You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rome 2 Home

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
I know Jacques personally down here in Bournemouth  and he is definitely one of the good guys.  His family has done sooooooo much to help local children and charities in the name of his brother's foundation which was set up in memory of Jacques' brother who tragically passed away in a car accident some years ago.

I know they have all trained incredibly hard and they're aiming to complete this ride from Rome to Home to raise even more. All of Jacques' family deserve so much repect and admiration for all they've done and I wish them all the best.

I'll update their progress on here if that's OK Larson?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    I was speaking to JacquesB tonight at the tables, he is participating in an epic bike ride from Italy to England, over 13 days, to raise funds for The Steve Bernard Foundation, which helps local sporting groups.

Details of the fund raiser can be found here: http://www.gofundme.com/Rome2Home

More info @ www.stevebernardfoundation.com

On your Bike Jacques, and the very best of luck! Let us know how you get on.

It's a great cause and if anyone would like to donate they can via the 1st link.
  • edited September 2015

That would be great Phil to get updates.

The fund-raising to date has been phenomenal.

It is one of the most awe inspiring things I've seen, so much good coming from such a tragedy.

Wish Jacque all the best from me for the bike ride.

• edited September 2015
    Thanks a lot for this Larson, really appreciate it! Playing with you and beansfum and witnessing the generousity and kindness from you both was so touching! Sponsoring someone who you barely know and then putting a forum up speaks wonders for you both so again, thank you! 

Since losing my Brother, my family and friends have just tried our best to keep his memory going, and the best way to do that was through helping people in sport, which he had a huge passion for, by organising events and doing silly challenges. However, this event will be something else! The hardest thing weve ever done and so come Friday, ill be struggling in pain for 14 days haha. We have set a £20,000 target for this event which, if raised, would mean we have raised a total of £250,000 in time for the 10 year anniversary on November 2nd of this year. So fingers crossed we can do it :) 

Cheers for keeping them updated Phil, ill try my best to keep you all posted! 
  • edited September 2015
    1/4 Million, amazing!

All the very best, look forward to hearing how you do.
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry it took so long, that's me just donated! Gl!
  • edited September 2015
    First update from Jacques....

We've arrived in Rome all safe and sound!! The heat is ridiculous!! 27 degrees of sticky heat at 9.45pm!! We are off on our first day cycling at 7am tomorrow!! Thank you all so much for your support, well wishes and donations!! They will all spur us on!!
  • edited September 2015

Almost makes you jeloaus, 27 degrees!! Not for cycling though:D

• edited October 2015
    Really sorry for not getting to update this!

Jacques and the others all completed the cycle. In the process they managed to achieve their £20,00 target and get to the unbelievable £250,000 total they have raised since the tragic loss of Jacques' brother.  Since the return, Jacques' Dad (who completed the cycle) Has suffered a minor stroke but thankfully is OK and recovering.  

The amount of work all of the family have done to help raise money for the young in our area, in the face of their own heartbreak is truly humbling. If anyone wants to contribute, the link is at the top of this thread!

Well done Jacques and all the riders / helpers for the Steve Bernard Foundation.