You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Spin Up - Lambert180 on Twitch --- LIVE NOW!!

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
I like BBMike's idea of setting a list of moves to do per session like floating flops IP and taking it away on turns etc, so feel free to list anything you think would be good as 'moves' for me to cover.

Hope you all come and say hello tomorrow

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Morning guys and gals,

I decided to re-awaken my Twitch channel recently with the first 'show' being at 10am Wednesday 22nd Sept, and after some discussion with mates, one of whom doubts how do-able it is to move through the stakes from the bottom given higher rake, I've decided to do exactly that and try to prove him wrong.

I'll be giving myself a starting roll of £100 to play 4nl and 8nl, I'll only be playing 2 tables, all play will be live on Twitch and I will be using quite aggressive BRM to keep it exciting. Rough BRM rules will be...

Move to 10nl when roll is £150
    Move to 20nl when roll is £250
    Move to 30nl when roll is £400

Obviously I'll move back down stakes using similar guidelines too when necessary.

I'll keep everything updated for the challenge in this thread,and  update when I go live in here. All suggestions for the stream are welcome, all feedback is welcome

Here is my Twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180

• edited September 2015
    Majorly disappointed to be lured into this thread and then find that you are NOT going to be playing the spinup tables.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Spin Up - Lambert180 on Twitch:
    Majorly disappointed to be lured into this thread and then find that you are NOT going to be playing the spinup tables.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Lamborghini and his dodgy advertising

**predictive text !
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Phantom66
    Lol apologies Phantom, what are the lowest stakes spin ups run at? I might add some in to the stream if I get rolled for them.
  • edited September 2015
    This should be good Good Luck lambert.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Spin Up - Lambert180 on Twitch : Lol apologies Phantom, what are the lowest stakes spin ups run at? I might add some in to the stream if I get rolled for them.
    Posted by Lambert180
    20nl is the lowest at the moment so £2 max BI. I don't recommend mixing formats though.
  • edited September 2015
    of course it's possible. it doesn't really matter if the rake is high when nobody know what they're doing
  • edited September 2015
    Gl with this Paul, will try and sneak in a wee watch whilst at work. Will you do any post 10pm streams?

Btw wed will be the 23rd ; )
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah ofc I know it's possible Perc, I keep telling him that but he won't listen!

Cheers Phantom, I'll give them a look if anyone wants them on stream.

Cheers lm--fao, these daytime ones are gonna be for the cash spin up challenge, I will do some night time ones too but those will be my regular MTT grind. And thanks for mentioning the date thing lol.

EDIT: apparently if I just type your name without the 'Allin' bit at the end, it's a banned word on the forum lol.
  • edited September 2015

Whens the next thread going up?

• edited September 2015
    Going live for the first in the series of the Sky Spin Up in 5 mins

• edited September 2015
    Just finished up, just over 2hr. Cheers for all the support, got to 18 viewers, I'll take that on my first go in a while, takes time for word to spread etc.

The account summary page wouldn't work and I forgot to note down balance at the start, and clearly I can't use a calculator either so had to go with 'Andy's' idea of contacting CC to ask for my balance pre-session so done that  and was about a BI up (only played 8nl today).

Bankroll: £107.98
    Profit: +£7.98
    Hours Played: 2

Someone kindly made this page for my Twitch channel too, dunno if I'm allowed to post it or not, so I will do and if a mod thinks it aint allowed then feel free to remove the link..

• edited September 2015
    Only caught the end but I will now make it my mission to goad you into playing SOME spinups on twitch.

Plenty of action guaranteed. It's not always all-in pre by the way (yup some people raise/fold a 10BB stack)

Maybe give it a go when up to £150 for x5BIs?

I do realise that it's not the basis of your challenge and probably isn't the best way to grind a profit. I genuinely think it would make an interesting watch and create a lot of talking points.
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah I'm deffo up for it Phantom, I love turbo MTTs, love the very fast HU SnGs etc, spinups are deffo my kinda game. Obviously I won't bother if you're not around (and no1 else asks for it), but if you pop in, I'll get some going.

• edited September 2015
    Alright mate, is Friday night any good for you for what we disscussed other day?
  • edited September 2015
    Hope your twitch session went well Lambert.  I would have loved to have watched but unfortunately work during the day so no chance :(

Good luck with it though!!
  • edited September 2015
    Hey Waller, yeah Friday night is fine for me, I'll drop you a PM on Sky now with my Skype name so you can drop me a message with the details before you start.

