2015
    Mayhem!
    Posted by Darkangel7
    +1 great promo, no faults with this one.
  • edited September 2015
    I used to like the promotion where I used to make sh it loads of money. I think it was called 2009
  • edited September 2015
    I used to like the promotion where I used to make sh it loads of money. I think it was called 2009
    Posted by ajs4385
    Another positive post again. Maybe if you improved your game you could continue to make a ton of money.
  • edited September 2015
    +1 to bbmike... I'm not normally a SNG player but enjoyed that promotion despite giving up after a shocking start!! If it was over the best X sample size then it would also encourage more volume cause instead of giving up after a bad start I'd keep playing until I finally put a good run together! 

I like rake races too but prefer some sort of tier system. Also think there should be less disparity between 1st and 2nd... maybe not in all rake races, but at least in some. I just think when 1st is worth £4000 and 2nd is only worth 4/500 quid and you realise after a few days that you're not going to make it then you just end up giving up. (or rather I end up giving up!) - which isn't necessarily great for Sky since they lose out on potential rake!

I don't know what promotional budget is each month but if it was done in a way such that 1st - 6th was equivalent to final table % payouts and paying up to X players with maybe everyone else that puts in X amount of volume playing in a top heavy structure freeroll.
  • edited September 2015
    Sng promo was great only problem was when players got removed for cheating late in the week there was some players thought had to try increase their current % to get into the places needed and were kind of robbed because the cheaters delayed the leaderboards to get updated properly. If updated and can detect those cheating players asap defo do it again.

Golden ticket promo are excellent too because anyone can win at all levels.

Mayhem freerolls are also great fun and yet again anyone can win in them.

Finally the monthly league would be a great to come back and organise it so suits the 3 formats and maybe also have 2/3 leagues depending on buyin levels to suit all players imo.