You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Late Night Poker - Life & Death

edited October 2015 in Poker Chat

Another little blog for your perusal. It's all a bit sad today I'm afraid.

http://bit.ly/1KqfAIK

Comments

• edited October 2015
    "Well I’m 1,000 words in, & the attention Deficit Syndrome will be kicking in again for both readers, so I’d better stop for now, & continue another day."

Feeling a bit confident today Tikay?
  • edited October 2015
    A fantastic series that I remember well. Probably one of my main introductions to Hold'em, over more traditional forms of Poker.

I used to love watching Marina deal too :)
  • edited October 2015
    Nice read - more about Aces Poker please! 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker - Life & Death:
    "Well I’m 1,000 words in, & the attention Deficit Syndrome will be kicking in again for both readers , so I’d better stop for now, & continue another day." Feeling a bit confident today Tikay?
    Posted by Sky_JP
    ;)

I don't exactly suffer from over-confidence, JP.

It's something that intrigues me actually, as I have no idea how many people read these things. They are done for a reason, of course, & there is evidence that they are doing what they are designed to do, but the actual numbers are unknown to me.

Sadly, I am unable to upload photographs to the Blog - photos add DO much to a blog - but there's nothing I can do about that, there seems to be a software block to photographs. I used to be able to, but something under the bonnet must have changed.  

• edited October 2015
    A fantastic series that I remember well. Probably one of my main introductions to Hold'em, over more traditional forms of Poker. I used to love watching Marina deal too :)
    Posted by Liftman
    Marina is lovely. She is VERY small - positively tiny - MattBates would look tall alongside her.

Thomas is very authoritative when working, but at home, & in their personal life, Marina is very much the boss, no two ways about it. It's quite cute to see little Marina bossing Big TK about.  

• edited October 2015
    Nice read - more about Aces Poker please! 
    Posted by percival09
    Ha, you'll have to read between the lines, or go googling. I have to be a little careful with what I write, & I'm not sure Sky Poker would like me to be more explicit than I already am in these tales.

When I retire, or get eased out of the door here, I'll be able to write about these matters with a little more transparently. There ain't half some stories to be told, but some will have to stay untold forever.

Anyway, I'll continue with the "Late Night Poker" tale on Monday.

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker - Life & Death : ;) I don't exactly suffer from over-confidence, JP. It's something that intrigues me actually, as I have no idea how many people read these things. They are done for a reason, of course, & there is evidence that they are doing what they are designed to do, but the actual numbers are unknown to me.   Sadly, I am unable to upload photographs to the Blog - photos add DO much to a blog - but there's nothing I can do about that, there seems to be a software block to photographs. I used to be able to, but something under the bonnet must have changed.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Seriously? Surely someone is looking after which bits of the website are looked at how often and producing reports? If not they should be and I am sure if you ask someone will be able to find out for you.

I read them all fwiw - love the characters and tales from that era especially as a LNP holdem convert. 
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Late Night Poker - Life & Death : Seriously? Surely someone is looking after which bits of the website are looked at how often and producing reports? If not they should be and I am sure if you ask someone will be able to find out for you. I read them all fwiw - love the characters and tales from that era especially as a LNP holdem convert. 
    Posted by Phantom66
    They reduce reports measuring all these things by the gigabyte, & daily, they measure EVEYTHING up there, believe me, but I'm not party to that sort of stuff, it's the other side of a Chinese wall.

I could ask, but it's not really my place to be nosy, I just try to keep a low profile, & do whatever they ask me.

I can tell you those blogs are written with SEO in mind, & I have been told that there has been some increase in Sky Poker's rankings & visits recently, but I don't think it's possible to prove any connection yet awhile.

If I keep writing them, then soon enough, they'll know if they are working.

I can only measure some views, from my own "bitly" link, which usually registers 400 to 500 clicks per article. I use that here, on another Forum, & my Twitter feed.

The main body of clicks come from Sky Poker's own URL shortener, & I don't get to see those numbers, but they Tweet it from Sky Poker & SkyBet, so that gives it exposure to 280,000 "Followers".

• edited October 2015
    I loved late night poker, the names your are writing about brings back floods of good memories. Keep it up Tikay
  • edited October 2015
    I caught the poker bug a little too late to have watched LNP originally (but I still enjoy reading the stories). A lot of the names mentioned also appeared on the shows that were around when my interest did start, shows like Poker Million.
    Great blog, Tikay. Thanks.
  • edited October 2015
    Nice read as always TK 
  • edited October 2015
    a very good read tikay i loved late night poker
  • edited October 2015
    Good evening Sir Tikay.
    Excellent read as always.
    All the best.
    Rainman397