Thanks Rose, I will still be doing some night time streams too (although they'd be MTTs and not this 'challenge') so you should still have a chance to pop in and say hello :)

===============================

I'll be going live again for another few hours tomorrow morning (Friday) around the same time, 10am ish. See you there hopefully

Here's my Twitter btw if anyone wants to follow as I'll always tweet when I'm going live :

Or you can follow me on Twitch then you'll get an email when I go live :)
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Lambert

Didn't manage to watch your Sky Spin Up on the live Twitch, but did watch it on catch up. (If thats what they call it? :)

Found it interesting & very enjoyable and will defo be back for more.

Feedback.......
    I noted one or two viewers make comments regarding "Hissing Mic" no microphone volume music too quiet etc, however, apart from a little hissing in the background, everything else seemed fine to me.

I was also impressed with you ability to keep up with viewer comments, whilst also focussing on explaining hand strategies at the same time.

Great work
    Thanks.
  • edited September 2015
    Cheers Trev, very kind. Yeah it confused me a little that... while I was doing the stream, I had a couple of mates I was chatting to on FB join the stream to test the sound levels etc for me and they both said everything seemed fine. 

As I say, I'll be going live again tomorrow morning at 10am so you can either join me there or do the catch up thingy.
  • edited September 2015
    Going live now for the 2nd 'episode' of my Sky Spin Up

• edited September 2015
    Cheers again for support all, got up to 33 viewers today which is pretty good for early hours of the morning, especially as it's only my 2nd stream for ages. Hopefully it keeps going up, don't forget to follow me on there for notifications of when I go live. You can also watch back old streams on there too.

Small loss today of abuot £1.40 so totals now are...

Bankroll: £106.56
    Profit: +£6.56
    Hours Played: 4

Probably gonna take the weekend off now and will be back again Monday morning at 10am again. Hope to see everyone back there.

• edited September 2015
    Biggest losing hand of the session here...

Felt like I should fold river, the CIB is just always value and so hard for it to be a worse value hand, but then pretty hard for him to have better too. I even said on stream 'it must be JT' before calling lol
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £9.22
    maramark Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
      Your hole cards
    • A

MRHUD Fold     
    sneekyfish Fold     
    AYid Call  £0.08 £0.20 £8.60
    Lambert180 Raise  £0.28 £0.48 £8.94
    maramark Fold     
    AYid Call  £0.24 £0.72 £8.36
    Flop

• K

Lambert180 Bet  £0.38 £1.10 £8.56
    AYid Call  £0.38 £1.48 £7.98
    Turn

• A

Lambert180 Bet  £0.72 £2.20 £7.84
    AYid Call  £0.72 £2.92 £7.26
    River

Lambert180 Bet  £2.15 £5.07 £5.69
    AYid Raise  £4.30 £9.37 £2.96
    Lambert180 Call  £2.15 £11.52 £3.54
    AYid Show
    • J

Lambert180 Muck
    • A

AYid Win Straight to the Jack £10.65  £13.61
    And here's the biggest winning hand of the session...

Villian had been crazy loose and crazy aggressive so yeh not much to say really, is pretty standard.
    Lambert180 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.96
    maramark Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £25.70
    MRHUD Big blind  £0.08 £0.20 £6.32
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

MRHUD Check     
    eddie2 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £13.68
    WUBBZY1401 Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £0.81 £1.25 £7.15
    maramark Fold     
    MRHUD Fold     
    eddie2 Call  £0.61 £1.86 £13.07
    Flop

• K
    • K

Lambert180 Bet  £0.94 £2.80 £6.21
    eddie2 Call  £0.94 £3.74 £12.13
    Turn

Lambert180 Check     
    eddie2 Bet  £2.84 £6.58 £9.29
    Lambert180 Call  £2.84 £9.42 £3.37
    River

Lambert180 Check     
    eddie2 All-in  £9.29 £18.71 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in  £3.37 £22.08 £0.00
    eddie2 Unmatched bet  £5.92 £16.16 £5.92
    Lambert180 Show
    • J
    • J

eddie2 Show
    • A

Lambert180 Win Two Pairs, Kings and Jacks £14.98  £14.98
  • edited September 2015
    Enjoyed the session and lasted it without a green tag which I'll take as a badge of honour.

Spinups for next time then?

I just tried to rewatch our 1st HU hand [J9 allin on river] (in fact I think it was the only hand we really clashed on) as I wanted to hear your commentary on it but it was bang in the middle of a muted section. There must be some kind of autodetect in place for copyrighted music or something? Seems odd you can stream what you want on spotify but not rebroadcast it?

Would have been interesting if the river had been a brick card...

