You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY SUPPORT PLS- re tonight's £7.20 semi to £33 bh - Gutted!

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi 

Not had any problems with the client for ages and assumed the probs from earlier this year were resolved.  Just tried to play the £7.20 semi into the £33 BH, not been playing much lately for one reason or another.  NB: Was playing 3 tables on 888 (HateHateHate) throughout the following with no probs whatsoever.  

The connection was awful throughout this satellite and it took ages for the table to load in the first place.  For the first few hands I could hear cards and chips flying around but the display was behind and initially couldn't see any cards then when cards appeared I didn't know if my actions (fold, call, raise) were actually happening or not.   EVerything just seemed to be operating with a huge lag?  It seemed that whenever the display caught up I had about a nanosecond to make a decision.  Painful.

it gets (much) worse

Finally saw a pair of Queens utg on hand number #945748623 but had to wait for the client to catch up and by the time it did they'were folded for me instead of the min raise I'd tried to select!!!   Obviously player to my left min raised & got called by the BB.  Had to go through the pain of an QAQ flop (yup quads) and watch the initial raiser bet and the BB shove and I obviously missed getting the lot.  It is fair to say that I don't fold QQ here pre flop and would've called any pre-flop bet with the hand if I'd only been given the chance.

The software didn't speed up during the satellite and I felt I was pretty much in shove or fold mode now purely down to a lack of confidence in putting chips in pre flop and not knowing If I would still be connected when the flop came.

Its not relevant to my moan that when down to 5bb my shove with Q9 failed miserably but it summed up the tourney that the 2 callers had pocket 9s and KQ respectively!!  I guess it really wasn't meant to be.

I'm not a serial moaner (as you know) but this satellite was just a disaster from start to (pretty quick) finish but imho solely due to the software lagging.  I certainly don't feel I had a fair chance to get a run for my money.  Takes a lot to tilt me but I'd have rather been on the phone having a natter with the mother in law than playing in this satellite. 

thoughts?

Comments

• edited September 2015

Hi Mr Anchors

If you have a problem like this, PLEASE contact Customer Care as they do not monitor this Forum for problems.

Sounds like a frustrating evening, I hope you got it sorted eventually.

Does not mean much I suppose, but I played 46 DYM's last night, & the site was running perfectly as far as I could tell, & there have been  no other reports on the forum of site issues. People generally mention problems.

Hope all is well today.

• edited September 2015
    Odd, I thought I'd replied to this earlier but post is missing?

Just wanted to say thanks Tikay.  I've emailed cust support.

Hope you are fine and dandy Sir!

Cheers

Andy