You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

expanding sky poker TWITCH?!

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
Hi guys I am thinking about streaming sky poker tourneys on twitch! For those who do not know what it is twitch is where anyone from gamers to poker players allow other people to watch them live! Well on a delay of anywhere between 2-7 minutes so for me it would stop people seeing my whole cards until the hand was done with. Poker on twitch is getting bigger by the day and people like Jason Somerville and Jaime staples are leading the way I was just wondering if the sky community would like to see this on sky poker as nobody is doing it right now! I'll twitch tournerments sit and go's double your money's etc whatever people would like to see with the sky poker channel no longer being available I feel this would be a great way for people to get sky poker action while playing tourney's there self I'll be aiming to do this pretty much full time (50-60 hours a week) if it's something you guys would be interested in thanks :) 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to expanding sky poker TWITCH?!:
    Hi guys I am thinking about streaming sky poker tourneys on twitch! For those who do not know what it is twitch is where anyone from gamers to poker players allow other people to watch them live! Well on a delay of anywhere between 2-7 minutes so for me it would stop people seeing my whole cards until the hand was done with. Poker on twitch is getting bigger by the day and people like Jason Somerville and Jaime staples are leading the way I was just wondering if the sky community would like to see this on sky poker as nobody is doing it right now! I'll twitch tournerments sit and go's double your money's etc whatever people would like to see with the sky poker channel no longer being available I feel this would be a great way for people to get sky poker action while playing tourney's there self I'll be aiming to do this pretty much full time (50-60 hours a week) if it's something you guys would be interested in thanks :) 
    Posted by marco1520

New then? There are a few who have or still are streaming.

What mtt's will you be playing?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?!:
    In Response to expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : New then? There are a few who have or still are streaming. What mtt's will you be playing?
    Posted by waller02
    there maybe a couple but I meant as in full time, I think there's a big market being missed with sky TV no longer being available and people would enjoy having something to watch while playing! A range of tournaments :) to suit all bankrolls, whatever the community would like to see, but the nightly main events will always be streamed as I think they will bring in the biggest audiences. :)
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : there maybe a couple but I meant as in full time, I think there's a big market being missed with sky TV no longer being available and people would enjoy having something to watch while playing! A range of tournaments :) to suit all bankrolls, whatever the community would like to see, but the nightly main events will always be streamed as I think they will bring in the biggest audiences. :)
    Posted by marco1520

Some effort to stream full time, I wish you luck!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : Some effort to stream full time, I wish you luck!
    Posted by waller02
    cheers mate :) it will be looking to do 50-60 hours a week!
  • edited September 2015
    Good luck with this good idea.  I would like to see you do it for mtts and would tune in to watch.
  • edited September 2015
    All for Twitch, think it's a great service. What I would say is be careful with content. If you are going to promote your stream via the Sky Poker forum then watch the swearing etc. Some of the best Twitch streamers in the poker world manage to provide an entertaining and intelligent broadcast without cursing/insulting players etc. and this is what we are hoping for from our players who decide to use Twitch.

We want new players to feel welcome - not berated if they make a mistake etc.

Something to bear in mind, but I look forward to watching when you start!
  • edited September 2015
    All for Twitch, think it's a great service. What I would say is be careful with content. If you are going to promote your stream via the Sky Poker forum then watch the swearing etc. Some of the best Twitch streamers in the poker world manage to provide an entertaining and intelligent broadcast without cursing/insulting players etc. and this is what we be hoping for from our players who decide to use Twitch. We want new players to feel welcome - not berated if they make a mistake etc. Something to bear in mind, but I look forward to watching when you start!
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    exactly mate that's what I want to provide where we all just have a good time and bring in new players, cheers mate :)
  • edited September 2015
    Twitch does appear to be popular, in my opinion how you differentiate your stream is key. Seems to be lots of people doing very similar streams so you need to give people a reason to pick your one. 

