You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BAN EQUALITY-RE THINK,ME THINKS!

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat
                           HI all,
                                   I recently made a fool of myself because I let-rip in the chat box after an idiot finally found the right buttons to make me respond like I did( f- bombs etc).
                                                                                   I was,quite rightly, sanctioned for a month but noticed the other guy wasn't, even though he used just as much language/personal jibes etc.
                                                                                                             Now I find the exact same thing has happened to a good mate of mine as he told me the scenario over facebook
.                                                                                             Im all for keeping things under control in the chat box by way of sanctions or even bans in some circumstances but sky needs to be consistent when it does.Get it together please.
                                                                                               Jim
                                      p.s. no names/no pack drill . 

Comments

• edited September 2015
    My solution and suggestion is just place someone on ignore as soon as they are abusive or disrespectful to you. This is the best new feature that sky introduced. This is also the best way of annoying the abuser.

Good luck

Ger
  • edited September 2015
    GILLS69 if you private message me any details you have I will look at the case for you again and make sure all parties were treated similarly.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: BAN EQUALITY-RE THINK,ME THINKS!:
    GILLS69 if you private message me any details you have I will look at the case for you again and make sure all parties were treated similarly.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
                                           Hi Dan,
                                                     Thanks for your interest in this matter but it was a while back and I'm not sure the friend I mentioned would be bothered to stir it up again.His ban ends in a day or two.
    (water under bridge)                                                                                                                  I would suggest that when you decide to impose a ban that you check the previous 10-15 minutes of chat to make sure there are no more people at fault and deserving of same,
                               All the best,
                                               Jim                       
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: BAN EQUALITY-RE THINK,ME THINKS!:
    My solution and suggestion is just place someone on ignore as soon as they are abusive or disrespectful to you. This is the best new feature that sky introduced. This is also the best way of annoying the abuser. Good luck Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
                                                 Hi ger,
                                                          Good idea.Didnt know about that.
                                                                                                         Thanks mate,
                                                                                                                             Jim