You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

goodbye pol8 dyms

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
at a nlhe table of whatever format you can expect the usual vitriol spat at you from bad players. " fish" "donk" "idiot", we've all been there. plo8 dyms are usually different, jokes taken in stride, light hearted (or indeed loose) comments taken in the spirit in which they are meant and so on. recently that's all changed, to the degree that any attempt to lighten the mood after a hard week at work falls on stony ground. " don't encourage him", "ignore him" "he deserves it" " go play holdem" and numerous other hilarious comments makes one wonder why one bothers. fantastic abuse directed my way is far more enjoyable than a bunch of morose troglodytes  with no sense of humour, looking to the heavens and sighing. I always thought that 90% of hold'em players could learn a lot from 10% of plo8 players. when it comes to having the crack, I realise that I was very, very wrong. the average age of a pol8 player is dead. hopefully it shall remain that way. don't ever complain that people prefer to look at 2 cards instead of 4.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Sounds like a win/win for you and the ploppers.

PS For the avoidance of doubt - that was some attempted humour by a dead person.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: goodbye pol8 dyms:
    Sounds like a win/win for you and the ploppers. PS For the avoidance of doubt - that was some attempted humour by a dead person.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I don't need someone to point out an unfunny rebuke lacking in irony or content but nice try...
  • edited October 2015
    Just trying to show you that even us dead folk who like plo8 can have a sense of humour and a bit of banter.

If you would rather just have a row and insult people apparently facebook is the place for that.

gn gl
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: goodbye pol8 dyms : I don't need someone to point out an unfunny rebuke lacking in irony or content but nice try...
    Posted by robertod

kind of ironic second post after the original starting post lol

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: goodbye pol8 dyms : I don't need someone to point out an unfunny rebuke lacking in irony or content but nice try...
    Posted by robertod
    BIT LIKE YOU ASKING PEOPLE IF THEY HAVE DIED YET..SUPRISED YOUR STILL ALIVE..ARE YOU NOT DEAD YET LOTS MORE BUT THINK THAT WILL DO

But thats just a bit of banter is it not? would really like too know what worse has been said too you?

and before u say what i have called you no need most already know they come in pairs and babys feed from it :"P 

bye please call again next time pull the udder one.
  • edited October 2015
    one mans meat is another mans poison, or words to that effect.....

what we find funny or entertaining isn't always so for others, even more so in written format where we miss inflection and visual cues.

knowing when to keep schtum is a learned art. :-)
  • edited October 2015
    one mans meat is another mans poison, or words to that effect..... what we find funny or entertaining isn't always so for others, even more so in written format where we miss inflection and visual cues. knowing when to keep schtum is a learned art. :-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    i'm keeping schtum
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: goodbye pol8 dyms : i'm keeping schtum
    Posted by GELDY
    I'm on my phone! Lol 
  • edited November 2015
    Never had any issue with the PLO8 crew. They all seem like a really nice bunch but then again my sense of humour is questionable and I am certainly getting close to death.
  • edited November 2015
    i love plo8 - but i must admit i keep my chat switched off now - it is an option and helps the concentration
  • edited November 2015
    Never had any issue with the PLO8 crew. They all seem like a really nice bunch but then again my sense of humour is questionable and I am certainly getting close to death.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Ice Shurrup your gonna be fine!!  Makes me wonder what exactly was said for the OP to actually post this. There is as always 2 sides to every story and we are only getting one side. Vitriolic strong word. I've never had any problems with the ploppers always had fun. Sticks and stones and all that stuff at the end of the day they are just words. I do not like out right offensive chat though. Fish, donk etc laugh it off. Personal offensive chat with bad language nah.