Hand History #950098131 (11:10 25/09/2015)

Phantom66 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £7.96
    Lambert180 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
      Your hole cards
    • J

Phantom66 Raise   £0.12 £0.24 £7.84
    Lambert180 Call   £0.08 £0.32 £7.84
    Flop

Lambert180 Check        
    Phantom66 Bet   £0.16 £0.48 £7.68
    Lambert180 Call   £0.16 £0.64 £7.68
    Turn

• K

Lambert180 Check        
    Phantom66 Bet   £0.32 £0.96 £7.36
    Lambert180 Raise   £0.91 £1.87 £6.77
    Phantom66 Call   £0.59 £2.46 £6.77
    River

Lambert180 Bet   £1.88 £4.34 £4.89
    Phantom66 All-in   £6.77 £11.11 £0.00
    Lambert180 All-in   £4.89 £16.00 £0.00
    Phantom66 Show
    • J

Lambert180 Show
    • J

Lambert180 Win Straight to the Jack £7.65   £7.65
    Phantom66 Win Straight to the Jack £7.65   £7.65
  • edited September 2015

70p rake fees!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2015
    70p rake fees!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah sucks when you "win" a hand and lose 35p
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Spin Up - Lambert180 on Twitch --- LIVE NOW!:
    Cheers again for support all, got up to 33 viewers today which is pretty good for early hours of the morning, especially as it's only my 2nd stream for ages. Hopefully it keeps going up, don't forget to follow me on there for notifications of when I go live. You can also watch back old streams on there too. http://www.twitch.tv/lambert180 Small loss today of abuot £1.40 so totals now are... Bankroll: £106.56 Profit: +£6.56 Hours Played: 4 Probably gonna take the weekend off now and will be back again Monday morning at 10am again. Hope to see everyone back there.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Only a poker pro refers to 11am as the 'early hours of the morning'!
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah interesting hand Phantom, as for if the river was a brick, I think that shows the advantage of aggression cos we both have the exact same hand but if it bricks on the river I'm gonna win the hand (unless you make some realllly sick river jam over my bet lol). 

Lol Gregster that is true!

Gonna post one more hand from that session cos JJ asked me about it after the session, he thought it was a really bad call on the turn. At the time I thought it was pretty close and after the event thought 'meh maybe it was bad' so me and JJ did the maths on it.

I think it's pretty obvious villain has the nuts here on the turn or as good as... basically I'd be amazed if he ever has anything here other than a set, which means we got 8 outs that are good 100% if he only has sets, and think we get the lot everytime if we hit, so we're effectively calling £1.77 on the turn to win the £7.08 in the middle now PLUS £4.60 we got behind, so £1.77 to win £11.68

And that makes it a call. Interesting one though cos in game JJ was sure it was bad, and I leaned towards thinking it was probably bad too after the event. That's why it's good to run the numbers on these things afterwards.
    sneekyfish Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £18.71
    eddie2 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £13.82
      Your hole cards
    • Q

WUBBZY1401 Fold     
    Lambert180 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £7.76
    maramark Call  £0.24 £0.60 £22.40
    sneekyfish Fold     
    eddie2 Call  £0.16 £0.76 £13.66
    Flop

• J

eddie2 Check     
    Lambert180 Bet  £0.42 £1.18 £7.34
    maramark Call  £0.42 £1.60 £21.98
    eddie2 Fold     
    Turn

Lambert180 Bet  £0.97 £2.57 £6.37
    maramark Raise  £2.74 £5.31 £19.24
    Lambert180 Call  £1.77 £7.08 £4.60
    River

Lambert180 Check     
    maramark All-in  £19.24 £26.32 £0.00
    Lambert180 Fold     
    maramark Muck     
    maramark Win  £6.54  £6.54
    maramark Return  £19.24 £0.54 £25.78
  • edited September 2015
    yeah it sort of shows the limits of thinking in terms of raw equity when you have a draw

177/708 = 25% equity to call. and we dont have that with 8 outs [lets call it 16% equity]. 

however, draws do better than their equity share - as when they hit, they hit the nuts or near nuts and do so where payouts are biggest [turns and rivers]

its one of the reasons people over fold when they have a gutshot. many people know about pot odds and how to count outs, and  they think in terms of raw equity v outs. they ignore the huge % of the pot nuts capture when draws hit and the fact that even our air will capture some of the pot as good bluffing opportunities will present themselves.

• edited September 2015
    Going live in about 2-3 mins, so hopefully some of those people who can't make the mornings can join in tonight.

• edited September 2015
    Cheers guys for everyone that joined in. Had a solid session, bit frustrating to get stacked 5 mins before the end or it would have been a pretty big one. I'll post that hand and any other interesting ones tomorrow but gonna go spend some time with the other half now

Bankroll: £121.79
    Profit:   +£21.79
    Hours Played: 6