You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Day One - how was it for you?

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat

How did it go then? Exciting hands, outdraws, fun tables, cashes? (For any software related issues please use another thread).

Comments

• edited November 2015

I only played one event, the £22 PLO. Unfortunately it just missed its guarantee. Only by a few runners, but it says much about the popularity of Omaha. Ah well, never mind.

Doubled up early with set and flush draw v Aces and flush draw, a typical PLO coup.

Then, wonderfully, I found myself sat between two special mates, aka Lord Grumpy Jac, and Neil "JAKALLY" Giblin.

Mr Giblin, a certified fish, got the lot in pre against my aces v his rather lovely 9-10-J-Q. I liked my chances until the 3-7-8 flop, which gave me 9,372 outs to dodge. Twice. I was drawing dead on the turn. God bless Giblin. 

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day One - how was it for you?:
    I only played one event, the £22 PLO. Unfortunately it just missed its guarantee. Only by a few runners, but it says much about the popularity of Omaha. Ah well, never mind. Doubled up early with set and flush draw v Aces and flush draw, a typical PLO coup. Then, wonderfully, I found myself sat between two special mates, aka Lord Grumpy Jac, and Neil "JAKALLY" Giblin. Mr Giblin, a certified fish, got the lot in pre against my aces v his rather lovely 9-10-J-Q. I liked my chances until the 3-7-8 flop, which gave me 9,372 outs to dodge. Twice. I was drawing dead on the turn. God bless Giblin. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    That it isnt as popular as people think?
  • edited November 2015
    Well done ajmilton cashing in this great to see champ and mr grumpy
  • edited November 2015
    Played the £11 Super didn't do well + £22 turbo 6th. Hand I wasn't sure of was my last one. Folded to me 2nd hand in on the final table I was shortest stack with QJs on the button. 8bbs isit a standard shove or should I have waited for better with no antes maybe laddered up. Big jump up top so was going for win.. Matt what you think?
  • edited November 2015
    Played the £11 Super didn't do well + £22 turbo 6th. Hand I wasn't sure of was my last one. Folded to me 2nd hand in on the final table I was shortest stack with QJs on the button. 8bbs isit a standard shove or should I have waited for better with no antes maybe laddered up. Big jump up top so was going for win.. Matt what you think?
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Incredibly standard shove on 8bb
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Shove is correct here, if there were shorter stacks then ICM might dictate its a fold but I am shoving and kind of happy about it. Often we win the blinds, often we get called and are in ok shape. 
  • edited November 2015
    Well done ajmilton cashing in this great to see champ and mr grumpy
    Posted by stuarty117
    Thanks Stu, 
    Got in via a £1.20 all in first attempt (played another 2 no joy)
    Finished in 10th for £65  a much needed boost to the champs BR

I was sitting in third place just before the money bubble,
    and as usual my discipline let me down and decided to go to war 
    and i was left with the short stack, just managed to avoid the bubble.

my exit hand was pretty standard 
    I was down to 2 bigs went allin with pk kings hit a set on the river 
    but was already dead to a flopped flush to splashies.
    Congrats to EON another plopper who finished 8th

Regards Alan (plo8 bring on Thursday champ)

• edited November 2015

Played the £3.30 buy in £1000 bh and dislocated my shoulder when my pair of spades spiked a 5 on the river......

On a brighter note, the severe lag in the £11 bh was the main reason for my mini cash...lol grrr
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks groggy and Matt. I knew at time
    It was standard and if I had doubled up wouldn't of thought anything of the hand. Just cause I lost it I doubted whether I could of waited and found a better spot and laddered as nobody was super deep.

