You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Googling yourself

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

I have a lot of important things to do today, but I seem to be searching the poker forum for my oldest forum posts.

The first one I can find appears on a thread called "Your ideas for the Sky Poker TV channel...." and goes:

"I'd like to see the 865 freeroll every week?  I'll play properly this time I swear"

The second one I can find is dated four days later on the old "Ask Tikay" thread:

"Will there be an £865 freeroll tomorrow Tikay?"

I was slightly obsessive about free money back then.

From memory the 865 freeroll was an impromptu tournament with a prizepool of £865.  Tikay gave out the password on the old (then new) Mastercash live show (on a Saturday, if I'm not mistaken).  I remember the password was Champion, a reference to the new presenter Sarah Champion.  There was a set time that Tikay was meant to reveal the password, but some ten minutes before he burst into a rendition of Queen's We Are The Champions, and most of the viewers were able to guess the password.  He got into a spot of trouble for that one, if memory serves.

Anyone else do this to reminisce, or am I just overly sentimental?

Comments