You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sticks & Stones

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat
Got called a a f#ckin donk fish in a game tonight.
Did it bother me ?
Not in the slightest, had the best hand pre & post flop.
First time I've experienced it on the plo8 tables but I'm guessing I won't see this player again.
Have a good weekend all
Don't let the b#stards grind u down :-)
May your account page be all black!

Comments

• edited October 2015
    So dislike seeing posts like this, there is no need for profanity what so ever on any table! If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. I enjoy a laugh and a joke and banter but some people don't seem to have good manners when they lose!

Glad your ok Vespa, run golden and run deep.
  • edited October 2015
    I've noticed no filter on the chat at tables this week? I've had "filthy b!tch" and "fu.cking this" and that. (With no . or spelling changes)
    Doesn't bother me but it's not nice to see!
    Has someone accidentally turned the filter off? This was at spin up tables.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones:
    I've noticed no filter on the chat at tables this week? I've had "filthy b!tch" and "fu.cking this" and that. (With no . or spelling changes) Doesn't bother me but it's not nice to see! Has someone accidentally turned the filter off? This was at spin up tables.
    Posted by mrsduck
    wow

and you're not even playing!
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones : wow and you're not even playing!
    Posted by GELDY
    ikr! ;)
    Laptop is working intermittently which means I'm playing poker intermittently :)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Sticks & Stones:
    Got called a a f#ckin donk fish in a game tonight. Did it bother me ? Not in the slightest, had the best hand pre & post flop. First time I've experienced it on the plo8 tables but I'm guessing I won't see this player again. Have a good weekend all Don't let the b#stards grind u down :-) May your account page be all black!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Bellowed out in a belting Brian Blessed esque fashion obvs ; )
  • edited October 2015

thought i would try it out so i played omaha,  haven't played for ages.  got abused by a long standing sky player.  twice.  not really motivated to play much more omaha.

• edited October 2015
    thought i would try it out so i played omaha,  haven't played for ages.  got abused by a long standing sky player.  twice.  not really motivated to play much more omaha.  
    Posted by aussie09

Sorry to hear that Rob, but if you want to play some omaha, may i suggest you try the PLO8 tables, I can assure you you will be made more than welcome. 
  • edited October 2015
    I've seen two wangkers today too! Am I the only one seeing all the swear words? Lol
  • edited October 2015
    The worse abuse i seem to attract is "I never realised you were so bad"
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones : Sorry to hear that Rob, but if you want to play some omaha, may i suggest you try the PLO8 tables, I can assure you you will be made more than welcome. 
    Posted by 67Bhoys

I would like to second this, in fact Bhoys is the perfect host he keeps donating chips to everyone ;-)))
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones : Sorry to hear that Rob, but if you want to play some omaha, may i suggest you try the PLO8 tables, I can assure you you will be made more than welcome. 
    Posted by 67Bhoys

thanks for the encouragement, craig.  i take it that omaha players are completely different to plo8 players.  i reckon plo8 players are more welcoming and appreciate newbies donating their money.

• edited October 2015
    Gonna have to start playing Plo8 again. it's good fun. Rose's first jaunt into Plo8 was hilarious.
  • edited October 2015

the best example of a welcoming player is tommyd.  at an spt in cardiff a few years ago, the evening before the main event, i stood by the cash table and watched tommyd.  he chatted, complimented, commiserated and shared his opponent's dismay as he kept taking their chips.  and they stayed and played for quite a long time.  how smart is tom?

• edited October 2015
    or just a genuinely nice bloke.

• edited October 2015

oh yes, he is certainly a nice bloke.  a long time real and virtual friend too.  it is no surprise that he does so well.  i reckon that tommy does not have any road-rage incidents either.  however, there are those who bring road-rage onto the poker table and mindlessly take it out on those with "L" plates. 

• edited October 2015
    oh yes, he is certainly a nice bloke.  a long time real and virtual friend too.  it is no surprise that he does so well.  i reckon that tommy does not have any road-rage incidents either.  however, there are those who bring road-rage onto the poker table and mindlessly take it out on those with "L" plates.   
    Posted by aussie09
    I admit to having morning road rage, but I am always polite on the tables. TommyD is awesome, so laid back and puts things across so eloquently. Even when he's got a point to put across he doesn't really seem to get riled.
  • edited October 2015
    I am so sorry for calling you that Vespy ;) 

Serious tho, filter has been off weeks... not that I ever swear :)
  • edited October 2015
    I am so sorry for calling you that Vespy ;)  Serious tho, filter has been off weeks... not that I ever swear :)
    Posted by samantha25
    You haven't plo8 for ages
    Are up scared? X
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones : You haven't plo8 for ages Are up scared? X
    Posted by VespaPX
    Haha, scared - no, rubbish - yes ;) 
    Will pop along this week and donateth.

You should come play the November cash games, you would clean up there with our lot Thurs eves ;)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Sticks & Stones:
    Got called a a f#ckin donk fish in a game tonight
    Posted by VespaPX

TK does forget himself sometimes.
  • edited October 2015

^^^^

Groan.

GO AWAY. Again. And stay away this time. Do I make myself clear?
  • edited October 2015
    I play plo8 dym's on a regular basis and have never read any profanity in the chat box. maybe some in jest (guilty) but never nasty and never hand related. 90% of hold em players could learn a lot from 10% of plo8 players. the biggest fish have the biggest mouths.
  • edited October 2015
    ^^^^ Groan. GO AWAY. Again. And stay away this time. Do I make myself clear?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I can't.  We're back for the Winter now.
    Going on holiday this Friday to look at some Elephants in India, then we're back for a good three months. Just think, all those lovely Christmas recipes I'll be able to share in the chat-box!
  • edited October 2015
    I play plo8 dym's on a regular basis and have never read any profanity in the chat box. maybe some in jest (guilty) but never nasty and never hand related. 90% of hold em players could learn a lot from 10% of plo8 players. the biggest fish have the biggest mouths.
    Posted by robertod

Very true.
    I suspect it's like that because we understand any old bag of rubbish can scoopio and that unlike NLHE, we understand that nothing is a huge favourite pre-flop. Given that, we live with what the poker gods give us.
    Also, we know that swearing is so ******* childish.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Sticks & Stones : Very true. I suspect it's like that because we understand any old bag of rubbish can scoopio and that unlike NLHE, we understand that nothing is a huge favourite pre-flop. Given that, we live with what the poker gods give us. Also, we know that swearing is so ******* childish.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Woooopeeeee
    Return of the Mac xxx

• edited October 2015
    soz for hijack... cash game now?