You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion (Tikay advice would be nice)

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

I've been at many a table where i have suspected collusion going on and even reported 1 of them to no prevail.

Me and gadgerno1 do most of our grinding at my house cause i have 2 good set ups and where neighbours and good friends so we like to bounce poker theory off each other.

We were both in a sit and go a long while back only for a fiver and a bit of fun i wasn't playing them stakes and gadger was a 50+ players so it wasn't for gain.We both got a warning for playing off the same IP.

We got intouch with sky to get the rundown of do's and dont's as we didn't want to be breaking no rules.
Sky said tournaments only.

Last nigh we had a pound heads up match for a laugh which i totally owned gadge lol just messin i ran into gadgers aces dohhhhh,surley playing heads up off the same IP does anyone know if it is ok?

Thnaks for your help Jimifoyd.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    If you play soft to pass money then supposedly the system can spot the play and ban both players. I don't understand the thing with the same IP address? There are multiple people in my family that play on sky poker and although we live in different houses there have been plenty of times i've played on the wi-fi at my mums while my brother was in his room on his desktop
  • edited January 2010
    yea but was you playing in the same tournament aces?
  • edited January 2010
    I thought using the same IP address was a big no no.

I couldnt get my refer a friend bonus because the person used the same ip address to register.

I also thought you could not play on the same table as someone using the ip address.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Collusion (Tikay advice would be nice):
    I thought using the same IP address was a big no no. I couldnt get my refer a friend bonus because the person used the same ip address to register. I also thought you could not play on the same table as someone using the ip address.
    Posted by Hale72
    Just to clarify this was just a 1 pound heads up match no one can gain.
  • edited January 2010
    yea but was you playing in the same tournament aces?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    We have played the same tournament (which is allowed) but i'm not great at sit n go's so i haven't played those at the same table as him. so probably just fell within the rules
  • edited January 2010
    heads up games should be ok, as like you say, you cannot benefit financially.

I was just referring to cash or stt games.

But TBH, anything that could attract suspision. regardless of how innocent it is, should be avoided.
  • edited January 2010
    heads up games should be ok, as like you say, you cannot benefit financially. I was just referring to cash or stt games. But TBH, anything that could attract suspision. regardless of how innocent it is, should be avoided.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thx for that Hale nice 1.
  • edited January 2010
    I reported suspected collusion a couple of weeks ago in a DYM. I checked the 2 players a number of times over the following few days and neither was on the site. 2 days ago I got a call from Sky to give me feedback on the situation. The Sky man confirmed that the system automatically flags up if 2 or more players are using the same IP address in the same tourny. No doubt it would flag it up in a HU but they wouldnt bother about it. He also said that whenever suspected collusion is reported they ALWAYS contact the players involved and give them a polite warning (if it is their first "offence") because sometimes it is just mates playing and they don't really know any better (maybe or maybe not in my view!). Sky man said there are a number of other things they look at but, for obvious reasons, he wasn't oing to tell me what they are. He also said that Sky tries hard not to get over-officious because its a nice site and they want to keep it that way, which is good as far as I'm concerned. He was able to tell me that the 2 players I reported had not been on the site once since I reported them (and they got warned) and that there was no pattern of suspicious activity previously. I think they were trying it out to see if it would work. They found out very quickly that it wouldn't so they have gone to try somewhere else.
    Good result and well done Sky.
  • edited January 2010
    Myself and friends always enjoy playing in the opens etc together if we have a "Sky Poker Night".

Obviously in those tourneys its far less likely to be seated at the same table.
  • edited January 2010
    HU from same IP should be a nono by rights.  It doesn't matter if it's £1 or £1000 the same rules should apply.
    Most IP rules are there to protect players and for good reason.  HU is perfect for laundering money and also ideal for emptying hacked accounts.  Obviously this was not happening in a £1 sng but it shouldn't matter.... 1 rule for all.
  • edited January 2010
    HU from same IP should be a nono by rights.  It doesn't matter if it's £1 or £1000 the same rules should apply. Most IP rules are there to protect players and for good reason.  HU is perfect for laundering money and also ideal for emptying hacked accounts.  Obviously this was not happening in a £1 sng but it shouldn't matter.... 1 rule for all.
    Posted by cottlad
    Fair do's good point.