You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2015 Charity Comp (SPONSOR PAYMENTS) DEADLINE REACHED. £4,188 COLLECTED. TY! - PLEASE DO NOT

13»

Comments

• edited January 2016
    DescriptionUnit priceQtyAmount
    Donation to MS Research Treatment and Education (MS Research) through JustGiving
    £45.00 GBP1£45.00 GBP
    wp all

• edited January 2016

very happy with that
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 Charity Comp (SPONSOR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS):
    Description Unit price Qty Amount Donation to MS Research Treatment and Education (MS Research) through JustGiving £45.00 GBP 1 £45.00 GBP wp all
    Posted by GELDY

Great stuff GELDY, thanks for your sponsorship payment of £45, paid direct to the TLB Winner's (GARETH SMITH) chosen charity MS RESEARCH.

Really appeciate your support, and GL in the TLB2015 Heads Up comp (Draw has been made)

All the best for 2016!

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Hi Graham,

Sorry for taking time to settle this.  Been busy between grinding and life stuff!

If my memory was correct, I think that I opted for a 50/50 split between the winners charity and my charity.

I sent £55 to you via Bank Transfer and £55 via JustGiving to the Oxford Radcliffe Trust.

I hope this is right, if not then I'll settle any balances.

Once again amazing work.

Will chat on Skype later to confirm everything.

Thanks
    Ryan
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 Charity Comp (SPONSOR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS):
    Hi Graham, Sorry for taking time to settle this.  Been busy between grinding and life stuff! If my memory was correct, I think that I opted for a 50/50 split between the winners charity and my charity. I sent £55 to you via Bank Transfer and £55 via JustGiving to the Oxford Radcliffe Trust. I hope this is right, if not then I'll settle any balances. Once again amazing work. Will chat on Skype later to confirm everything. Thanks Ryan
    Posted by scotty77

Hi Ryan, many thanks I have received the £55 OK.

How it works for "COMPETITORS" is the £50 initial pledge goes into the TLB prize pool to be split 40/30/20/10 between the top 4 winner's charities, and the £60 for your tournament wins is split between the top 4 point scorers of the Tournament Wins comp, so the £110 should all have been sent to the bank, so it can be allocated accordingly to the charities of the winning players. It was "SPONSORS" that could choose, specific charity, 50/50 split etc.

I'm sure I can work around this, as you have already paid the £55 to Oxford Radcliffe Trust.

Not sure I have your Skype any more for some reason.

If you could add me, that would be great. My Skype ID is: graham_paul_carter

Thanks for your support mate!

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Many thanks to GAZSCOOP. Your payment of £60 has been successfully received. Opening post has been updated with recent payments.

All the best for 2016, and thanks again for supporting this in 2015.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Chris (rspca12) has an appointment with Guide Dogs for the Blind on Fri 15th January, to make his charity payment for winning the "Tournament Wins" comp.

Please can we have all payments in by then, so we can calculate the final figures for his and all the other charities.

Many thanks,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Chris (rspca12) has an appointment with Guide Dogs for the Blind on Fri 15th January , to make his charity payment for winning the "Tournament Wins" comp. Please can we have all payments in by then, so we can calculate the final figures for his and all the other charities. Many thanks, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo
    You would have thought he would have chosen RSPCA for his charity...
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Tournament Leader Board 2015 Charity Comp (SPONSOR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS) : Hi Ryan, many thanks I have received the £55 OK. How it works for  "COMPETITORS " is the £50 initial pledge goes into the TLB prize pool to be split 40/30/20/10 between the top 4 winner's charities, and the £60 for your tournament wins is split between the top 4 point scorers of the Tournament Wins comp, so the £110 should all have been sent to the bank, so it can be allocated accordingly to the charities of the winning players. It was "SPONSORS " that could choose, specific charity, 50/50 split etc. I'm sure I can work around this, as you have already paid the £55 to Oxford Radcliffe Trust. Not sure I have your Skype any more for some reason. If you could add me, that would be great. My Skype ID is: graham_paul_carter Thanks for your support mate! Cheers, Graham
    Posted by StayOrGo

What a great bloke Ryan Spittles is. After realising the above, Ryan generously sent another £55 to the charity bank account, voluntarily increasing his total donation to a total of £165!

Not only that, despite perhaps not being able to play as many Sky tournaments as he would like (playing live a lot I believe), he is still prepared to support TLB2016 as a COMPETITOR!

Will you be representing Oxford Radcliffe Trust?

I really hope you have a successful 2016 mate, you deserve it!  Thanks again for your continued support.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    I have just made my final donation to the British Heart Foundation of £10, which I believe sees me square.

