You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

james, gerrard, AJS, Dan, lolufold, and all other multi tablers...........

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I posted here as i don't think you'd read this if it was in 'tech' area.
Simply what system do you have for multi tabling?  I can only run 4-5 tables without my pc slowing to a near standstill.  I'll probably upgrade if i need to but i want to pinpoint the problem 1st as my current system isn't overly prehistoric.  Also there's still talk of downloadable software which would cure my problem as the tables would no longer be flash based.

Anyways, my system is as follows:
Intel core 2 duo CPU
E4500 @ 2.20 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit op system
Vista home premium
twin 19" monitors - could easily fit 9 x mini on 1 monitor if i could actually open that many.

Any info appreciated......tyty

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I'm none of the above, and I don't MT, but I will say that Vista won't be the best choice of OS - it's dreadfully slow & inefficient. You may want to try disabling Superfetch if it's enabled. Sometimes it can make quite a difference. How to disable Superfetch
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Cotlad,

I have a similar system to yours (same processor and RAM) which I recently upgraded to dual monitors, and it seems to run 8 tables with no prolbems.  The only difference is that I got rid of Vista and re-installed XP.  From what I have heard from people who know, Vista is terrible, maybe this is what is letting you down?

Ben
  • edited January 2010
    Not sure about total spec, but I have 1G ram. My processor is not a dual core. I use XP.

Dual monitors, 1 19" and 1 24", and I use firefox.

I can usually 6 table miniview, all on the 24" with the resolution adjusted so the six tables fill the whole screen.

Sometimes, depending on the time of day, it all runs too slow and have to close one down to stop myself being timed out constantly.

Like you say, its prob better waiting for the download now as its supposed to be here soon rather than upgrade anything.
  • edited January 2010
    I dont multi table and im by no means a computer wiz either, but i think ur problem is a lack of RAM. Vista can easily use up to 1 gig just to run itself, so when you start running multiple flash based apps you are not leaving yourself much head room. If you're using a pc then stick about 4 gig in and this should cure any problems you may have. RAM is fairly cheap so it wont cost you a fortune. Or you could just stick in a copy of XP if you're not worried about which operating system you use. 2 gig would be plenty with XP. Like i said, im no bill gates but i hope this is of some help to you.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi

Im running on vista 32 bit and can run 8 tables quite stable..... I have a quad core desptop though, with 2.4 ghz processors with 3gb ram!

• edited January 2010
    Titan Nero" AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 245 2.90GHz DDR2 System

AMD Athlon II X2 Dual Core 245 2.90GHz, ATI Radeon 5770 1024MB Graphics Card, Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 Dual Channel, 500GB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive 64 bit op system.

I fink thats my desktop. I use 2 24" acer monitors. Only ever loaded up 14 tables (not playing them all!), and the cpu was fine, could easily handle more.

I use windows 7 aswell.

Hope this help mate

• edited January 2010
    I feel a treat cmin on.
    Think i could just upgrade what i already have?
  • edited January 2010
    if i were you, id cash in use your poker points from tp and use them to fund it!
  • edited January 2010
    There's seemingly nothing obvious to do, as changes in browser/computer/ram and processor made little change.

Try other browsers to see if they are faster on your computer. Is your problem that when you have multiple tables open everything just freezes and then catches up and you are sat out? because that's the problem I used to have most when I was multi tabling.
  • edited January 2010
    i find firefox and ie take too long to open tables so i use chrome. i can usually manage 10 but sometimes my internet connection is slow during the day so it freezes from time to time. I have a quad core.
  • edited January 2010
    Vista is an Elsa.
    Get rid of it.
  • edited January 2010
    ie used to be better for me offshoot, chrome is good although in mini view you have to resize the table yourself because it goes so small.
  • edited January 2010
    i tried mini view for a while but now i just use normal view so not really a problem for me
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: james, gerrard, AJS, Dan, lolufold, and all other multi tablers...........:
    i tried mini view for a while but now i just use normal view so not really a problem for me
    Posted by offshoot
    how many do you play in normalview. skys software seems different to others in that the table that action is on doesnt pop to the front, so i have to keep clicking on each to see where im up to. very frustrating.  How do you align tables etc
  • edited January 2010
    play 10 in normal view, i have a 20" and a 24" monitor. i dunno how people can manage to multitable on laptops. 

i just rotate the seats so i can always see whether i have cards or not, heres a screenshot...

• edited January 2010
    got a 20.1inch laptop

use vista with chrome

got 4gb ram and dual core2 2.4ghz  4mb L2 cache

i can run 9 tables no problem

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: james, gerrard, AJS, Dan, lolufold, and all other multi tablers...........:
    if i were you, id cash in use your poker points from tp and use them to fund it!
    Posted by dantb10
    I'm with dant on this one, but try loading windows 7, half the capasity of memory that vista uses and much better, also, i use firefox instead of microsoft explorer, no probs whats so ever. But loads of ram is the key.

GL, Paul
  • edited January 2010

so its gotta be worth ordering an extra 2 gig of vaswani before i spend over a monkey on a new system right?

• edited January 2010
    Posted by offshoot

Is this a joke? mini view ftw, you can 12 table mini view on a good resolution monitor! That's crazyness!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi mate

my computer is Alienware got it built online but their not cheap. Have 3 screens 1 x 30" 2 x 24".