You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

donking cheats

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
getting sick and tired of dyms now, almost feel like people who know people cheat on the same tables.
short stacks pushing and getting called by someone with absolute nothing and therefor ends doubling the short stack. happens to many times and really does feel like cheating is taking place
seriously ticked off, and just lost the oleasure of palying dyms now, how can you do well or earn money when this happens all the time

Comments

• edited September 2015
    DYMs are one of the easiest games to collude in. If players are to collude surely calling short stacks is a bad way of doing it? Most of the time they will be a 70/30 type situation so I don't think long term they would make much £ by doing that.
  • edited September 2015
    Big stack can call as they are probably priced in and can end game NOW.

eg earlier i had 5000 chips and called allin with 42

I was in BB blinds 400/200 guys shoves 800 chips of course i am calling.

And normally its its a 60/40 as short stack has to push with any 2 usually
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: donking cheats:
    Big stack can call as they are probably priced in and can end game NOW. eg earlier i had 5000 chips and called allin with 42 I was in BB blinds 400/200 guys shoves 800 chips of course i am calling. And normally its its a 60/40 as short stack has to push with any 2 usually
    Posted by stuarty117
    Sounds like a donking cheat call to me ;)
  • edited September 2015
    Donking cheats much more likely to be folding to their fellow colluders not calling them.

e.g s/stack has 500 and goes all-in, BB is 400 and player in the BB has a 4k stack and folds

If you do see something on the tables that looks like genuine collusion you can report it to customer care and it will be investigated.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to donking cheats:
    getting sick and tired of dyms now, almost feel like people who know people cheat on the same tables. short stacks pushing and getting called by someone with absolute nothing and therefor ends doubling the short stack. happens to many times and really does feel like cheating is taking place seriously ticked off, and just lost the oleasure of palying dyms now, how can you do well or earn money when this happens all the time
    Posted by benhur7200
    Morning Chariot Bloke,

Sorry you are having, I assume, a bad run, but you can't just call people "cheats" without proper evidence, & you don't have that evidence based on your post.

In DYM's there is a 4 handed dynamic, & many don't really get it, but often we are obliged to call a shove from a shortie, it's all in the maths, & don't forget, shorties tend to (or should) push very wide, so it is often correct to call wide.

Ultimately, we should not rely on others to do our work, & we can't blame them when they make, as they often do, mistakes.

Everyone can play they way they wish with their own money (within the rules), & if we want to win our fair share of these (say, more than 55%), then its up to us to win them ourselves & not necessarily blame others for our own misfortune.

Have you presented your evidence to Customer Care? That's the right way to deal with these matters.

Hope you soon start running better, but I really don't think you should call players "cheats" without proper evidence.