You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Premiership Promo

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
Many thanks to Sky Poker for running the Premiership Promotion, while it was not perfect, it was still an enormous amount of money to put up in free bets and freerole tournaments.
I myself have been lucky enough to win two free bets and tonight £100 in the freerole I was in.
I would also like to congratulate one of the nicest people on the site and a fellow plopper ,Gerardirl, on his fantastic win in the Champions freerole tonight.
Congrats to all who cashed and thanks again Sky Poker
Nick

Comments

• edited October 2015

Ger won it?

Wonderful news. That'll but the baby plenty of new shoes.

Delighted for him, top bloke.
  • edited October 2015
    Sorry Tony, he did not win it, but pocketed a very nice sum of money, poorly worded by myself.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Premiership Promo:
    Sorry Tony, he did not win it, but pocketed a very nice sum of money, poorly worded by myself.
    Posted by pompeynic
    Ahh, gotcha.

Never mind, he cashed, so that's good.

Quite a spectacular night on Sky Poker last night, what with Freerolls & Punta Cana.
  • edited October 2015
    Hey guys thanks a mill! Its by far my biggest win on Sky, I won £450 finishing 11th , I think my previous biggest was £55 or so. Also thankfully my losing hand was a good one, AJ v QQ so no complaints.

Ive only ever had this big a buzz once before on a previous site.

Well done Nic on your excellent cash too!

Thanks to Alves once again for getting our team into the big one.

Thanks for all the support at the tables too! I felt like a celeb! lol

Most of all thanks Sky for the big prizes it paid out yesterday in the freerolls and punta cana!

Well done Suzy666 for finishing runner up....terrfic effort!

Ger
  • edited October 2015
    Hey guys thanks a mill! Its by far my biggest win on Sky, I won £450 finishing 11th , I think my previous biggest was £55 or so. Also thankfully my losing hand was a good one, AJ v QQ so no complaints. Ive only ever had this big a buzz once before on a previous site. Well done Nic on your excellent cash too! Thanks to Alves once again for getting our team into the big one. Thanks for all the support at the tables too! I felt like a celeb! lol Most of all thanks Sky for the big prizes it paid out yesterday in the freerolls and punta cana! Well done Suzy666 for finishing runner up....terrfic effort! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Lovely stuff Ger, well done.

We see & hear about all these ridiculous amounts of money won (& lost) in poker, but in the real world, £450 is a ton of money to many people, you & me included, & I know how much it means to you.

• edited October 2015
    Good morning all.
     Well played last night Gerard, it was a pleasure and honour to share a table with such a gentleman.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited October 2015
    Hey guys thanks a mill! Its by far my biggest win on Sky, I won £450 finishing 11th , I think my previous biggest was £55 or so. Also thankfully my losing hand was a good one, AJ v QQ so no complaints. Ive only ever had this big a buzz once before on a previous site. Well done Nic on your excellent cash too! Thanks to Alves once again for getting our team into the big one. Thanks for all the support at the tables too! I felt like a celeb! lol Most of all thanks Sky for the big prizes it paid out yesterday in the freerolls and punta cana! Well done Suzy666 for finishing runner up....terrfic effort! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Very well done Ger, just a pity that flip hadn't been against me or you would have cruised it ;-)))
  • edited October 2015
    Congrats Ger on your score. Yeh I thought this promo was really good, I managed to get 3 free bets out of this, plus the help of Jordz tips/info managed to get back into sportsbetting - although downside its such a distraction from the pokers :) - so now got a 1/2 decent sports roll now.
  • edited October 2015
    Congrats on the score :)

Great promo by sky.
  • edited October 2015
  • edited October 2015
    Haha yes probably would have Hendrik, infact with my aj I did actually hit an ace , however he hit a queen too, both came on the flop so that was easier to accept! As I progressed my hope was that I wasnt gonna be donked big time as those are harder to accept when there is a sizeable prize on the line.

Ger
  • edited October 2015
    Really pleased for you Gerard lend us a fiver.

Ger is one of the good guys of sky poker.

I still remember posting a thread about dyms when i was still learning the game. He posted on the thread and offered helping me. I thought why not no harm. He sent me a email with just a few tips about dyms and BOOM. I became a winning player around 6 months later. Later i also got advice from another great dym hes sometimes grumpy lol. So ger enjoy the cash the only problem is you might have to buy the wife somthing.

• edited October 2015
    Shame it took you 6 months to read the email.....mind you I probably did waffle.

Yes I remember that clearly I still smile when I see your chart. I do plan on turning my chart around on another site where I was a losing player many years back but Im finding it difficult to unlock my account for incorrect passwords....long story....perhaps some day.

Its players like you Stuart that I admire most.

Ger
  • edited October 2015
    VWP Ger.

I hope this doesn't mean you'll be moving up from the £3 plo8 dyms as you would be missed - always up for a friendly chat and up there with the toughest to beat.
  • edited October 2015
    Huge thanks to sky for firstly a fun system but secondly for great value in prize money, to have 50 paid out of 60 plus in the champions freeroll was amazing! Obviously having won it, £2000 is a lot of money and the majority has Been withdrawn to appease the missus as we are saving for our wedding next year. But to also win into the ukops high roller is just the icing on the cake! Thanks again and roll on ukops. Best to everyone, Dean (braycorp83) X
  • edited October 2015
    Nice binkage Dean (braycorp83) WP enjoy your spoils.
    GL in the ukops..and the wedding (need to win ukops to pay for wedding.. sigh)

Well done ger lad on your cash as stuarty say's 
    may have spend a bit on wifey and the new'ish baba 
    £20 quid should cover it (don't get to lavish...it's poker BR )

Regards  Alan (plo8 didn't cash champ )

• edited October 2015
    Nice binkage Dean (braycorp83) WP enjoy your spoils. GL in the ukops..and the wedding (need to win ukops to pay for wedding.. sigh)   Well done ger lad on your cash as stuarty say's  may have spend a bit on wifey and the new'ish baba  £20 quid should cover it (don't get to lavish...it's poker BR ) Regards  Alan (plo8 didn't cash champ )
    Posted by ajmilton
    Cheers Alan, and quite agreed that i need some luck in ukops to pay for it!!!
  • edited October 2015
    Nice binkage Dean (braycorp83) WP enjoy your spoils. GL in the ukops..and the wedding (need to win ukops to pay for wedding.. sigh)   Well done ger lad on your cash as stuarty say's  may have spend a bit on wifey and the new'ish baba  £20 quid should cover it (don't get to lavish...it's poker BR ) Regards  Alan (plo8 didn't cash champ )
    Posted by ajmilton
    Too funny