You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"The Open" and "Velocity"

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

Does anyone remember when these were the top two tournaments played every night? 

I know I'm an old stick-in-the-mud but please indulge me. There used to be loads of hype and excitement about both tournaments, with countless forum threads next day discussing how it went, who won, who lost.... There were even in-play forum threads discussing the pros and cons of calling with 88 when facing a cut-off raise from Redmond Lee etc. They really were fun days.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. Is there any way that we could bring these tournaments back? I know that they still exist in some format as the main and the mini, but they don't have the same buzz as The Open and the Velocity.

Let's get a petition going - Bring Back The Open and the Velocity. It's all in the name.

BB

Comments

• edited September 2015
    I prefer the main and mini to the open and velocity. Essentially they're the same thing, but the mini has a better structure than the velocity. Calling them the main and mini also makes it a little more obvious which tournaments are the jackpot ones.