You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO Freerolls

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Morning All,

Hope you are enjoying the variety of tournaments that have run in the first couple of days in the festival. This variety is set to continue for the rest of the festival.

Tomorrow is the £5K PLO main event and this evening we have 2 freerolls where you can win your seats into this event. Both the 7pm UKOPS Freeroll and the 7.30pm Rewards Freeroll will award seats into this event and so for that reason both are PLO tournaments. Hope you enjoy the switch and good luck with 4 cards instead of 2. 

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Why has the 7.30 Freeroll changed to this also. I have no idea how to play this PLO so
    cant play in either even though I have met the criteria. 
    I appreciate that different games should be made available but why change all the freerolls
    to this game.
    will all the freerolls 20 points ones and the ones we won from last weeks rewards now be PLO please
    I hope not lol.

Nannypat66

• edited November 2015
    This change is by no means permanent and tomorrow they will once again by NLHE. They are PLO tonight because of the events that they are feeding into.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO Freerolls:
    This change is by no means permanent and tomorrow they will once again by NLHE. They are PLO tonight because of the events that they are feeding into.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

And the plo players have been very happy with the getting some freerolls cheers sam.
  • edited November 2015
    Loving it Sky, also great for holdem players as they have a free shot at learning a new game.
    I like most, played plo for the first time not knowing the rules, I googled the rules and went from there, now I much prefer this 4 card game version over holdem. Who knows maybe some others will be the same.

Im not sure why someone says they cannot play them because they dont know the rules because from my experience in the holdem freerolls its clear many dont know the rules but yet still play them. My all in was called by a 4,6 the other day for example!

Ger

PS Hi Stu ;)

Oh and just to add, all my points are gained from playing plo8, so I couldargue that I cannot use my points playing holdem cause Ive no idea how to play it! 
  • edited November 2015
    I absolutely understand why Freerolls should reflect all games played.
    Its just I wanted to be sure there were games I could play.
    As you say It is maybe a good opportunity to learn a new game so maybe I
    will look into PLO.  Im assuming that rules etc are online so Ill be busy
    looking them up.

Thank you for your reply Sam
    Nannypat66
  • edited November 2015
    Its not near as complicated as it might first appear.

Your dealt 4 cards and 5 community cards.

You must use 2 of your cards, no more no less and 3 from the comm cards.

Hand ranks are same sas holdem.

Good luck!

Ger
  • edited November 2015
    I had a bash, 

Had starting Q10JJ, flop 9910, guy open shoves...

In Holden it's a call so I call and...... Shows me A9xx turn Q, river Q

Unlucky guy then takes to chat box and........ Says nh :) 

Next hand I have 8833 (no idea if good.

Flop 983. Turn k and gets all in vs massive chip leader.  I have set and pretty happy on way to chip lead

Shows me 99 set for gg.

Good fun for free, not sure I could play for money, I had two sets and lost - but can't ever get angry, I just enjoyed hitting a few hands :) 
  • edited November 2015
    Yes, its important to remember that winning hands are gonna be stronger than holdem winning hands, which makes sense considering everyone has four cards i guess.

Glad you enjoyed it, it could be worse they could have a plo8 freeroll!! lol
  • edited November 2015
    Played both the PLO freerolls and thought it made a nice change. Didn't cash in any of them, but was good fun. Interesting the Rewards Freeroll blinds were 10 minutes, not sure if this was a mistake or not.

Would be good if 1 out of the 5 Rewards freerolls every week was PLO.

Like Ger said, not as complicated as you would think, certainly a lot easier than PLO8.
  • edited November 2015
    Played both the PLO freerolls and thought it made a nice change. Didn't cash in any of them, but was good fun. Interesting the Rewards Freeroll blinds were 10 minutes, not sure if this was a mistake or not. Would be good if 1 out of the 5 Rewards freerolls every week was PLO. Like Ger said, not as complicated as you would think, certainly a lot easier than PLO8.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    would be nice to see at least one PLO8 as a freeroll though
  • edited November 2015
    free roll no limit hi lo bounty hunters turbos please.

• edited November 2015
    thanks for these omaha freerolls.

could you plan to create a low stakes bounty hunter PLO in the near future and to help encourage people and get them to understand it better just convert 1 of the weekly freerolls into a PLO.
  • edited November 2015
    thanks for these omaha freerolls. could you plan to create a low stakes bounty hunter PLO in the near future and to help encourage people and get them to understand it better just convert 1 of the weekly freerolls into a PLO.
    Posted by craigcu12

+1
  • edited November 2015
    free roll no limit hi lo bounty hunters turbos please.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Ideas like this are why everyone loves Jimi. Plus one from me.

Away from freerolls, it's good to see the posts about low stakes PLO (or PLO8) bounty hunter games keep dripping in.  Surely we can swap one of the existing PLO MTTs for this format and see if it tempts people in.

Bounty Hunters are Sky's forte, make the most of that :)
  • edited November 2015
    Really enjoyed the PLO Rewards FR (didn't have enough qualifying points to play the UKOPS FR).

I'll get the thin brag out of the way first I cashed for £10.

Great to see a PLO FR with a good structure and great prizes up top. In this particular case it made perfect sense as the added prize was entry into a PLO event. IMO that should always be the case.

Not sure if the 10 min blinds were planned or accidental, but it did mean there was plenty of play.

It would be nice to see these featured more often and definitely a must repeat where the added prize is PLO related.
  • edited November 2015
    Really enjoyed the PLO Rewards FR (didn't have enough qualifying points to play the UKOPS FR). I'll get the thin brag out of the way first I cashed for £10. Great to see a PLO FR with a good structure and great prizes up top. In this particular case it made perfect sense as the added prize was entry into a PLO event. IMO that should always be the case. Not sure if the 10 min blinds were planned or accidental, but it did mean there was plenty of play. It would be nice to see these featured more often and definitely a must repeat where the added prize is PLO related.
    Posted by Phantom66

Sweet, as its a freeroll it doesn't come under BRM meaning the £11 hi lo tourney on Thursdays will actually be a £1 tourney, well within your strict BRM guidelines :-)))))
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: PLO Freerolls : Sweet, as its a freeroll it doesn't come under BRM meaning the £11 hi lo tourney on Thursdays will actually be a £1 tourney, well within your strict BRM guidelines :-)))))
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Aha - thanks for getting me off the hook for my own rules!

I had actually committed to depositing the £11 as a one off - as PLO8 UKOPS - well it just has to be played.
  • edited November 2015
    The 10 mins blinds were key to making it enjoyable for me, the previous day was a shove fest as blinds rose too fast and it was all complete luck.

Ger
  • edited November 2015
    The 10 mins blinds were key to making it enjoyable for me, the previous day was a shove fest as blinds rose too fast and it was all complete luck. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Totally agree Ger, it would also be nice if the daily plo freeroll had an increase in blind levels, it has no playability and is pure Bingo.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for putting on the PLO freeroll.
    Had a great time and finished 12th for a tenner.
    Bit disappointed didn't make the top 10 for a seat.
    AAQ10 - suited Ace utg - was thinking of folding it but was 12th and short so went with it and lost -:(