You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can Someone explain this as i cant work it out...

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat

Help... i Played a £5.50 dym cashed for £10 but was only paid £6.80, complained to sky, this was their response...
Further to your conversation with *****  I have been asked to E-Mail you a response from our Poker Team.

The £6.80 that that is shown was the profit from the Double Your Money in terms of your balance. You did indeed win £10 from this but, a £2.30 tournament token and £3.20 from your balance was used therefore, £6.80 is the £10 winnings minus the £3.20.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Their response is absolutely correct.
  • edited October 2015
    I cant work it out, i was thinking it should be £7.20 but where the £6.80 comes from baffles me
  • edited October 2015
    It cost you £3.20 to enter the tournament. ( £5.50 - the free £2.30 token)

You got a return of £10

£10 - £3.20 = £6.80 added to your balance.
  • edited October 2015
    Should it not be £10 - £2.30 (token) = £7.70
  • edited October 2015
    It's just cash accounting for purposes of showing the movement in your cash balance in the account.

So:  Winnings paid out = £10
           Less cash paid to enter = £3.20 (£5.50 entry fee less the non-cash £2.30 token)
     Equals: Increase in cash in your account: £6.80
  • edited October 2015

It would of been easier to work out if you lost. Try harder next time.

....and move this thin brag to the correct section please ;)
  • edited October 2015
    If you lose a £5.50 DYM - it shows up in your account history as -£5.50 (5.50 lost)
    If you win a £5.50 DYM - it shows up in your account as +£4.50 (4.50 profit)

Because a token was used - if you had lost the account history would have been -£3.20 (2.30 less lost)
    Because a token was used - and you won - the account history shows +£6.80 (2.30 more won)

All seems correct to me.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Can Someone explain this as i cant work it out...:
    Help... i Played a £5.50 dym cashed for £10 but was only paid £6.80, complained to sky, this was their response... Further to your conversation with *****  I have been asked to E-Mail you a response from our Poker Team. The £6.80 that that is shown was the profit from the Double Your Money in terms of your balance. You did indeed win £10 from this but, a £2.30 tournament token and £3.20 from your balance was used therefore, £6.80 is the £10 winnings minus the £3.20. I hope this helps clear things up.
    Posted by Largearce

say your balance is 100 and 2.30 for your free token.

You enter a 5.50 .

Whilst your  playing

your balance is (100-3.20)=96.8   and your free token is gone 0.00

If you win 10, you should end up with 106.80.

If ive worked  it out correct it looks right , but seems wrong , hope that helps :)

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Can Someone explain this as i cant work it out...:
    It would of been easier to work out if you lost. Try harder next time. ....and move this thin brag to the correct section please ;)
    never thought of that next time i will aim to lose your right it would be much easier to work it out as, it seems wrong but maybe right...