You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

moaners!

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Hi folks,
Sorry this is a moan about moaners who moan when they get beat!
Why do people moan when they get beat by a better hand?
I mean, come on it's just a game!
Yeah ok if it's a bad beat, then ok you've got a good reason.
If it's just a beat say nh or wp and carry on.
No ones making you to make the call!!!
We all get beat, thats the name of the game.
Had a guy last night, I won a pot and he moaned.
Ok I caught my card on the rivier and I bet the pot, he went all in and I called and  won the pot.
Now if he had won, I bet he wouldn't of moaned about that?!
Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I couldn't agree more, moaners make me moan more than the moaniest moaner on National Moaning Day!

Get over youselves, it happens to us all!!

• edited January 2010
    Hmmm, sorry, but we are human beings, gamblers  always moan when they arnt winning, as for bad beats...this is  the right place...SkyPoker ....

www.badbeat.com

Or www.rivercardwillstuffyou.com

Or www.chipleaderwins.com

Or www.donkswillsuckout.com

Im a moaner, not because i lose, but the time spent playing a sit and go or a tourny....only to get fizzed out just before the cash, because i had the cheek to raise with QQ....nad of course there is always some muppet with K4 of suit flopps out KKK...thats what gets me ...happens all to often ....watch the tourney on the tv ....i would never show the ridiculous suck outs nation wide ...bad for bussiness...Rember ...no such thing as TRUE electronic RNG....

• edited January 2010
    Hmmm, sorry, but we are human beings, gamblers  always moan when they arnt winning, as for bad beats...this is  the right place...SkyPoker ....

www.badbeat.com

Or www.rivercardwillstuffyou.com

Or www.chipleaderwins.com

Or www.donkswillsuckout.com

Im a moaner, not because i lose, but the time spent playing a sit and go or a tourny....only to get fizzed out just before the cash, because i had the cheek to raise with QQ....nad of course there is always some muppet with K4 of suit flopps out KKK...thats what gets me ...happens all to often ....watch the tourney on the tv ....i would never show the ridiculous suck outs nation wide ...bad for bussiness...Rember ...no such thing as TRUE electronic RNG....

• edited January 2010
    It’s all about perspective and attitude; and that’s what makes us as a species, so fascinating.

Some people see a doughnut; others choose to see the hole in the middle. Some are upset to find thorns on the stems of their roses; others are pleased that their thorns have roses attached. 

You could argue that there’s no such thing as ‘bad weather’, just inappropriate clothing.

I have no idea what I'm banging on about. 

Anyway, I’m in the middle of the £7k double stack and am busy celebrating all of my mistakes, so I really must go now.
  • edited January 2010
    A moaners perspective........ (yes i've been known to let off steam at times lol.)

Usually when i have a rant .....well actually virtually always, it's because i've played well and done everything in my power to succeed in the hand but by the sheer awful play of my opponent they come out on top.  If i can understand my opponents play/move then all's well.... such as being c-raised allin with FD and overs when i have top set and them rivering the flush.... It's not bad play it's just unlucky and part of poker.  Getting allin with AA v opponents KK and the river being a K is extremely frustrating but it's not bad play on their part, just unlucky.

The moans happen when for instance someone calls an overbet turn shove with naked flushdraw and hits..... or calls pot bets to river with gutshot and undercards to the board and hits river, or calls pot bets on a draw heavy board with bottom pair and rivers trips etc.  A lot of it is to do with hyand reading skills and the total lack of them on our opponents part.... we are wondering how to extract max value as there is not a chance our opponent would be stupid enough to call a 4x raise preflop with 74o out of position and then check-call all the way to the river on a 63KQ board....... The river is the 5 and our flopped set of kings is the nuts right?  OMFGWTHBBQ he has 74!!!!!  omgomgomg..... how dumb was that play.... etc etc etc lol.  We just lost 100bb's and that donk thinks he played the hand great!  FML!!!!  :)

Yes yes..... i know....... it's great these people are playing like this because they will lose it all sooner rather than later..... make a note and move on.....  Well that's all completely correct and very easy to say.... but in the heat of the moment, when this may be the 3rd time such a thing has happened in the evening, it's all too easy to ask in chat just WHAT The &*^& our opponent was thinking?.....

