You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Football Treble Weekend 17th-18th October.

edited October 2015 in Betting Chat
I like watching and betting on football but do not seem to come out a winner. That maybe because I go for about 13 teams lol. I have decided to simply change to trebles which will hopefully see me start to turn a profit. This weekend brings club football back into action. Can you tell me what would be the best treble to start with this weekend in your opinion. 

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• edited October 2015
    The professional gamblers bet in singles. The serious fun gamblers bet in doubles & trebles. The mug gamblers bet in big accumulators.

If you are betting to win then trebles makes more sense that big accumulators. If you are happy to lose but enjoy the thrill of a possible big win, go with accumulators.
  • edited October 2015
    Happy to lose whatever but I fancy a big bet this weekend so just want to see peoples views on what to pick 
    myself I was thinking.

Arsenal
    Man City 
    Celtic

£100
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Football Treble Weekend 17th-18th October.:
    Happy to lose whatever but I fancy a big bet this weekend so just want to see peoples views on what to pick  myself I was thinking. Arsenal Man City  Celtic £100
    Posted by play2win02
    Think it depends on what you are looking to win & what level of risk you are prepared to take.

The bet you have suggested indicates that you are looking for a lower risk bet going for three big odds on teams. Every bet has its risks. For example, Motherwell have a new manager so may well play above themselves against Celtic. Watford have only lost one of their four home matches this season and have only conceded one goal so it will be tough for Arsenal. Man City have Aguero out and results & goals drop when he doesn't play. That doesn't mean that your selections won't happen but there is always an element of risk.

You are looking at odds of about 13/8 for a treble. Personally if I was looking for a 13/8 bet then I would prefer to have it on a single bet rather than have the risk of something going wrong (red card, refereeing error) three times.

For example, you could get Norwich to win at Newcastle at 2/1, Brighton to win at Leeds at 8/5, Bury to beat Rochdale at 6/4 & Peterboro to win at Port Vale at 9/4. Each of these matches is a clear "odds against" bet but I would contend that there is less that can go wrong backing a single on one of these (or others that you fancy) than in backing three heavy odds on teams.

I tend to use accumulators just for fun or to keep my accounts open by giving the impression of being a mug punter after a series of wins. At the end of the day, it is about opinions and over the last five years there is a fair bit of evidence that shows backing the PL's big four in accumulators will show a profit although this season that hasn't been the case.
  • edited October 2015
    i like placing small acumilatir bets for the weekends footy some come in mor often than not a good market to try is both teams to score rather than wins everyone hates draws!!! iv got a couple here my weekensds pics first up - dagenham leyton orient plymouth all home wins 8.75-1 treble £10 gets £96 return this next is both teams to score tott v lipool crystal p v west ham southampton v leicster fleetwood v burton 8-1 four fold £10 gets 85 return  man u southampton west brom win treble £10 gets £79 i 
  • edited October 2015
    city  arsenal chelsea  celtic look the bet so yeah gd treble i think
  • edited October 2015
    chelsea are soo unpredictable at the muinite who wold of bet on southampton 3-1 at chelsea