You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stocks, Shares, Investments etc.

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Firstly i know this isnt poker related so feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate.. 

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a decent knoweledge on the stock market, buying/selling shares etc?? I know poker contains lots of transferable skills so thought it would be worth a shot...

I wont go into detail on here about it, but id be keen to just have 10mins of someones time to ask a couple of questions and for them to give me an opinion on a website I'm using...

If anyone could help drop me a message on here or a pm.

tia.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    not stockmerket but I have made a fair whack following trends and buying and selling crypto currency if thats something your interested in?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Stocks, Shares, Investments etc.:
    not stockmerket but I have made a fair whack following trends and buying and selling crypto currency if thats something your interested in?
    Posted by Itsover4u

thats exactly what i need to know!. will drop you a PM if thats ok
  • edited September 2015
    Woooooahhhhhh slow down. Firstly jumping into trading without having any knowledge about how the stock market/and or commodities/currency markets work is asking for trouble. 

Like poker you have sharks and fish in the markets (the fish are normally the amateur investors) and trust me if you do not know what you are doing it will cost you more than your poker roll. 

I am sure Enut who is a qualified financial advisor will back me up here but my advice would be to go and learn a bit about the stock market how it works, the difference between investing in shares and unit trusts etc. How investing a little regularly is better than piling in with a big lump sum when the market tanks. Then when you understand the basics you can start to look at how more complex instruments are traded on the markets. 

Check out Hargreaves Lansdowns website, its a great resource for learning - you can set up an ISA online and see how your investments are performing. 

• edited September 2015
    Woooooahhhhhh slow down. Firstly jumping into trading without having any knowledge about how the stock market/and or commodities/currency markets work is asking for trouble.  Like poker you have sharks and fish in the markets (the fish are normally the amateur investors) and trust me if you do not know what you are doing it will cost you more than your poker roll.  I am sure Enut who is a qualified financial advisor will back me up here but my advice would be to go and learn a bit about the stock market how it works, the difference between investing in shares and unit trusts etc. How investing a little regularly is better than piling in with a big lump sum when the market tanks. Then when you understand the basics you can start to look at how more complex instruments are traded on the markets.  Check out Hargreaves Lansdowns website, its a great resource for learning - you can set up an ISA online and see how your investments are performing. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER

thanks for the reply mate, even though its something that might interest me in the future, its not something im looking at getting involved in just yet, if ever. I just stumbled upon some classified information that i needed someone to clear up for me as a lot of it goes straight over my head.
  • edited September 2015
    I can read your PM but not sure mine is letting me reply. let me know
  • edited September 2015
    I can read your PM but not sure mine is letting me reply. let me know
    Posted by Itsover4u

I have dropped you an e-mail bud.
  • edited September 2015
    No money in stocks and shares everyone is solid.

Seriously though you cant beat houses and land.