You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lagging tables

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

I don't think I moan much (at least not in here ;-)) and I really enjoy playing here, but.......

for the first time I was a little annoyed about the way customer services dealt with a small complaint tonight, and I have to say they are normally very good.

I had problems on several tables tonight, on many occasions I couldn't even see, never mind use my action buttons, when they did appear I often only had 2/3 seconds to act.

Mistake I made was to carry on trying to play and reload tables, in fact doing all the things we are advised to do, because of this I was deemed to be playing......next time i guess I go make a sandwich (maybe txt Hhy for that breakie recipe) ;-)

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Sky Poker should be offering refunds to the affected players because this has happened so often, and there's still no sign of improvement. 

The people at the top should be thankful of the guys who work on the forum because without them, these loyal customers would have left a long time ago. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to lagging tables:
      I don't think I moan much (at least not in here ;-)) and I really enjoy playing here, but....... for the first time I was a little annoyed about the way customer services dealt with a small complaint tonight, and I have to say they are normally very good. I had problems on several tables tonight, on many occasions I couldn't even see, never mind use my action buttons, when they did appear I often only had 2/3 seconds to act. Mistake I made was to carry on trying to play and reload tables, in fact doing all the things we are advised to do, because of this I was deemed to be playing......next time i guess I go make a sandwich (maybe txt Hhy for that breakie recipe) ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
     I did drop in on a couple of your tables to see if you were available for HU match, but saw you were "away" so assumed you were having problems.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: lagging tables:
    In Response to lagging tables :  I did drop in on a couple of your tables to see if you were available for HU match, but saw you were "away" so assumed you were having problems.
    Posted by VespaPX

Hi Mick,

I saw you on  £3 game, tried to say hi and got discoed, then it was so bad, I didn't really think it worth trying to search you again last night, sorry about that.

Neil
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to lagging tables:
      I don't think I moan much (at least not in here ;-)) and I really enjoy playing here, but....... for the first time I was a little annoyed about the way customer services dealt with a small complaint tonight, and I have to say they are normally very good. I had problems on several tables tonight, on many occasions I couldn't even see, never mind use my action buttons, when they did appear I often only had 2/3 seconds to act. Mistake I made was to carry on trying to play and reload tables, in fact doing all the things we are advised to do, because of this I was deemed to be playing......next time i guess I go make a sandwich (maybe txt Hhy for that breakie recipe) ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yes, that does seem a tad unfortunate, as described.

I'll try & explain one of these days - in a separate thread - why CC ask the questions they do, & say what they do. It's not ad-lib, it's generally well thought out, & based upon historical evidence & data. Sometimes, though, it misses the spot, & I agree, this example seems unfortunate.

I do hope it does not re-occur tonight, for you or anyone else.  
  • edited September 2015

Just one insight for now.

When players have a problem, they should always contact CC. By NOT doing so, you are not helping identify & solve the problem. And here's why.

They have all sorts of monitoring equipment in Head Office, not just for Sky Poker, but for all the SB&G Products. So, when something goes wrong under the bonnet, they can often spot it immediately. Bear in mind that the platform as a whole - not just Sky Poker, the WHOLE platform - regularly - every day - has hundreds of thousands of uniques. ("Uniques" are different people on the site).

Despite all the electronic gizmos in the office, one of the quickest & most reliable ways of knowing if there is a problem at the customer end is via the volume of calls to CC.

If there are (let's say) 200,000 people on site, & they get 20 complaints, does that suggest the problem is with The Business, or the Customer?

Now make that poker only. If, say, 10,000 uniques used the site yesterday (numbers hypothetical) & 50 people complain, at what end do you think the problem is?

And if 1,000 people complain? 

And that's why you should always report problems to CC. It helps identify if there is a problem, & if so, at which end.

These figures are not made known to me, but if there WAS a problem last night, or any other night, the Business would be able to make a very quick judgement based on number of contacts made to CC.     

• edited September 2015
    Thanks Tony,

I understand that it is a difficult issue, and it is often difficult to quantify what kind of effect each interuption has, if its near the bubble it can be very significant.

I am always reluctant to just close everything down as it is often just a little glitch and of course if I do sit out and still CC do nothing then I auto lose.

last night i was playing some MTT's alongside my SNG's so I was hoping reloading and restrting computer etc would have some effect and allow me to carry on, oddly at one point after a reload 2 SNG's popped up right as rain,but an MTT i was playing wouldnt even load....

Anyway water under the bridge, hope it doesn't happen tonight