You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

EVERYTHING PLO8

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat

Good luck Tony. You are a fearsome competitor in the PLO8 DYM's, but one with great vision.

Often, when 4 handed, 2 big stacks & two very small stacks, we see the two biggies clash. It's ridiculous, they should be targeting the mini stacks. If I'm a big stack & in the SB, & the other big stack is in the BB, & I'm dealt good aces, I don't even make up the SB. No point. And I've noticed you are the same. 

You'll do well, 100% certain of that.  

I'll join you in the DYM's this evening, after the Arsenal game. Fingers crossed, we'll get a few £11 games going.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Hi guys,

I'm going to focus all my time on sky in playing everything PLO8 HEADS UP / DYM / MTT'S/ cash if ever a game runs.... with the exception of UKOPS AND THE HU CUP

Start date 28th sept

I will update the thread weekly to keep me focused
  • edited October 2015
    Thanks Tony......Means a lot to hear you say that with you being one of  the guys that learnt me to play holdem... all those years ago on channel 425 poker night live....

Not sure if  told you that when i started on William hills with a £20 deposit..I've never had to deposit a single penny again  with total profit of over £17k 

with the highlight being in may of this year taking down the HORSE  event in the micro millions for a little over $3k

for me playing poker as never been just  about making money ( nice when you do )   ... there has been times over the years when i've spat the dummy out a few times but its these things that make us stronger as a person
  • edited October 2015

Oh my, you were a PNL viewer? Takes me back, that.

Kara, Michelle, James, Nick, Matt, Axeman etc. 

I was with Wm Hill for a year or two, too, & they had a Poker Show, can't remember the channel now, but it was Dave Compton, Johnny Gould, Rhowena Colclough (Dave Colclough's wife at the time), Ed Giddens & me. I used to record the Wm Hill Show in the morning in Wapping, & the PNL show (which was live) in the evening, near Bank.

Went to Vegas in about 2005 with Wm Hill, one of our qualifiers finished 18th in the Main Event. Wm Hill put me in a $1,500 WSOP Event, my first ever, & I cashed, 31st of about 1,000, what a thrill. Wm Hill engaged Julian Thew & myself at the same time, what lovely memories.

Congrats on the HORSE win, very nice.   

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: EVERYTHING PLO8:
    Oh my, you were a PNL viewer? Takes me back, that. Kara, Michelle, James, Nick, Matt, Axeman etc.  I was with Wm Hill for a year or two, too, & they had a Poker Show, can't remember the channel now, but it was Dave Compton, Johnny Gould, Rhowena Colclough (Dave Colclough's wife at the time), Ed Giddens & me. I used to record the Wm Hill Show in the morning in Wapping, & the PNL show (which was live) in the evening, near Bank.   Went to Vegas in about 2005 with Wm Hill, one of our qualifiers finished 18th in the Main Event. Wm Hill put me in a $1,500 WSOP Event, my first ever, & I cashed, 31st of about 1,000, what a thrill. Wm Hill engaged Julian Thew & myself at the same time, what lovely memories.    Congrats on the HORSE win, very nice.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    watched the channel for over a year before playing a hand of real money poker

It's was Julian hand guide and the expert advise from PNL that helped me in early days and those $10 SNG.....phew they were tough

And didn't both kara and Michelle learn to play poker from the show
  • edited October 2015
    Right first weeks result are in

only played a total of 38 games

WEEK1

MTT......9 GAMES PLAYED AVG STAKE £4.22 AVG PROFIT £5.43 PROFIT OF £48.83 ROI OF 83.1%

SNG/ HU-SNG ......29 GAMES PLAYED AVG STAKE £4.55 AVG PROFIT £0.54 19.7% ROI

RUNNING TOTAL .......£64.59 PROFIT FOR THE WEEK with a overall ROI  34.7%

these figures were help with some great results in the MMT'S ive played this week ......lets hope it continues this week

also made £20 in the poker premiership when i ran my AK into AA
  • edited October 2015
    little observation of the week so far.........Its really incredible the starting hands some people call with pre flop WONT GIVE OUT NAMES

for me PLO8 is a game where the starting hand selection will make you a wining player or not ...........Fact 

Not only have I seen people call  but re-raised with hand I would,nt even call with other peoples money never mind my own
    hands like 8977     6689    8855  9977 Its a joy to see the guys hit with these hands....we may lose the hand or even the game but will reap the rewards ten fold in the future

THESE ARE THE SORT OF HAND THAT WILL EAT INTO YOUR BANKROLL and quickly make you go bust or worse ie start blaming the site for you bad luck telling all that the site is rigged ( ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE )

To win at DYM plo8 you only need the basic knowledge of starting hand selection and the sort of flop turn and rivers you should be betting for value or protection

One of the biggest betting tells in PLO8 a pot bet means the nuts 90% if not more

my take on the £11 DYM .........THE GAP IS TO BIG FROM THE £5 ONES SKY NEED TO ADD ONE AT £7-8 RANGE this should help with the migration into the bigger games without the big jump in stakes

Now that the nights are drawing in the players are returning in there numbers to the sky poker tables

off on holiday Saturday morning so i'll post the weeks results on Friday evening or saturday morning

Anyone who think I can help a little with there PLO8 GAME JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: EVERYTHING PLO8:
    little observation of the week so far.........Its really incredible the starting hands some people call with pre flop WONT GIVE OUT NAMES for me PLO8 is a game where the starting hand selection will make you a wining player or not ...........Fact  Not only have I seen people call  but re-raised with hand I would,nt even call with other peoples money never mind my own hands like 8977     6689    8855  9977 Its a joy to see the guys hit with these hands....we may lose the hand or even the game but will reap the rewards ten fold in the future THESE ARE THE SORT OF HAND THAT WILL EAT INTO YOUR BANKROLL and quickly make you go bust or worse ie start blaming the site for you bad luck telling all that the site is rigged ( ALWAYS LOVE THAT ONE ) To win at DYM plo8 you only need the basic knowledge of starting hand selection and the sort of flop turn and rivers you should be betting for value or protection One of the biggest betting tells in PLO8 a pot bet means the nuts 90% if not more my take on the £11 DYM .........THE GAP IS TO BIG FROM THE £5 ONES SKY NEED TO ADD ONE AT £7-8 RANGE this should help with the migration into the bigger games without the big jump in stakes Now that the nights are drawing in the players are returning in there numbers to the sky poker tables off on holiday Saturday morning so i'll post the weeks results on Friday evening or saturday morning Anyone who think I can help a little with there PLO8 GAME JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT
    Posted by bluffulot6

Gap between £5 to £11 ones too big?
    You do know Tikay plays both ! :-)

• edited October 2015
    True Mick .... But there are only around 10-15 players in the £10dym pool if these guys are not online then these don't run ... But if we had a £7-8 one the players from these would join the £10 player pool 
    1-2-3-5-10 see the difference big jump from 5-10