You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

strange goings on...

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
Lots of different players are currently registered for £11 russian roulettes, all of them 'new players'.

Seems very strange?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    i want to see this phenomenon ...where are they listed ?

edit, found em

Another edit..

suspisious bunch of names too
  • edited September 2015
    In the sit & go lobby.

All the aliases are names follwed by a number. Seems dodgy to me.
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    very, just picked 3 at random, none on scope

• edited September 2015
    See what you mean, very strange. just had a flick through and found 3 diff 'browns' and a 'browny', all with diff numbers after name. And 2 diff 'ally' again with diff numbers after. Infact most of them, like you said, had a string of numbers after.

Not sure what it could mean tho tbh, perhaps a very high risk and primative form of money laundering ; )
  • edited September 2015
    Brown42

bbrownyy5
    ally1001
    ally504
    1500aaw
    ab92921
    brown42
    alexis334
    andrew771
    browny003
    brown888
    angry58
    anita992
    annbb1
    annu282
    clownteeth
    ab7372

A truly random lost of names if there ever was one.

edit ** another family member **

baller3033

• edited September 2015
    If they all go off line in the same instant.....
  • edited September 2015
    Yeah you gotta watch those names followed by a number players - well iffy.

Seriously though...

should report it to customer care, could be money laundering or multi-accounting/collusion where a rake race makes it beneficial to play alot of RR.
  • edited September 2015
    Last year I spotted a guy who was creating fake accounts & playing them in £10 Heads-up games, using the introductory token they get. They all had very similar names & number aliases. He won about £2k before he was spotted!! Maybe he's back!

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: strange goings on...:
    Brown42 bbrownyy5 ally1001 ally504 1500aaw ab92921 brown42 alexis334 andrew771 browny003 brown888 angry58 anita992 annbb1 annu282 clownteeth ab7372 A truly random lost of names if there ever was one.
    Posted by mumsie
    and the winning alias is............................. clownteeth
  • edited September 2015
    Should report to CC

Could be.

1. multi-accounting/collusion if there is a rake race/other benefit to playing a lot of games
    2. money laundering.

PS You do need to watch those players who's names are a name followed by a number - well dodgy!
  • edited September 2015
    Should report to CC Could be. 1. multi-accounting/collusion if there is a rake race/other benefit to playing a lot of games 2. money laundering. PS You do need to watch those players who's names are a name followed by a number - well dodgy!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks, took you posting it twice ; )

1st time round thought it was pure sarcasm.
  • edited September 2015
    Should report to CC Could be. 1. multi-accounting/collusion if there is a rake race/other benefit to playing a lot of games 2. money laundering. PS You do need to watch those players who's names are a name followed by a number - well dodgy!
    Posted by Phantom66

took me 3 reads to see what you were getting at.

• edited September 2015

I have sent the thread upstairs.
  • edited September 2015
    Last year I spotted a guy who was creating fake accounts & playing them in £10 Heads-up games, using the introductory token they get. They all had very similar names & number aliases. He won about £2k before he was spotted!! Maybe he's back!
    Posted by goldnballz
    I don't have any specific facts available to me, and am not referring to those mentioned in this thread, but if anyone tries any jiggery pokery in this department, their next task is to get the cash off site. And that would need vetting & approval in such cases.   
  • edited September 2015
    aha The Phantom always posts twice.

Sorry that was an accident - didnt show on my screen and thought it was one of those "lost posts" when you hit the add Post button without realising you were not logged in.
  • edited September 2015
    This thread intregued my with all them names sitting at the tables, so  I was looking at the lobby with all the single players sitting  at all these tables, trying to figure out what it was all about,  I noticed they all seemed to fill- up at about the same time, so I quickly railed (railled?) one at random to watch how they played (thinking they maybe bots or something ), see if I could spot irregularities...I didnt realize they were sudden death! , Russian roulette wasnt a big enought clue for me!

There was some chat in the chatbox though. Just one comment by another railer. I copied and pasted it just in case a Sky mod wants to see it.

Probably nothing, but ive got it in saved in Notepad should it be required.
  • edited September 2015
    A big thank you to those that spotted this. You were right, something was going on - specifically a form of promotion abuse. It's good to know that we have savvy members of this community.
  • edited September 2015
    This thread intregued my with all them names sitting at the tables, so  I was looking at the lobby with all the single players sitting  at all these tables, trying to figure out what it was all about,  I noticed they all seemed to fill- up at about the same time, so I quickly railed (railled?) one at random to watch how they played (thinking they maybe bots or something ), see if I could spot irregularities...I didnt realize they were sudden death! , Russian roulette wasnt a big enought clue for me! There was some chat in the chatbox though. Just one comment by another railer. I copied and pasted it just in case a Sky mod wants to see it. Probably nothing, but ive got it in saved in Notepad should it be required.
    Posted by mumsie
    You sad c u n t is your life that bad that you sit around like the school grass lmao
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks for the feedback Dan, I was worried you would be unable to comment
  • edited September 2015
    sorry Ivan
    Yet another abuse ring cracked without the aid of non-HUD database extravaganzas. 

Just joking

In all seriousness, just great that we can spot these pests through smarts

• edited September 2015
    All names have a,b or c as the first letter.

Hmmmm.......
  • edited September 2015
    Good work guys, its as much in our interest as it is in Skys interest to stop dodgey goings on!

This is our hobby and we dont want it being messed with!

Sky Dan of course is a legend he always sorts things and always gives feedback, love him!

Ger
  • edited September 2015
    Good work guys, its as much in our interest as it is in Skys interest to stop dodgey goings on! This is our hobby and we dont want it being messed with! Sky Dan of course is a legend he always sorts things and always gives feedback, love him! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Ger the more you post the more feminine you sound :@P

so is there any chance ger can spoon er with you dan :@}
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: strange goings on... : Ger the more you post the more feminine you sound :@P so is there any chance ger can spoon er with you dan :@}
    Posted by churchy18

lol
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: strange goings on... : and the winning alias is............................. clownteeth
    Posted by mkgunner
    he's prob the only legit player amongst them!
  • edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    I do love it when you help us to spot things like this, it is very much appreciated. You have again helped to spot a promotion abuse ring. THANK YOU.
  • edited October 2015
    I do love it when you help us to spot things like this, it is very much appreciated. You have again helped to spot a promotion abuse ring. THANK YOU.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    no probs
  • edited October 2015
    Another spot for you Dan.
    It appears that there are 1 or 2 regged for freerolls that haven't opened for registration yet.