You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The river money card

Blatant brag but I loved the river card here

phil12uk Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £141.35
Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £103.02
  Your hole cards

rodneys1 Fold     
numnuts Fold     
gerrard9 Call  £1.00 £2.50 £110.20
phil12uk Call  £0.50 £3.00 £140.85
Raise  £3.00 £6.00 £100.02
gerrard9 Call  £3.00 £9.00 £107.20
phil12uk Call  £3.00 £12.00 £137.85
Flop

phil12uk Bet  £6.00 £18.00 £131.85
Call  £6.00 £24.00 £94.02
gerrard9 Call  £6.00 £30.00 £101.20
Turn

phil12uk Bet  £12.00 £42.00 £119.85
Call  £12.00 £54.00 £82.02
gerrard9 Fold     
River

phil12uk All-in  £119.85 £173.85 £0.00
All-in  £82.02 £255.87 £0.00
phil12uk Unmatched bet  £37.83 £218.04 £37.83
phil12uk Show

Show
  • A

phil12uk Win Full House, 2s and 8s £216.24  £254.07

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Nice pot..

But instead of just making a brag thread in the strategy section try and say a bit about the hand if possible as the less skilled players (myself included) would like to hear your insight on it.

Like what are you doing if you get rr on the flop?

Im prob making a mountain out of a molehill here but im more interested in your thinking than yey a big pot!

Anyways like i said Nice pot, wp.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: The river money card:
    Nice pot.. But instead of just making a brag thread in the strategy section try and say a bit about the hand if possible as the less skilled players (myself included) would like to hear your insight on it. Like what are you doing if you get rr on the flop? Im prob making a mountain out of a molehill here but im more interested in your thinking than yey a big pot! Anyways like i said Nice pot, wp.
    Posted by Norbit
    Absolutely........here goes.

Pre flop - standard call to see if hit a set and if not escape with no further damage.  Extra info - PF raiser had been doing that a fair bit in the time I had been at the table.

Flop - obviously the set is made but the board is very scary. If a bit more 'wet' I would check to induce the c bet but I'm in first position and don't want to give people free cards to catch up. I want to build the pot whilst also see where I am.  I therefore bet half the pot. By not getting reraised there, I'm either up against a flopped flush (100+/1 odds), a higher set (although that may actually have reraised if the case or a drawing hand with 4 to the flush and a high club. If Im reraised at this stage, I can re -evaluate.

Turn - although I'm am now monsterous with the full house, a check is not gonna build the pot. I therefore bet £12 as that gives great odds for a drawing player to stay in for the river flush.

River - the club is the 'bingo, bango, bongo' card and if my read is correct, my opponent has just made what they believe is 'their card'.  The overbet shove in this situation serves 2 purposes.  (1) Its gonna be very hard for someone whos been staying in hoping for the 4th club to arrive now fold and (2) It looks desperate.

This massive overbet only needs to be paid every so often to make it much more profitable than a value bet.

I feel that by betting out on all 3 streets, it helped turn the very bad position I had into the maximum value.

Does this help? 
  • edited January 2010
    Yes Phil it does!

Thank you for taking time to put a detailed reply, after reading my first comment i kinda sound bit rude which i didnt mean at all.

As ive had cases like this but im not the best pot building so i dont get quite the same outcome from it as you would.

Anyway thanks for the reply n good luck in TP.

• edited January 2010
    nice hand.  i love those situations where you think ur oppo is drawing to the 2nd best hand and then hits.

Off topic a bit here but I was always led to believe that open limping in any position was bad, let alone on btn.  I have seen a couple hh where gerrard9 has o/l, and he is obv not a bad player.