You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satelite promotion

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
I remember seeing a while back on 1 of the other big sites were they had a promotion with satelites.  Think this could be a good idea to get numbers up for the main.  How about having a satelite promo were the amount of satelites are increased and the person who wins the most satelites within a week wins a cash prize.  I think it would increase numbers for the mains. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this.

I believe they had the promotion on during 1 of there big series's.  This could work espcially well at this time with the ukops sats.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    We will be making some changes to the satellite structure after UKOPS - I did make a topic about it not so long ago.

Sit & Go satellites haven't really got going (mind you I'm still waiting for the filter to be added which will make them easier to find). 

As for having more of them as part of a promotion, it's something we could look at.

• edited October 2015
    Can you have SNG sats in the tournament section? This should make them easier to find for people.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Satelite promotion:
    Can you have SNG sats in the tournament section? This should make them easier to find for people.
    Posted by MattBates

+2

I think you could have duplicate entries it they could fall into 2 categries.

Like say , the regular freerolls. They are under the micro tab. Before i discovered they lived here i would scout around for them. 
    I think it would be good promotionally if freerolls showed up in higherstakes too because the prize is often a high prestige one.

Every time i look for them i wonder why they are not in tournie / low stakes/ medium/ high etc .

Also when looking for 8.05pm 2.30 bh tournie..i wonder why its not in the micro section..which is empty..im sure there are more examples.

Some borderline stakes could appear in 2 sections. Makes things easier to find.

*edit i drifted there.

• If a satelite leads to a tournie..it could duplicate itself in the tournie section where it ends up leading to and triplicate itself in the stake it belongs in in the tournie section.
    • Easier to stumble across duplicates.