You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best hand never wins!

The best hand on sky pre flop never seems to win, don't get me wrong I've had it both ways but mainly get it in with best hand and lose about 90% of time. Anyone suggest a site that reflects normal games? Thanks 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Best hand never wins!:
    The best hand on sky joker pre flop never seems to win, don't get me wrong I've had it both ways but mainly get it in with best hand and lose about 90% of time. Anyone suggest a site that reflects normal games? Thanks 
    Posted by Baloney66
    please, tell us more
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Best hand never wins!:
    In Response to Best hand never wins! : please, tell us more
    Posted by percival09
    : )
  • edited September 2015
    How deliciously ironic, your name in relation to title of post.
  • edited September 2015
    The best hand on sky joker pre flop never seems to win, don't get me wrong I've had it both ways but mainly get it in with best hand and lose about 90% of time. Anyone suggest a site that reflects normal games? Thanks 
    Posted by Baloney66
    Hi baloney,

I would suggest the bolded part is not correct. It sometimes SEEMS that way, but it's not.

All online poker sites, & "live" poker, are "normal".

• edited September 2015
    When the best hand sees the flop then usually they are no more than about 60% to win if against one player, That means it will lose 4 times out of 10. It is even worse when there is more to see the flop with 3 people the best hand is less than 50% to win. Human nature just feels its an injustice when it happens so those are the ones we remember.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Baloney66
    Iv heard Ultimate Bet and AP are legit
  • edited September 2015
    Ok, ill ask a question to every poker player.

When did you last win with Aces?

When did you last lose with Aces?

I bet one of those gets answered a lot quicker than the other.
  • edited September 2015
    Ok, ill ask a question to every poker player. When did you last win with Aces? When did you last lose with Aces? I bet one of those gets answered a lot quicker than the other.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Duno, I fold em pre and shove with what is obviously the worst hand and win 80% of the time - Easy game ;)
  • edited September 2015
    for sure you will find games much easier if you really do believe the worst hand wins 90% of the time.

you just shove or call all ins with junk like 72o [and just hope you are not outkicked by 62o]

but then if 72o won 90% of all-ins that would make 72o the best hand - indeed it now outperforms AA v a random hand on fair sites.

so would the 'fix' then revert back to AA being favorite?

will 72 and AA always be in a state of limbo? each time it becomes the favorite, it instantly reverts back to losing 90%

can we ever collapse the wave-function and bring one to a permanent state of betterness over the other?

will the cat miaow again?

• edited September 2015
    It's not the best hand until the hand is over.
  • edited September 2015
    i think a lot of the problem is players just tend to call the blinds rather than raise them allowing the big blind a free look where as if they raised pre then 7/8 times out of ten the blinds would fold and you dont get the bad beat. better to win a 100 chips than lose a 1000

• edited September 2015
    whats ya sample size based on 1 hand lol    long term u will win preflop with a good hand vs a bad hand
  • edited September 2015
    for sure you will find games much easier if you really do believe the worst hand wins 90% of the time. you just shove or call all ins with junk like 72o [and just hope you are not outkicked by 62o] but then if 72o won 90% of all-ins that would make 72o the best hand - indeed it now outperforms AA v a random hand on fair sites. so would the 'fix' then revert back to AA being favorite? will 72 and AA always be in a state of limbo? each time it becomes the favorite, it instantly reverts back to losing 90% can we ever collapse the wave-function and bring one to a permanent state of betterness over the other? will the cat miaow again?
    Posted by TeddyBloat

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this comment. Imagine how sick it would be to shove 72o just to have 32o snap call, just brutal. I wonder how it would work if there was a variant of the game where the worst hand is the nuts and the nuts is the worst hand, I think I'd really like to play it. Maybe we should get an iniative going for sky to add it.

M.R Baloney sir, what kind of sample size are we talking about here? I assume it must be in the thousands to make such a bold statement

• edited September 2015
    Plo8 has a 'low' element where half the pot is awarded to the nut low hand (ace counts low).

So A2346 would be the nuts.

I'm sure there will be other variants on other sites that are purely 'low' chasing games.

Plo8 is a fantastic game, with a boss community on here btw. 
  • edited September 2015

its poker live or online get on with it next hand please,

• edited September 2015
    its poker live or online get on with it next hand please,
    Posted by ynwa197525

Sums it up!

Find another hobby if you can't handle the beats because they will never stop.
  • edited September 2015
    Plo8 has a 'low' element where half the pot is awarded to the nut low hand (ace counts low). So A2346 would be the nuts. I'm sure there will be other variants on other sites that are purely 'low' chasing games. Plo8 is a fantastic game, with a boss community on here btw. 
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    As straights and flushes don't count against you for the low element, A2345 would be the low nuts.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Best hand never wins! :  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this comment. Imagine how sick it would be to shove 72o just to have 32o snap call, just brutal. I wonder how it would work if there was a variant of the game where the worst hand is the nuts and the nuts is the worst hand, I think I'd really like to play it. Maybe we should get an iniative going for sky to add it. M.R Baloney sir, what kind of sample size are we talking about here? I assume it must be in the thousands to make such a bold statement
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    +1

Me and some friends used to play blind poker when I was in college. Playing heads up, it's pretty much reverse poker!
  • edited November 2015
                                            AAAWWWWW CMONNNNNN REALLY?     
                                                                                                Surely that is the essence of poker.It has annoying tendencies but thats the game!
                                                Jim
  • edited November 2015
    I don't think poker would be half as much fun if the best hand won all the time
    That leaves room for the giggle factor he he he AA no chance I've got rags 
    Watching a lot of old games on you tube and it amazes me Sammy farhaz (I think that's his name ) goes with junk all the time gets it through or sets people up for when he really has it POKER RULES