You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site problems?

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

Is there an awful lot of lagging currently going on with the site (same last evening too)?

Noticed a couple of players mentioning it this morning on tables too, so guessing not just my end either?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    yep, definitely very laggy, late Thursday and most of last night, some tables were fine others were awful
  • edited September 2015
    Yer i had issues with tables not loading
  • edited September 2015
    I had severe problems last night too. Initially thought it was at my end.
  • edited September 2015
    did you guys try restarting your computers?
  • edited September 2015
    In the interest of balance.
    No lag for me, 3-4 tables 9:00- midnightism.
  • edited September 2015

All very odd - was 6 tabling for 4 hours, not a single problem. Not saying others did not have problems, but it is certainly not affecting everyone.

I play on an 8 year old steam driven laptop.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Site problems?:
    All very odd - was 6 tabling for 4 hours, not a single problem. Not saying others did not have problems, but it is certainly not affecting everyone. I play on an 8 year old steam driven laptop.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    It doesn't affect everyone at the same time, but it does happen.
    This is one area that Sky really should address. Being told it's a problem at "your end" gets very frustrating 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Site problems? : It doesn't affect everyone at the same time, but it does happen. This is one area that Sky really should address. Being told it's a problem at "your end" gets very frustrating 
    Posted by Jac35
    Oh yes, I'm not saying it does not happen, & yes, being told "it is your end" must be frustrating.

I'm simply making the point that if it does not affect everyone, if (say) 95% of the players have no problem, it's kinda awkward to analyse & identify.

• edited September 2015
    What network/broadband services are the affected players using?

&

What network/broadband services are the unaffected players using?

I am on Virgin and was unaffected by any lag issues last night, running 4 tables.
  • edited September 2015
    What network/broadband services are the affected players using? & What network/broadband services are the unaffected players using? I am on Virgin and was unaffected by any lag issues last night, running 4 tables.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    That's the sort of question that Customer Care ask Trev which irritates players. :)
    My point before was that it seems that myself and it would appear,many others from the number of posts, have no issues with their broadband normally when this happens. Everything is running smoothly apart from Sky
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Site problems? : That's the sort of question that Customer Care ask Trev which irritates players. :) My point before was that it seems that myself and it would appear,many others from the number of posts, have no issues with their broadband normally when this happens. Everything is running smoothly apart from Sky
    Posted by Jac35
    I know what your saying m8, but that doesn't mean its unrelated.

The more information we have the better assesment can be made.

Lets say for instance 90% of the peeps with issues were using "Virgin" (Other networks are available) and whilst they may not of had issues with their broadband services, it may be a networking issue between the sky poker servers & Virgin. If we don't have all the information how will we ever know?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Site problems? : I know what your saying m8, but that doesn't mean its unrelated. The more information we have the better assesment can be made. Lets say for instance 90% of the peeps with issues were using "Virgin" (Other networks are available) and whilst they may not of had issues with their broadband services, it may be a networking issue between the sky poker servers & Virgin. If we don't have all the information how will we ever know?
    Posted by POKERTREV

SKy Broadband optical.

No problems experienced ( noticed).
  • edited September 2015
    I have Sky broadband, all background updates are now queued (colleague suggested that these can often break a signal), albeit my kids can be streaming you tube etc. when I am busy screaming at the computer, so I am not convinced the connection is the issue.

I have tried to switch it off and on again which is usually even more frustrating because the tables that were working then don't open, and the time taken to do this may mean you miss important spots.

I am not saying this happens all the time, but it does seem to occur every few weeks, and does seem to be very random as to whom it affects.

• edited September 2015

Virgin Media here, when having the problems.

But to add as above, all other internet pages fine at the same time.
  • edited September 2015
    sky broadband - HUSNG are loading up about 30 seconds after they actually start - both download and browser
  • edited September 2015
    Touchwood, seems better for me currently.
  • edited September 2015
    My sky unplayable today.  I'm with BT.
  • edited September 2015
    I had problems on Thursday evening with tables not opening, telling me i already had the table open?? I wasnt logged in on any other device nor was i logged in on the browser, Also it was often freezing, cards not showing and at one point I was in a hand where I had raised pre, the flop just didnt show up, I was allowed to see turn but not the river. very strange? all seems ok today though. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Site problems? : Oh yes, I'm not saying it does not happen, & yes, being told "it is your end" must be frustrating. I'm simply making the point that if it does not affect everyone, if (say) 95% of the players have no problem, it's kinda awkward to analyse & identify.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Loading up blank like i said in the game last night level5 before i got it open at same time playing a couple on another site and they where fine.

It does seem too happen now and again and as jac said is a bit annoying when you try too get help and are told that its your connection/fault and no other players are having any issues even although you talk too people at the tables or there is 2/3 away at same time on different tables.
  • edited September 2015
    Just as a point of note, I'm with BT too. I've been watching the match on Sky Go and the quality has been very poor. Not tried poker today.
  • edited September 2015

Good morning.

Did those who experienced these issues on Friday suffer them again yesterday?

If so, what time?

Might be interesting if those who had the problem on Friday posted what time it happened to them, too.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Tikay,

Shared a good few tables with you last night, mainly had 4 open and I am glad to say I had no problems whatoever last night (obv exception of house over house in that £10 game- what was I thinking.....you ALWAYS have it ;-)))
  • edited September 2015
    Problems on Friday were worst for me earlyish in the evening 7-10, eased a bit after that then started again around 12 so I went to bed.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Tikay, Shared a good few tables with you last night, mainly had 4 open and I am glad to say I had no problems whatoever last night (obv exception of house over house in that £10 game- what was I thinking.....you ALWAYS have it ;-)))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I'll reply to that on my Diary thing later, as people will get cross with me if I derail this thread.

I got a bit of a ticking off yesterday, because some thought I was not taking the thread seriously. Maybe, when time permits, I'll attempt to explain how the Customer Care staff do their job, & why they ask the questions they do.

• edited September 2015
    Fri 11th Sep

6.00pm

BT Infinity