I sent a screenshot of the payment to Graham, but the reference number was a3848080-339e-4a14-998f-cfdfc50f51ae (wow)

Given that I didn't win as much as I wanted to last year (no great shock to many of you I guess ;-)) I have also set up a monthly payment to BHF from my salary, so that they will continue to benefit throughout the whole of 2016.

Assume Bromley Male and I are going to play again in 2016.  Someone has to keep that table propped up from the bottom (I have strong arms!)

May I add my personal thanks to everyone who participated and donated to this cause. Faith in humanity is a wonderful thing.

And to Graham. What an absolute hero and your brother would be very proud.

Best wishes.

Natalie 
  • edited January 2016
    I have just made my final donation to the British Heart Foundation of £10, which I believe sees me square. I sent a screenshot of the payment to Graham, but the reference number was a3848080-339e-4a14-998f-cfdfc50f51ae (wow) Given that I didn't win as much as I wanted to last year (no great shock to many of you I guess ;-)) I have also set up a monthly payment to BHF from my salary, so that they will continue to benefit throughout the whole of 2016. Assume Bromley Male and I are going to play again in 2016.  Someone has to keep that table propped up from the bottom (I have strong arms!) May I add my personal thanks to everyone who participated and donated to this cause. Faith in humanity is a wonderful thing. And to Graham. What an absolute hero and your brother would be very proud. Best wishes. Natalie 
    Posted by Bromley023[/QUOTE

Many thanks for your donation and kind words Natalie. Actually made me quite emotional. :=)

So glad you are joining us again in 2016!

Will you both be representing the same charities again?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Graham, just paid the £30 direct to CENTREPOINT as discussed.

Im not so good with computers, unsure how to put a photo of receipt on here.

I have a confirmation email from them and I took a photo of the confirmation screen as I did it online.

The reference number is cpwebCEN6467396.

Drop me a pm with your mobile number if you want and I will send the photo or your email and I can forward the confirmation, whatevers easiest/best for you.

Great effort from you with this initiative and all who took part, gl for 2016.

All the best

James
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Graham, just paid the £30 direct to CENTREPOINT as discussed. Im not so good with computers, unsure how to put a photo of receipt on here. I have a confirmation email from them and I took a photo of the confirmation screen as I did it online. The reference number is cpwebCEN6467396. Drop me a pm with your mobile number if you want and I will send the photo or your email and I can forward the confirmation, whatevers easiest/best for you. Great effort from you with this initiative and all who took part, gl for 2016. All the best James
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
    Many thanks for this James, and congratulations on your heads up win.

I've sent you a PM re receipt.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    The money for The Guide Dogs for the blind has been sent to Chris Cunliffe (rspca12)

He will be making the donation today I believe.

We have been able to calculate the amount for Guide Dogs FTB, as it comes from the "Tournament Wins" aspect of the competition (paid into only by Competitors) and not the TLB aspect.

We managed to collect £1,490 in the "Tournament Wins" pool.

Chris won that compettion, and as a result, his charity gets 40% of that, which is £596.

Chris will be posting details regarding the payment here soon. Thanks again for all the support received.

Before we can make the final donations to the charities of the top 4 in the Tournament Leader Board comp, we need the rest of the sponsor money in.

However, I have to draw a line in the sand somewhere, and that line will be 23rd January.

Please can all payments be made before that date. On 24th January, I will calculate the figures based on the monies received and send to the competitors for them to make the donations to their charities.

They will post receipts on this thread.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported this, we have managed to raise a lot of money for some great charities.

On 24th January, I will report the totals raised for each of the charities, and provide appropriate spreadsheets.

All the best for 2016!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    I am very pleased to say, Chris Cunliffe (rspca12) has made his donation of £600 to GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND    (£596 was due to them, but Chris kindly made it up to £600)

He has sent me the receipt which I will post here (minus his personal details, address and signature)

I'm not sure if you will be able to view it on this thread, however I will circulate it via email to all the competitors for completeness. Thank again for your support with this Chris, and once again,congratulations on winning the "Tournament Wins" comp! :=)

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016

Two part Receipt of the £600 donation to Guide Dogs for the Blind below:

• edited January 2016
    Following on from Chris's donation, I have made two more payments to the charities.

Namely £50 to THE SAMARITANS, and £25 to MIND IN CAMBS.

The only remaining charities to be paid now are the four TLB winners, namely MS RESEARCH, SALVATION ARMY, STEP UP and MS TRUST. However these charities (being the winners), receive the "lions share" of the donations.

We are still awaiting sponsor money to come in to finalise these figures.

However I have set a CUT OFF DATE of 23rd January. Anything not collected by then will be "written off". SO PLEASE IF YOU DO STILL OWE SPONSOR MONEY, PLEASE PAY IT BY 22ND JAN LATEST.

Funds will be paid to the winning competitors on 24th January, and they will then make the donations to their respective charities.

