You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I fold or is this just too nitty? Open to suggestions..

edited November 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Ok guys....  £20 dym which is towards the top of my entry range.  Table seems pretty loose.  Now I don't doubt I slow played too much but even on the turn I wasn't too concerned.  However should I have called the river.....  I did cash so guess it was a good fold but please suggest how I should have played it better:

Many thanks

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Hi, Dan

I cant read the HH,

if you can repost a bigger / better resolution shot with the stack sizes of the players that folded you may get some responses.

cheers
  • edited November 2015
    That's your problem teddy
    You like to be focused
    But clearly this is in need of some fuzzy logic

• edited November 2015
    That's your problem teddy
    You like to be focused
    But clearly this is in need of some fuzzy logic

• edited November 2015
    I reckon its a good fold.

We could easily put oppo on A10, AJ here.

The flop looks good for him so comes along for the ride to see if he can hit his straight. We are still ahead when he hits his ace on the turn so happy days, but once the other ace comes down on the river we are dead in the water.

Should have made him pay for it with a much bigger bet on the flop imo, let him in too easily.
  • edited November 2015
    Definitely should be raising flop - our hand (TP2) is definitely good enough to get it in with and we want to be getting as much value as possible. Turn is pretty horrible. AQ/AK now go ahead and JT gets there too and villain pot bets it. I don't think it's too nitty in a DYM to just fold right there since villain doesn't look like slowing down and would we be happy calling a huge bet on a blank river?