Best of luck with this
  • edited September 2015
    I'll be an occasional watcher, numbers will grow if its good, Gl.
  • edited September 2015
    Twitch does appear to be popular, in my opinion how you differentiate your stream is key. Seems to be lots of people doing very similar streams so you need to give people a reason to pick your one.  Best of luck with this
    Posted by MattBates
    cheers matt! I know what you mean the fact i'd be one of the few streaming a lot of sky poker will help me but got a few ideas to make mine stand out!
  • edited September 2015
    Good afternoon Marco.
    Could you twitch the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2015
    hi rainman once I start twitching hopefully next Monday ill be doing lots of tournaments and I will do one of them for you at some point :) 
  • edited September 2015
    Good luck Marco i will be watching
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015
    Excellent Thank You Marco.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : cheers mate :) it will be looking to do 50-60 hours a week!
    Posted by marco1520

Then I shall def be tuning in when I can.

How long are you planning to stream 50-60 hrs/week for though? It sounds a like a tough order to me but you have obviously given it some thought.

All the best though and look forward to watching.
  • edited September 2015
    thank you mate :) for as long as poker makes me happy I play that amount now! just thought streaming spreads my name makes it more fun to play but most of all helps out sky poker! I will see you then!
  • ommomm
    edited September 2015
    thank you mate :) for as long as poker makes me happy I play that amount now! just thought streaming spreads my name makes it more fun to play but most of all helps out sky poker! I will see you then!
    Posted by marco1520

Goodluck with this, hope you are successful, Twitch are currently in beta for something called Playlist, don't know to much about it but in essence it allows your stream to become 24/7 by letting you choose what historical shows you reply making your channel "on" all the time, I think a caveat is that to help test it you have to have 200 concurrent viewers. If you are screening 50/60 hrs a week then you should get that many soon enough. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : Goodluck with this, hope you are successful, Twitch are currently in beta for something called Playlist, don't know to much about it but in essence it allows your stream to become 24/7 by letting you choose what historical shows you reply making your channel "on" all the time, I think a caveat is that to help test it you have to have 200 concurrent viewers. If you are screening 50/60 hrs a week then you should get that many soon enough. 
    Posted by omm
    cheersfor that info ill check it out! and thankyou! :)
  • edited September 2015
    All this twitch talk teaser.

When does it start ?
  • edited September 2015
    All this twitch talk teaser.

When does it start ?
  • edited September 2015

^ ^ ^ ^

This forum software abso baffles me at times.

See that duplicated post above? Yeah, we've all seen them loads of times, where, for some reason, the software duplicates a post. But those two are 1 hour & 13 minutes apart.

How that work?
  • edited September 2015
    All this twitch talk teaser. When does it start ?
    Posted by mumsie
    hopefully monday will be the first day mate :)
  • edited September 2015
    ^ ^ ^ ^ This forum software abso baffles me at times. See that duplicated post above? Yeah, we've all seen them loads of times, where, for some reason, the software duplicates a post. But those two are 1 hour & 13 minutes apart. How that work?
    Posted by Tikay10
    from my experience its if you make a post, stay on the page and then refresh the thread, it seems to repost it. 
  • edited September 2015
    I'd have to disagree with Sky Dan.

I would prefer a stream where the player was drinking/taking drugs and slagging off the other players as much as possible.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : from my experience its if you make a post, stay on the page and then refresh the thread, it seems to repost it. 
    Posted by jordz16
    That would be illegal. I was driving at the time. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : That would be illegal. I was driving at the time. 
    Posted by mumsie
    lol think id get banned for that :P
  • edited September 2015
    I'd have to disagree with Sky Dan. I would prefer a stream where the player was drinking/taking drugs and slagging off the other players as much as possible.
    Posted by PRees
    +1 to this!

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: expanding sky poker TWITCH?! : +1 to this!
    Posted by K8LOU
    lol will see ayy ;)
  • edited September 2015
    I'd have to disagree with Sky Dan. I would prefer a stream where the player was drinking/taking drugs and slagging off the other players as much as possible.
    Posted by PRees
    Maybe not quite to this extent, but I'd much rather watch an entertaining stream with the odd swear word or insult thrown than a boring one where the streamer is being too polite & trying not to offend anyone!