You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

River sizing of raise (Live MTT) Early stages.

edited October 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Two stacks you need to know (only want opinions on river)

Me - 40k
SB - 26k (ish) No reads on him, he moved to our table. Played about 8 hands, 2nd hand ive seen him play.

Blinds are 100-200
On the button with 910 suited, 4 limpers in front. I call, sb completes bb check.

Flop 9h,10h,7c  pot (1400)

Checks round to me, i bet 1100, SB calls rest fold.
Pot (3600)

Turn 9c. He checks, i bet 1600. I keep it kind of small to keep draws in, i think anything that calls flop will call turn also with that bet. Dont want to check let him miss and miss value if on a draw. Anyone else do this different?

He calls. 

Pot 6800.

River Jh. Now he leads out for 5k. Obiously his draw has hit, but how big of a draw. Just a straight or flush? How much would you raise here? I raise to 13k. I know if he calls he maybe calls a shove with a flush, but if just a strraight a shove will probably scare it off. What would you raise here? Did i miss value by not shipping over the top?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I'd bet more OTT. Anyway, definitely raise river to a bigger amount. There's 18k left behind after he bets 5k which is just over 3.5x so we can just jam river here. Generally players don't like to fold after hitting their draw.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: River sizing of raise (Live MTT) Early stages.:
    I'd bet more OTT. Anyway, definitely raise river to a bigger amount. There's 18k left behind after he bets 5k which is just over 3.5x so we can just jam river here. Generally players don't like to fold after hitting their draw.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Why bet more OTT? Not saying its not right, you're more experienced so probably is right. I mean whats the reasoning? I just thought, checking is a NO NO. Betting to much i think he might give up his straight draw, not 100% as no reads. I just thought betting less let him priced in to hit while getting value. Thanks for your reply
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: River sizing of raise (Live MTT) Early stages.:
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Why bet more OTT? Not saying its not right, you're more experienced so probably is right. I mean whats the reasoning? I just thought, checking is a NO NO. Betting to much i think he might give up his straight draw, not 100% as no reads. I just thought betting less let him priced in to hit while getting value. Thanks for your reply