You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority Freeroll - October???

edited October 2015 in Priority

Can I please check that I'm definately ok to play the Punta Cana freeroll this week.  I just don't seem to have received an email about priority club yet.

Also can I double check the date of the freeroll as I can't see it in the lobby?  The advert part says Tuesday 8th October - but Tuesday is the 6th?

Many thanks 

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Priority Freeroll - October???:
    Can I please check that I'm definately ok to play the Punta Cana freeroll this week.  I just don't seem to have received an email about priority club yet. Also can I double check the date of the freeroll as I can't see it in the lobby?  The advert part says Tuesday 8th October - but Tuesday is the 6th? Many thanks 
    Posted by IrishRose
    I am in the same position. However, pretty sure that it is the Thursday, rather than the Tuesday, as the advert later says Thurs 8th.
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Both,

I can confirm you are both in Priority.

The freeroll will take place on Thursday 8th - I'll get the site updated to reflect this.

You should be receiving an email today with full details! Keep an eye open!

Cheers,
    JP.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll - October???:
    In Response to Priority Freeroll - October??? : I am in the same position. However, pretty sure that it is the Thursday, rather than the Tuesday, as the advert later says Thurs 8th.
    Posted by Essexphil
    Thursday night is Tottenhams European night or failing that Eastenders. You sure you can make it ?

;).
  • edited October 2015
    The email sent to us said Tuesday 6th October.  Now due to a variety of reasons August was the first month I missed Priority for a few years, so I made sure to crack it in September.  I've cleared everything for tonight.  And now you're telling me it's moved to a date I cannot make or clear.  And I am seeing this on the day I was expecting it to take place.  And I do not see even the slightlest apology.  I am extraordinarily unhappy about this.  But you know, you've got your rake money so I guess it doesn't really matter does it. 
  • edited October 2015
    I must admit I also had it in my head that the freeroll was tonight - and arranged pick ups etc for my sons and got hubby to agree to delivery pizza for dinner tonight so I could sit uninterrupted for a change.  I just read the Tuesday at the time and didn't give much attention to the date - until I was searching for the freeroll in the lobby.  

I don't usually have a moan about things - but I find the site very slow at updating information.  I've known nothing about priority club and have been searching the forum this past few weeks for details of the freerolls etc.  However when I click on priority freerolls info it just brings up dates of the "upcoming" August live freeroll at DTD and the freerolls which are next due as being the Tuesday 11th and Tuesday 18th August!!  I hate to mention this but it's now October!

I had been all excited about finally gaining 10k points and making priority - as it seemed like a major acheivement at the time - but it's now the 6th October and I have been checking my inbox regularly for my exciting welcome email - which still hasn't arrived.   

Sorry for the moan - but at the moment it's almost like a great big anti climax.
  • edited October 2015
    I do apologise for this. It was my mistake, quite literally.

Once this was brought to my attention, I had a decision to make. I'll run you through my thought process below.

Two dates were advertised for this freeroll, both the 6th and the 8th, with the T&Cs stating Thursday 8th, the promo page stating Tuesday 8th, and the email stating Tuesday 6th.

I can't run the freeroll twice, for obvious reasons. (Budget doesn't stretch that far + we literally don't have enough packages). So I'm left with the two options below;

a) Change the terms and conditions to reflect the email content, and bring the date of the freeroll forward by 2 days.
    b) Stick to the terms and conditions, and run the freeroll on Thursday 8th.

After quite a bit of thought on the impact, I've decided to stick to the terms and conditions. The main reason for this is because players such as yourselves, may have made arrangements to play on either of the dates, and it's easier for people to make alternative arrangements for Thursday, than it is for people to make alternative arrangements for tonight.

I understand that this isn't the ideal outcome, and I do apologise for that. However, I've made the decision which I think will have the least impact.

If you would like to discuss this further, or any other matter, please contact me on the priority email address, which is priority@sky.com

• edited October 2015
    As an additional apology, we're running an extra £1,000 Priority Freeroll tonight at 8.30pm.

Keep an eye on your emails for details.
  • edited October 2015
    As an additional apology, we're running an extra £1,000 Priority Freeroll tonight at 8.30pm. Keep an eye on your emails for details.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    I still haven't had any email from Sky - and can't see the freeroll in the lobby for tonight?
  • edited October 2015
    Both on their way Rose.
  • edited October 2015
    Both on their way Rose.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Thanks JP - I'm grateful by the way for the work that you do xx
  • edited October 2015
    NP Rose apologies for the delay, and I appreciate your patience.

Very frustrating when things like the above happen.
  • edited October 2015
    Just to confirm, you should now have received an email, and you should be registered for tonight's freeroll.
  • edited October 2015
    Just to confirm, you should now have received an email, and you should be registered for tonight's freeroll.
    Posted by Sky_JP
    Thanks JP. i had assumed that it would be the Thursday-I cannot play the freeroll tonight, but it is a nice gesture.

Acegooner-Punta Cana is outside Europe, so you need not be an embarrassment if you qualify :) Thanks for the text, or i may have missed this.
  • edited October 2015
    As an additional apology, we're running an extra £1,000 Priority Freeroll tonight at 8.30pm. Keep an eye on your emails for details.
    Posted by Sky_JP

Is this  happening i cant find it in the lobby? 
    Thanks
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll - October??? : Is this  happening i cant find it in the lobby?  Thanks
    Posted by benc
    Hi benc.

Take off the "reg only" filter and you should see it. 

You're already registered BTW.

Cheers,
    Jp
  • edited October 2015
    Great found it, cheers.
  • edited October 2015
    I do apologise for this. It was my mistake, quite literally. Once this was brought to my attention, I had a decision to make. I'll run you through my thought process below. Two dates were advertised for this freeroll, both the 6th and the 8th, with the T&Cs stating Thursday 8th, the promo page stating Tuesday 8th, and the email stating Tuesday 6th. I can't run the freeroll twice, for obvious reasons. (Budget doesn't stretch that far + we literally don't have enough packages). So I'm left with the two options below; a) Change the terms and conditions to reflect the email content, and bring the date of the freeroll forward by 2 days. b) Stick to the terms and conditions, and run the freeroll on Thursday 8th. After quite a bit of thought on the impact, I've decided to stick to the terms and conditions. The main reason for this is because players such as yourselves, may have made arrangements to play on either of the dates, and it's easier for people to make alternative arrangements for Thursday, than it is for people to make alternative arrangements for tonight. I understand that this isn't the ideal outcome, and I do apologise for that. However, I've made the decision which I think will have the least impact. If you would like to discuss this further, or any other matter, please contact me on the priority email address, which is priority@sky.com
    Posted by Sky_JP

Thanks for the explanation JP.  I will guess that as I slipped out of Prio for September, I ended up only getting the email from the 1st Sept (Tues 6th date one) and missed Thurs 6th and Thurs 8th etc stuff as I was understandably off of the mailing lists.

No worries, these things happen.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Priority Freeroll - October??? : Thanks for the explanation JP.  I will guess that as I slipped out of Prio for September, I ended up only getting the email from the 1st Sept (Tues 6th date one) and missed Thurs 6th and Thurs 8th etc stuff as I was understandably off of the mailing lists. No worries, these things happen.
    Posted by TommyD
    Appreciate the understanding Tommy.

Really hope you manage to play on Thursday.