You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Idea for a new Tuesday Main Event

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Have noticed over the past number of weeks that the turbo tuesday has not met the 4k gtd i believe it used to be a 6k gtd back when the tv was running. I believe the main appeal of the turbo tuesday was when the tv channel was in existence where people could watch themselves on the telly.  Also it worked very well as the tv channel was able to show the whole tournament as it was always over before 12pm.

I think the tournament has lost its appeal since the decline of the tv channel and therefore something new could be implemented which would get numbers back up and people would be excited about playing something different.

Going to throw forward a couple of tournament suggestions 

£22 bounty hunter with the option of 1 reentry
£22 Win the button tournament

Would love to hear if any others have any suggestions if theres something that you have in mind that you would like to see implemented as a main event.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    +1 for bh or even keeping it a turbo but improving the structure and increasing the buyin
  • edited September 2015
    I like the fast past nature of the Turbo but the buyin is pretty small and with the smallish GTD the final table payouts aren't attractive enough personally for me to want to play it. However I know that for a lot of players the £11 turbo is possibly the only main event they can afford to play so feel that increasing the stake might be a mistake. Yeah, you can do satellites: but not everyone has the time to play them (particularly those that work a standard day job 9-5 or similar; they might get home at 6, have some tea and a relax but won't be ready to play till 8. Fitting in a satellite beforehand is just impossible w/o skipping tea!)

I know the show definitely attracted people to play it but still think it has attraction in it being a low affordable buy-in. I would maybe like to see once a month with an increased BI turbo on a tuesday (Super Turbo Tuesday?) - that would definitely mix it up a bit. And love the idea of a BH Turbo - how crazy would that be!
  • edited September 2015
    Is this still the biggest weekly field on SKY Poker?

If so, that shows its popularity of the event. It was kind of inevitable that numbers would drop after the TV show disappeared. I used to play quite a few main events but now only play the Turbo for the very reason given above - I don't have time to play satellites for higher buy in events.
  • edited September 2015
    you could have a 50p main event and that'd be the biggest field, but that doesn't mean Sky should do it, so there are flaws with that argument
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks for your feedback!

We are planning a revamp of all our Main Events that we hope to have ready when UKOPS finishes. We're certainly due one. There will still be plenty of Bounty Hunters given that they are so popular but we definitely want to freshen things up.
  • edited September 2015
    I am not too sure about changing Tuesday yet. It should be understood that only a small percentage of the total number of players on Sky actually play the main event. Most players playing are very much recreational players and are playing with their pocket money and go to work. They just cannot afford to play events at £33 , they cannot stay up till 3- O'clock in the morning as they have to get up for work, for some of them this is the big event of their week. If anything now that the TV has gone there is an argument for changing the focus to more like this on other nights as some players cannot make Tuesday's etc. 
  • edited September 2015

i think it should stay as it is. 

this tournament is the only one that gives the opportunity to add content into the tv programme on tuesday and show the final table action before mignight.

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Idea for a new Tuesday Main Event:
    Thanks for your feedback! We are planning a revamp of all our Main Events that we hope to have ready when UKOPS finishes. We're certainly due one. There will still be plenty of Bounty Hunters given that they are so popular but we definitely want to freshen things up.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Hey m8, I know the dates for UKOPS are coming very soon, but can I ask if its going to start beginning or end of the month and how long is it due to last approximiately.

It's just I'd like to be free on those days ideally, so book time off work or what have you...

Thanks in advance :)
  • edited September 2015
    Oh and personally I don't mind the turbo for what it is, though if it does get a sprucing up won't be a bad thing imo.
  • edited September 2015
    you could have a 50p main event and that'd be the biggest field, but that doesn't mean Sky should do it, so there are flaws with that argument
    Posted by percival09
    I wasn't making an argument, just asking if it was still the biggest field.

As someone said, the Turbo ME is the biggest event of the week for a lot of recreational players so if it went up in entry fee then it might push a large number of recreational players away who are looking for a big field for £10.

There are plenty of £2 & £5 events which seem to be attracting bigger fields so maybe a lot of those players see £10 as too much for them. I know there are satellites but maybe a promotion campaign to encourage players to enter these might be effective.

Personally, I find the schedule over loaded with BH events. I do play some but probably wouldn't play the Turbo if it was a BH. Could play two £5 events or get a £10 Turbo on another site.
  • edited September 2015
    I can't provide details of UKOPS yet I'm afraid, Friday there will be an announcement though!
  • edited September 2015
    I can't provide details of UKOPS yet I'm afraid, Friday there will be an announcement though!
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    You are getting engaged to a poker dealer?