You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Well i cant complain to much.........but

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
when playing HU Holdem, if you are away from the table,
You usually find that when you return, after being disconnected or just away.
That 90% of the time your opponent has smashed the raise button,
leaving you with a shove fold stack when you return. ( that's my experience anyway)

In plo8 (omaha hi/lo) HU there's a different story 
last night i regged for a plo8 HU game, traffic was slow, 
i sat there for about 5 mins waiting for the game to start,
So i popped out for a quick ciggy (i'm the champ it's what i do when waiting for a game)

On my return, the game had already started
I quickly hit the i'm back button fearing the worst 
I was away from the game for almost  7 mins (1 level)
My opponent was Kagawa my starting stack was 1500 chips
when i looked to see what was left it was 1500chips

Well i Can't complain to much, can I.... WP kag

Regards Alan (can't remember if i won or not lol plo8 champ) 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Been playing at sky for 2 half years now, and been fortunate with the whole disconnection jobbie.

Tonight though about 8.45 or so got disconnected in the middle of a hu match I was trying v hard to win, had  to shut down pc to get back in and all that jazz.

But anyhow time I got back the damage was done and I found myself cursing sky blah blah blah, but then I thought
    hold on a minute here how much money have I won over 2 and half years ( all be it ) £2/£1 hu with other players being disconned,  there is no way I should be complaining.

Or even players that have reged to play me thinking it was holdem and realising after 5 or 6 mins that they are just not going to beat me and sitting out.

So I am lucky really and cant complain, well not much anyhow.

Kags
  • edited September 2015

^^^^

Nice comments by AJ.

AJ praised Kaggy, but he's not so bad himself.

I was on 3 tables last night, then a new table I had regged for started, but the Table refused to load for about 10 minutes. AJ came across to one of my active tables to tell me "hurry up tikay, you are blinding away on a new table".

Proper Gent.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Well i cant complain to much.........but:
    Been playing at sky for 2 half years now, and been fortunate with the whole disconnection jobbie. Tonight though about 8.45 or so got disconnected in the middle of a hu match I was trying v hard to win, had  to shut down pc to get back in and all that jazz. But anyhow time I got back the damage was done and I found myself cursing sky blah blah blah, but then I thought hold on a minute here how much money have I won over 2 and half years ( all be it ) £2/£1 hu with other players being disconned,  there is no way I should be complaining. Or even players that have reged to play me thinking it was holdem and realising after 5 or 6 mins that they are just not going to beat me and sitting out. So I am lucky really and cant complain, well not much anyhow. Kags
    Posted by _kagawa
    _
    Tremendous post.

As poker players, most of us we complain when we get disco'd, but say nothing when our HU opponent is "AWAY".

This happens quite frequently when 4 handed in DYM's, with one away player. Everyone sits there quietly, folding to each other until Mr Away blinds out.

We see "I got outdrawn by miracle runner runner" every day, but rarely do we see "I got so lucky". It cuts both ways, equally. We remember one, not the other.

We are a funny bunch at times.