You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How the newbie got on

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Spent the whole day yesterday on 30pence dym ,s here's my thoughts and results  
Played 47    won 29     lost 16   had 2 money back must have cancelled 
All in all happy with my day in profit got some good pointers thanks darkangel 
Seen how different people play from all in every hand to sitting out till the end 
Things I was happy with
1 playing strong hands strongly
2 spotting aggro players 
3 showing a profit 
4 trying not to be intimidated
5 cracking aces 
6 keeping it fun
Things I must do better
1 learn what a strong hand is turns out  t 7 suited is not so strong got it through though 
2 ignore aggro players must be there upbringing 
3 show even more profit 
4 learn not to get married to bottom or middle pair 
5 stop calling people with aces 
6 learn to play and use chat box at the same time 
7 go to bed at a reasonable time (just one more game )
All in all great day ranks up there with my bronze swimming badge 3/4 length of the pool 

Cheers everyone great fun

Comments

• edited October 2015

Ha, great stuff Mr Cheez.

Right up there with a bronze swimming badge?

That's nothing. I have a Cycling Proficiency Test certificate.

Beat that.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to How the newbie got on:
    Spent the whole day yesterday on 30pence dym ,s here's my thoughts and results   Played 47    won 29     lost 16   had 2 money back must have cancelled  All in all happy with my day in profit got some good pointers thanks darkangel  Seen how different people play from all in every hand to sitting out till the end  Things I was happy with 1 playing strong hands strongly 2 spotting aggro players  3 showing a profit  4 trying not to be intimidated 5 cracking aces  6 keeping it fun Things I must do better 1 learn what a strong hand is turns out  t 7 suited is not so strong got it through though  2 ignore aggro players must be there upbringing  3 show even more profit  4 learn not to get married to bottom or middle pair  5 stop calling people with aces  6 learn to play and use chat box at the same time  7 go to bed at a reasonable time (just one more game ) All in all great day ranks up there with my bronze swimming badge 3/4 length of the pool  Cheers everyone great fun
    Posted by weecheez1
    Was great to play on the same table as you yesterday. Don't worry about no 6. It comes with time, sometimes it could put you off your game. But I just chat in chat box anyway and have fun. Yes set a limit on time going to bed as burn out will soon be around the corner. You will find out your strenghts and weaknesses as you go along.

You can also make notes on players and how they play what cards they play regularly etc, click on their name and a box appears, you can type in that. Also give colours to the players too. Good luck and I must remember you've not learned how to bluff yet! ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Cheers darkangel definitely  no bluffs ever ever unless it's a missclick
  • edited October 2015
    Hi Mr Cheez, Welcome to the forum, good to see you are enjoying yourself at present, long may that continue. 
    I see you have received lots of advice which is standing you in good stead, it's good here isn't it :)
    I play tournaments mainly so no use me giving advice, I never bluff either.
    I have a very brave sticker from the doctor ( Mmr vaccination 1969) scoops the pot :)
  • edited October 2015
    One week on 
    Managed entry I to last night's bounty hunter for 1.60 nearly dropped my tablet when I saw the seat was 3 3 pound and my bounty was three times my daily limit managed to sneak a bounty profit job done I managed about 100th can't wait till tomorrow to use my free tokens cheers sky 
    Aims two bounty and 99 or better (a boy can dream ) 
    Ps what's a donkey fish ha ha ha
  • edited October 2015

^^^^

Well done, keep it going. Great game poker, eh?
  • edited October 2015
    Love this thread, pretty sure this is exactly what poker is all about.

well played mr cheez
  • edited October 2015
    Well played cheez ignore the comments play your own game. It's only because they don't know how to play you ;) 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: How the newbie got on:
    Well played cheez ignore the comments play your own game. It's only because they don't know how to play you ;) 
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Again thanks for all the encouragement it's been a great week it's one of those games very easy to learn very hard to master that's why it's AA or nothing he he he but seriously I enjoy the mental tussles has he got it ? Do I have it??? (Always) is he tilting (job done ) don't get caught with your fingers in the cookie jar and always show a little dignity  and lastly am I the only person with butterfly's he he 
    Run good everybody 
  • edited November 2015
    Good night last night managed my first final table woo hoo finished 5th in the 250 pound bounty hunter managed 17th in the deepstack before that so it's safe to say I was running good I think I left a lot of people lactose intolerant he he 
    My question however was from my last one of the night the 100 pound bounty hunter I registered and started then the sleep bug hit me so I started playing badly realising this I decided to try and get it done ASAP and started playing really loose it payed off and I collected 4 bounty in a tournament like this is 6 4 off really that far behind and should I have just shut the tablet down and laddered up I was sitting 1st of 17 at one time