You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GOOD NEWS ON TOKENS

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
Credit where it's due, just entered a tournament and a message came up asking if I wanted to use tokens as payment. Nice to see you now have a choice rather than using them, often without realising.

Is this the first step in being able to keep them building up in your account to have an option of using them in one go? I hope so!

Comments

• edited October 2015
    That is indeed very good news.

Iirc the prem promo tokens are limited to a week but the 2.30 tokens for earning between 100 and 500 pts are meant to be saveable for a longer period but have been given in cash until the s/w caught up with the intention
  • edited October 2015
    Brrrrrr brings good news but cold weather.
  • edited October 2015
                                            Hi;
                                                I did a thread about being able to use bonus points when it suits us because of work commitments etc as me and quite a few others couldn't make the allotted  tourney time each evening.
                                                                                                                                                     This sounds like a step in the right direction by sky.
                                             Thanks for the up-date on the matter,
                                                                                                   Run well m8,
                                                                                                                       Jim 
  • edited October 2015
    I had just read this thread and decided to check my account, it said i had £11 in tokens and bonus' so registered for a £11 dym, checked yes to use token (happy days) won the game then checked my account again and only been credited with £15, so presumably to pay for the tournament £6 in bonus tokens was used and £5 from my account.

OK i think,  so i go to enter into a £5.50 dym but it doesnt give me the option of using my remaining £5 token, i am now very confused

Anne
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS ON TOKENS:
    I had just read this thread and decided to check my account, it said i had £11 in tokens and bonus' so registered for a £11 dym, checked yes to use token (happy days) won the game then checked my account again and only been credited with £15, so presumably to pay for the tournament £6 in bonus tokens was used and £5 from my account. OK i think,  so i go to enter into a £5.50 dym but it doesnt give me the option of using my remaining £5 token, i am now very confused Anne
    Posted by Amarie
    The other fiver has to be used on sky bet
  • edited October 2015
    I had just read this thread and decided to check my account, it said i had £11 in tokens and bonus' so registered for a £11 dym, checked yes to use token (happy days) won the game then checked my account again and only been credited with £15, so presumably to pay for the tournament £6 in bonus tokens was used and £5 from my account. OK i think,  so i go to enter into a £5.50 dym but it doesnt give me the option of using my remaining £5 token, i am now very confused Anne
    Posted by Amarie

If you are opted into the Premiership promotion and your 'team' won you might have £6 worth of poker tokens, 2x£2.25 and 1x£1.50 and a free £5 sports bet, totalling £11.

That could explain what happened, you might still have a free sports bt in your account?
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Amarie
    the other £5 token should be for a free bet to be used on skybet not poker
    edit:im slow at typing :)
  • edited October 2015
    Ah thanks for that guys, what do i do with the sports bet?

Anne
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Amarie

Amarie WON. an £11 DYM? How? I'm not a buyer.

Amarie is confused? I'm a buyer, all you can eat.

xx

• edited October 2015
    Ah thanks for that guys, what do i do with the sports bet? Anne
    Posted by Amarie
    Login on sky bet and there is a load of sports you can bet on. I would stick it on Celtic to draw, will return £12 kick off at 8pm.
    Just make sure you use the free bet and not your own money, gl.
  • edited October 2015
    Ah thanks for that guys, what do i do with the sports bet? Anne
    Posted by Amarie
    Try and pick a winner!!!!!!!!

When you log onto Sky Bet you will see the free bet in orange and when you make a selection, there is a facility to tick a box to allow you to use the free £5 bet on that selection.

Good luck :)

• edited October 2015
    Yes, its really tricky trying to use free bet, it uses your money quite easily, i thought I found a work around.

I withdrew my whole bankroll , left myself with 0.00...then i messed around with it and it still wouldnt take the free bet, I gave up in the end and the free bets expired eventually ( it still tried to get me to top up with my own cash  )

Edit* SO my free bet ended up being me betting 5 pounds of my own money on France to win the Rugby world cup at 10/1
  • edited October 2015
    Good result.  Well played Sky.

Total fury still though, no more £5.50 free tokens and £5 free bet after todays drop. Must try harder to bestow freebies upon us ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Jeez... im useless, placed the bet on Celtic to draw and it took £5 of my own money as well, oh well fingers crossed lol

But thanks all for your help

Anne
    xxx

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: GOOD NEWS ON TOKENS : Amarie WON. an £11 DYM? How? I'm not a buyer. Amarie is confused? I'm a buyer, all you can eat. xx
    Posted by Tikay10
    And i did it with only 2 cards!
  • edited October 2015
    Jeez... im useless, placed the bet on Celtic to draw and it took £5 of my own money as well, oh well fingers crossed lol But thanks all for your help Anne xxx
    Posted by Amarie
    It was my pleasure, Mother.
  • edited October 2015
    a long awaited great fix, well done sky!!
  • edited October 2015
    although i would prefer if it wasnt automattically set to yes :) may have made a mishap 
  • edited October 2015
    Jeez... im useless, placed the bet on Celtic to draw and it took £5 of my own money as well, oh well fingers crossed lol But thanks all for your help Anne xxx
    Posted by Amarie
    Ha great time to make such a mistake, always nice to see someone take a few extra quid off the bookies :)
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Amarie
    i
    Glad u backed it a Amariie even if it wasn't your free bet!
    I also finished 2nd in the rewards FR for £60 and £110 ukops ticket, so a good night all round :)
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks Snuffer, what a fantastic bet, it did take my free bet and £5 of my own but i got £25 back, happy days!

Anne
    xxxx
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks Snuffer, what a fantastic bet, it did take my free bet and £5 of my own but i got £25 back, happy days! Anne xxxx
    Posted 
    Your welcome :)
  • edited October 2015
    If you enter amount (£5)in the stake box, then hit the freebet button, you will actually bet £5 + £5 (freebet and money) Do NOT enter any amount, just click e/w (if required) first then the freebet button and it will enter the amount for you without debiting money from your roll.

Of course the only reason I know this is because I did exactly the same with my first try using a freebet token ;-))
  • edited October 2015
    I was going to be saving my token's up to enter a bigger buy-in event, but it appears the tokens I have expire on 8/10/15, so bang goes that idea.

I don't think I was the only one planning on doing this, so Sky can the dates be set to longer so they can be saved up or not?

Thanks

Greg.