You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker's Final Table Jackpot

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Like others have said I play the mini because of the jackpot bonus except for Wednesday and Sunday where I would still play the mini. 

The good thing about the current jackpot is anyone in theory can win which links in with the lure of MTTs as in a one off type situation anyone can win. The trouble with leagues etc is it links in to the long term nature of MTTs which is where only certain players will win over time and we would end up doing a promo where only say 10-20 players could win which alienates loads of players. Having a purely random prize wont do much to increase players volume. So based on that I know what boxes the promo should tick but havent got a clue what promo would work like that. 
  • edited October 2015
    Like a few have already said the only reason I play the mini's is because of the final table jackpot. That being said I'm sure there could be some kind of other promotion which is more inclusive to recreational players, although I have no idea what that could be.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker's Final Table Jackpot:
    Like others have said I play the mini because of the jackpot bonus except for Wednesday and Sunday where I would still play the mini.  The good thing about the current jackpot is anyone in theory can win which links in with the lure of MTTs as in a one off type situation anyone can win. The trouble with leagues etc is it links in to the long term nature of MTTs which is where only certain players will win over time and we would end up doing a promo where only say 10-20 players could win which alienates loads of players. Having a purely random prize wont do much to increase players volume. So based on that I know what boxes the promo should tick but havent got a clue what promo would work like that. 
    Posted by MattBates
    How many non-reg's have won something on the jackpot? My guess is none! Anyone can get to FT of one tournament but 2 in the same night and you have to be a good poker player. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker's Final Table Jackpot : How many non-reg's have won something on the jackpot? My guess is none! Anyone can get to FT of one tournament but 2 in the same night and you have to be a good poker player. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

A lot of good regs in there but also a few unknown, to me anyway.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker's Final Table Jackpot : How many non-reg's have won something on the jackpot? My guess is none! Anyone can get to FT of one tournament but 2 in the same night and you have to be a good poker player. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/final-table-jackpot?dcmp=p_pr_jpot

Plenty of players who play recreationally in that list
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    It isn't about who wins it, its about players feeling like they have a chance of getting it.