I never stoop to terrible insults but at times i can be rather Hellmuthesque in my chat when things are going badly.  Maybe some people are prone to outbursts more than others and some people wouldn't even recognize they've just been the victim of horrendous play....

People should take chat outbursts with a pinch of salt and just let them get on with it.  Maybe look at your play if someone starts shouting and see how what you did might have caused the outburst.... recognize how what you did was such bad play, then improve your game to stop the same thing happening in the future.
    Ranting can only be bad for the rantors blood pressure and only good for our opponents game (by telling them how badly they're playing.)  I must apologize to any rantees in the past and make myself a promise to try and keep quiet when some donk takes my stack through bad play.
    I'm really waffling now so i'll be quiet.  :)

Oh btw....... strawman...... how about posting the hand history?  ;)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: moaners!:
    It’s all about perspective and attitude; and that’s what makes us as a species, so fascinating. Some people see a doughnut; others choose to see the hole in the middle. Some are upset to find thorns on the stems of their roses; others are pleased that their thorns have roses attached.  You could argue that there’s no such thing as ‘bad weather’, just inappropriate clothing. I have no idea what I'm banging on about.  Anyway, I’m in the middle of the £7k double stack and am busy celebrating all of my mistakes, so I really must go now.
    Posted by FlutNush
    hehe, fantastic. If you play as good as you waffle you'll be cashing all day long.

Good Luck
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: moaners! : hehe, fantastic. If you play as good as you waffle you'll be cashing all day long. Good Luck
    Posted by Ms_Chips
    Oh, he does. he Waffles for Waffle-Ville, Premiership Waffler him, even Waffled for England. Plays tidy, too.
  • edited January 2010

Moan? It's what poker players do! No idea why.

Someone described them on here recently in a most apposite way - "whinge buckets".

Human psyche I suppose, but all very peculiar.
  • edited January 2010
    we are english its our god given right to moan!
  • edited January 2010
    It’s all about perspective and attitude; and that’s what makes us as a species, so fascinating. Some people see a doughnut; others choose to see the hole in the middle. Some are upset to find thorns on the stems of their roses; others are pleased that their thorns have roses attached.  You could argue that there’s no such thing as ‘bad weather’, just inappropriate clothing. I have no idea what I'm banging on about.  Anyway, I’m in the middle of the £7k double stack and am busy celebrating all of my mistakes, so I really must go now.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Sorry, I found this very funny!!!
  • edited January 2010
    A moaners perspective........ (yes i've been known to let off steam at times lol.) Usually when i have a rant .....well actually virtually always, it's because i've played well and done everything in my power to succeed in the hand but by the sheer awful play of my opponent they come out on top.  If i can understand my opponents play/move then all's well.... such as being c-raised allin with FD and overs when i have top set and them rivering the flush.... It's not bad play it's just unlucky and part of poker.  Getting allin with AA v opponents KK and the river being a K is extremely frustrating but it's not bad play on their part, just unlucky. The moans happen when for instance someone calls an overbet turn shove with naked flushdraw and hits..... or calls pot bets to river with gutshot and undercards to the board and hits river, or calls pot bets on a draw heavy board with bottom pair and rivers trips etc.  A lot of it is to do with hyand reading skills and the total lack of them on our opponents part.... we are wondering how to extract max value as there is not a chance our opponent would be stupid enough to call a 4x raise preflop with 74o out of position and then check-call all the way to the river on a 63KQ board....... The river is the 5 and our flopped set of kings is the nuts right?  OMFGWTHBBQ he has 74!!!!!  omgomgomg..... how dumb was that play.... etc etc etc lol.  We just lost 100bb's and that donk thinks he played the hand great!  FML!!!!  :) Yes yes..... i know....... it's great these people are playing like this because they will lose it all sooner rather than later..... make a note and move on.....  Well that's all completely correct and very easy to say.... but in the heat of the moment, when this may be the 3rd time such a thing has happened in the evening, it's all too easy to ask in chat just WHAT The &*^& our opponent was thinking?..... I never stoop to terrible insults but at times i can be rather Hellmuthesque in my chat when things are going badly.  Maybe some people are prone to outbursts more than others and some people wouldn't even recognize they've just been the victim of horrendous play.... People should take chat outbursts with a pinch of salt and just let them get on with it.  Maybe look at your play if someone starts shouting and see how what you did might have caused the outburst.... recognize how what you did was such bad play, then improve your game to stop the same thing happening in the future. Ranting can only be bad for the rantors blood pressure and only good for our opponents game (by telling them how badly they're playing.)  I must apologize to any rantees in the past and make myself a promise to try and keep quiet when some donk takes my stack through bad play. I'm really waffling now so i'll be quiet.  :) Oh btw....... strawman...... how about posting the hand history?  ;)
    Posted by cottlad
    Sorry, I got bored in the middle of reading it!
  • edited January 2010
    Someone described them on here recently in a most apposite way - "whinge buckets".
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay, Very much obliged :)

