You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freeroll mission failed due to too much run good

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

Never known this before but actually failed the targets i set myself by running too well.

Entered the freeroll and due to some very nice run good and suckouts delivered managed to cash for a nice £20 and got a seat into the punta cana quarter. Checked out the lobby as was immediately thrown into it. Saw that top 5 get seats and 6th gets about £150 in cash so set my sights firmly on finishing 6th because nice as this comp is i have no desire for the main prize.

Spent most of the comp cruising quite nicely and then i made it to the final table. But i had too many chips and at least one other player was trying to lose theirs as well. So ended up with a seat into the semi and another chance to seat bubble.

Just now having to live with the irony of losing out by doing too well. Good fun night anyway and £20 free monay is never to be turned down.

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Incase your not aware if you bought into the semis and then qualified you get the cash, you can then cancel reg for the semis and get your buy in back. Thats if the semi reg was opened of course, and assuming you had the bankroll to buy in :D.

Good luck, Ger
  • edited September 2015

Latest update. despite my lack of tournament ability. After a lucky early double up again cruised my way in the semis. And again was running too well to bubble for the cash so have ended up in the final. Seems weird to waste all this run good for no money but another bubble chance beckons
  • edited September 2015
    Very best of luck in the final sir!
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Freeroll mission failed due to too much run good:
    Very best of luck in the final sir!
    Posted by LARSON7
    How did you get on, Kev? ;)

Bet Talon (wp Colin) would swap with you.......
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: Freeroll mission failed due to too much run good:
    Incase your not aware if you bought into the semis and then qualified you get the cash, you can then cancel reg for the semis and get your buy in back. Thats if the semi reg was opened of course, and assuming you had the bankroll to buy in :D. Good luck, Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Right now you cant do this, am getting worried, trying to buy in to semi but wont let me :( . I really want the cash, dont want to go to Punta Cana.

Brillant spoke to customer support, no help whatsoever asked if I could have cash they reckon not, which is ridiculous when every other site out there allows people to deregister from sats, even this site, I know there is guys out there who make a living from mixing in sats to the big daily mtts here, they buy in first I think then if they win a seat to the mtt, Sky gives the cash alternative, then they just go an unregister from the big mtt's, were is the consistency Sky, why do you allow that, but when it comes to this Punta Cana Qtr, its 'oh sorry you cant have cash'.

I mean I even asked if I could trade my seat for the semi in for UKOPS entries, nope, wheres the flexibility?. More annoyingly I only got into the mtt in the first place through the Rewards FR, so its not like I consciously bought into this thing in the first place.