Details of the sponsor payments received so far, and the donations that have already been paid to the charities, can be found on the opening post.

Many thanks again to all who have supported this.

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S. £50 donation to THE SAMARITANS and £25 donation to MIND IN CAMBS shown below:
    Thank you for your donation. We're sending it straight to Cambridgeshire Mental Welfare Association Limited so you'll be making a difference very soon.

A word from Cambridgeshire Mental Welfare Association Limited
    Thank you so much for your donation to Mind in Cambridgeshire. We appreciate your support of our work.

Your donation receipt

Donation reference

D81222544

Date
    1/15/2016 4:28:43 PM (GMT)

Charity name

Cambridgeshire Mental Welfare Association Limited

Charity registration number

Donation amount

£25.00

Gift Aid ( What's this?)
    £6.25

We wanted to say a big thank you from everyone at Samaritans for your kind gift of £50.00. Because you took the time to help, someone in their darkest hour will now have someone to talk to.

Your support means so much. Not just to us, but – even more importantly – to the people who needed us most. You can read some of their messages below.

We’d love to hear from you, so if you have any questions or would like to hear more about what we do to support people struggling to cope, please call us on 03709 00 00 32 or email supportercare@samaritans.org.

On behalf of all of us here at Samaritans, we'd like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Thank you!

• edited January 2016
    Very happy to recieve the funds from chicknMelt (via MattBates).

This completes 100% collection of the "Tournament Wins" aspect of the prize pool, at a total of £1,610.

As a result Guide Dogs for the Blind is due an extra £48 (totaling £648), which has been sent to Chris(rspca12) for him to forward on to them.

Also I have passed kgee's direct £25 sponsorship of CENTREPOINT on to them.

Details below:

Thank you for your payment to Centrepoint, for the amount of 25 GBP. We would be grateful if you would check that the above is correct.

If you have any queries regarding this payment, please quote transaction reference cpwebCEN6472807. 

Many thanks,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    hi ty graham I dontated the money to guide dogs the extra 48 pound il update online receipt later. I would like to say a big thank u to all 2015 competitors who donated the money it will make a massive difference trust me I went down to lock round the centre a very humbling exp and do u no to train 1 guide cost throw if life cost 52k pounds shocked me. please get involved for 2016 sponsores competitors lets all ty and do a little bit for people/animals who need it.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2015 Charity Comp (SPONSOR PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS) DEADLINE FOR PAYMENTS 23RD JANUARY:
    hi ty graham I dontated the money to guide dogs the extra 48 pound il update online receipt later. I would like to say a big thank u to all 2015 competitors who donated the money it will make a massive difference trust me I went down to lock round the centre a very humbling exp and do u no to train 1 guide cost throw if life cost 52k pounds shocked me. please get involved for 2016 sponsores competitors lets all ty and do a little bit for people/animals who need it.
    Posted by rspca12

Very well said Chris, and thanks for all the support.

I'm glad we got some decent money for your charity.

All the best for 2016 mate!
  • edited January 2016
    Many thanks Pat for your £50 Sponsorship money, paid directly to Step Up.

Thank you so much for your support!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited January 2016
    £4,188 RAISED! Many thanks to all who have supported!

If you haven't been able to make your payment as yet, please pay it to the charities directly, as the bank account I created for the sponsor money, is no longer to be used.

Thanks again for making TLB2015 a great success for the charities concerned.

Congratulations to our TLB winner, Gareth Smith (MS Research), and also our "Tourn Wins" winner, Chris Cunliffe (Guide Dogs for the Blind)

Great stuff guys!

We would really appreciate your support again in 2016, so if you would like to make a pledge for this year, please do so on the thread below:

Thanks again for all the support!

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016
    Collections has now completed with £4,188 being raised! All the funds have been sent to the remaining competitors, for them to make the donations to their respective charities.

They will post receipts on this thread shortly.

Regarding the £826 raised for The Salvation Army, Gloucester House http://www.gloucesterhouse.org.uk/

My Mum and Dad are going to present this donation personally to them, on Tues 26th January.

This was a place that helped my brother Tim, so much, before he died, and it will mean a lot to my parents, to be able to do this.

I'm sure it will be quite emotional for them, but they will also feel very good about "helping"

So thanks again for all the support!

Cheers,

Graham.

P.S. I will post the Salvation Army receipt here, as soon as my Dad sends it to me.
  • edited January 2016
    Donation made :) hopefully itl get similar support this year!

Receipt below.
  • edited January 2016
    Please find receipt attached for £826.00 to The Salvation Army - Gloucester House.

I have just spoken to the woman who runs Gloucester House, and this donation is literally getting someone off the streets, who's life is in danger, right this minute.

Thanks again to everyone that made this possible.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited January 2016

Receipt of my payment.