You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

speed of play

I have only played free hands so far.  The pace is too fast, I am still looking at what has been done by previous players  and trying to see how much it takes to go when the green band is whizzing round and I only really have time to call or fold as selecting an amount takes time.  Is it slower when you play for money?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to speed of play:
    I have only played free hands so far.  The pace is too fast, I am still looking at what has been done by previous players  and trying to see how much it takes to go when the green band is whizzing round and I only really have time to call or fold as selecting an amount takes time.  Is it slower when you play for money?
    Posted by quaternion

Hi Quaternion,

The timer is the same as far as I know, are you reading the chatbox to see what went before or observing the table as things happen?

f you can handle this C0,2(R) ≅ C03,0(R), i take my hat off to ya ;)
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to speed of play:
    Posted by quaternion
    Hi Quater,

It's much the same speed, whether "play money" or real money.

You'll seen get used to it though - persevere with the free play tables for now, & in a week or two, you'll be well used to it.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: speed of play:
    In Response to speed of play : Hi Quater, It's much the same speed, whether "play money" or real money. You'll seen get used to it though - persevere with the free play tables for now, & in a week or two, you'll be well used to it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the replies.  I will take the advice, but I can never see myself playing for money at that speed.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: speed of play : Thanks for the replies.  I will take the advice, but I can never see myself playing for money at that speed.
    Posted by quaternion
    Persevere a little longer Mr Quater.

You may be surprised to know that a lot of players complain that it is too slow, & a lot of players play 4, 6, 8, or 10 or more tables at the same time.

It just takes a little getting used to.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: speed of play : Thanks for the replies.  I will take the advice, but I can never see myself playing for money at that speed.
    Posted by quaternion

It is hard at first, stick with the free tables, thinking about what happened before and you'll improve as a player, the more you get used to making decisions that already made before , you'll reach a level where you'll find yourself with time on your hands between decisions.

I find I can comfortably play, say 3 tables , and take notes on things that i think are noteworthy. and watch a bit of TV and make a cup of tea. Admittedly, i lose a lot of money:)