Also congrats groggy on your results yesterday. 
  • edited November 2015
    Only played 2 ukops mtt's last nite the 25k super bh finnished in 160th crashed out when my AK could not hold AIPF against A7 was for a top 5 stack with 160 odd left (need to work on my flipping skillz)
    I also played the £22 turbo and been going alog nicely,midd stages i was in and around the top 10 until i lost a standard flip (again) 55 v Mr James rann's A7 was then on the back foot.
    final nail in the coffin shoved A6hh from midd pos and the button has aces out 4 from the money...
  • edited November 2015
    cashed in the £3 bh finished 11th won a all-in sat for the 4k turbo bh which i was really happy with,it was great to play a £55 tourny with the big boys which rarely happens for me finished 25th i think but still happy to just be playing it
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to UKOPS Day One - how was it for you?:
    How did it go then? Exciting hands, outdraws, fun tables, cashes? (For any software related issues please use another thread).
    Posted by Tikay10
    Qualified for the UKOPS £20k BH via the free rolls on Saturday evening. Managed to snare a few bounties and eventually finished 64th. Was a great turn out and thoroughly enjoyed the tournament
  • edited November 2015
    Had a blast.  Played the super bh, the 7pm bh and the mini.  Played ok in the 7pm and the mini and like an Orford in the super bh.  Went from being top 5 stack on the bubble in the min to 2nd to last in chips after a few standard spots then went from 2nd bottom to 2nd in 2 hands :).  I decided to get it in with this hand as I needed a double up to make the next prize money jump, and got it in fairly bad....
    belafonte Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 34471.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

Starks1 Call   1600.00 4000.00 38652.62
    NooGooood All-in   13408.62 17408.62 0.00
    cenachav All-in   12262.45 29671.07 0.00
    Wilton Fold        
    HACKERPDIZ Fold        
    belafonte Fold        
    Starks1 Call   11808.62 41479.69 26844.00
    Starks1 Show
    • A
    • A

NooGooood Show
    • A
    • J

cenachav Show
    • K
    • J

Flop

• K

Turn

River

cenachav Win Flush to the King 39187.35   39187.35
    Starks1 Win Pair of Aces 2292.34   29136.34 

Next hand I got another double up
    belafonte Small blind   800.00 800.00 33671.00
    Starks1 Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 27536.34
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

cenachav Raise   3200.00 5600.00 35987.35
    Wilton Fold        
    HACKERPDIZ Fold        
    belafonte Fold        
    Starks1 Call   1600.00 7200.00 25936.34
    Flop

• J

Starks1 All-in   25936.34 33136.34 0.00
    cenachav All-in   35987.35 69123.69 0.00
    cenachav Unmatched bet   10051.01 59072.68 10051.01
    Starks1 Show

cenachav Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

• Q

cenachav Win Flush to the King 59072.68 

Ended up busting in about 24th after getting it in with AQ v chip leaders A10.  10 on the flop and thats all she wrote.  Can't complain :)
  • edited November 2015
    I only played one event, the £22 PLO. Unfortunately it just missed its guarantee. Only by a few runners, but it says much about the popularity of Omaha. Ah well, never mind. Doubled up early with set and flush draw v Aces and flush draw, a typical PLO coup. Then, wonderfully, I found myself sat between two special mates, aka Lord Grumpy Jac, and Neil "JAKALLY" Giblin. Mr Giblin, a certified fish, got the lot in pre against my aces v his rather lovely 9-10-J-Q. I liked my chances until the 3-7-8 flop, which gave me 9,372 outs to dodge. Twice. I was drawing dead on the turn. God bless Giblin. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Think you will find its actualy 9,373.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to UKOPS Day One - how was it for you? : Qualified for the UKOPS £20k BH via the free rolls on Saturday evening. Managed to snare a few bounties and eventually finished 64th. Was a great turn out and thoroughly enjoyed the tournament
    Posted by gingerlama
    Well done gingerlama, good to hear you enjoyed it.
  • edited November 2015
    Day one was amazing for me. Had been really looking forward to UKOPS. I played a couple of sats for the main and managed to bust pretty near the bubble when my middle set lost to runner runner flush. Anyways I decided to "flick in" the £110 and went on to luckbox my way to a near £6000 win and a bracelet !!!