It's a very appropriate term!
  • edited January 2010
    we are english its our god given right to moan!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I'm Welsh mate, we moan better than you lot!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Moaning is good - oh for poker! not so good!

I have a theory - poker on occasion attracts those that lack the character to master 100% skill based games, and expect quick wins/results on the poker tables. When they lose what they perceive as +50% situations, they can not take it.

My advice - puff out your chest and take it like a man (woman!)

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    moaners, whingers, and whiners i can put up with ( have 2 girls under the age of 6 and a wife) its the" your mum" this , "your sister" that and "i hope you die of cancer" is the bit that i cant stand. playing in £1000 last night and a guy lost 75% of his stack, the abuse he gave out was disgusting. i  told him what he was saying to the other guy was out of order, to which i was told to "f..k off a die"skin like a rhino me, so had a little fun with him (nothing nasty), he tilted and went ouit in 3 mins flat. but the "cancer" thing is out of order, with the amount of cancer sufferers out there and people who have family members with it, these sort of comments could hurt a lot of people. so back to the post; give me moaners and groaners all day long
  • edited January 2010
    moaners, whingers, and whiners i can put up with ( have 2 girls under the age of 6 and a wife) its the" your mum" this , "your sister" that and "i hope you die of cancer" is the bit that i cant stand. playing in £1000 last night and a guy lost 75% of his stack, the abuse he gave out was disgusting. i  told him what he was saying to the other guy was out of order, to which i was told to "f..k off a die"skin like a rhino me, so had a little fun with him (nothing nasty), he tilted and went ouit in 3 mins flat. but the "cancer" thing is out of order, with the amount of cancer sufferers out there and people who have family members with it, these sort of comments could hurt a lot of people. so  back to the post; give me moaners and groaners all day long
    Posted by pod1
    Couldn't agree with you more! My dad died of cancer, not that matters with this, but don't say things like that.
    And I'm alkso disabled, so in my book theres no need for that.
  • edited January 2010
    Moan? It's what poker players do! No idea why. Someone described them on here recently in a most apposite way - "whinge buckets". Human psyche I suppose, but all very peculiar.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Playing poker online...is peculiar...but then playing online on sky poker is even more peculiar!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to moaners!:
    Hi folks, Sorry this is a moan about moaners who moan when they get beat! Why do people moan when they get beat by a better hand? I mean, come on it's just a game! Yeah ok if it's a bad beat, then ok you've got a good reason. If it's just a beat say nh or wp and carry on. No ones making you to make the call!!! We all get beat, thats the name of the game. Had a guy last night, I won a pot and he moaned. Ok I caught my card on the rivier and I bet the pot, he went all in and I called and  won the pot. Now if he had won, I bet he wouldn't of moaned about that?! Thanks for reading this.
    Posted by strawman24
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: moaners! : Couldn't agree with you more! My dad died of cancer, not that matters with this, but don't say things like that. And I'm alkso disabled, so in my book theres no need for that.
    Posted by strawman24
    I don't know why I put about me being disabled.
    It had nothing to do what we were talking about!!!
    So i'm sorry about that.