You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So who's going to win the WSOP now?

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Who does everyone think? And what does everyone make of the wait for the final table? Personally i think it's a bit much of a wait for the nine, what does everyone else reckon?

I'd quite like to see Elky do it personally, i would've liked Hellmuth to do it in spite of his insane self loving entrance but that ain't gona happen now!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi Kirstii

I think that this is the year of the pro.

Phil Ivy is way up in the chip count with 185 to go, he has already shown he is in form with 2 bracelets in this series

My outsider would be David Benyamine he has survived 2 big out draws against full houses so luck may be with him.

Lots of good pro`s still in, including last years winner Peter Eastgate and Joe Hatchem

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/updatelander--new.asp

Should be good

Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Oh well Elky is out, Ivey is now third out of 74 and Antonio Esfandiari is sixth. You could be spot on could be the year of the pro!
  • edited July 2009
    i think after a month or so of poker in all it's forms, a rest is needed before the final table, but November??? crazy.......... if he can make the final, i fancy Eugene Katchalov for the win, but theres plenty of play left till then.
  • edited July 2009
    I really fancied Elky FTW this year, been running sick hot for the last year basically.

I think it's far too difficult to bet against Ivey making the FT, by far the best player in the field remaining and with such a big stack he's almost a dead cert. Only thing that can go against him is the deck IMO.

I'm a fan of Joe "Seventhbok" Sebok btw, with 1 Million in Chips heading into Day 7. He's nicknamed "Seventhbok" because he is infamous for bubbling the WPT TV Final Table the most times without ever winning a title, so I'm pretty syked that he's got this far and hopefully he can avoid the November Nine ONE TIME!

A shout for James Akenhead, too. Possibly the only Brit remaining (I'm sure Tikay could correct me if i'm wrong) and he was brutally denied a bracelet last year (completely outplayed his opponent and got him to shove it all in with T4 vs his AK pre-flop, the flop was TT4 with a T on the turn!) so hopefully he can take down another huge score this year.