You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help settle this dispute....

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
I was in a pot with this guy (a reg player), I had middle set and 3 bet shoved, he tanked til 3/4 of the timebar had ran out before calling with top set "nuts" i asked why he slowrolled me and he said he didnt... I then asked why he took so long to call then, and he said he was half way through typing in the chatbox to tell me his original bet-size was a misclick.. My opinion was that is still slowrolling, if you know you are definitely calling then other things can wait, but anyway i let it go and said fair enough.... 3 hands later a guy shoves on him and he again slowrolls, this point to the very last second before calling with the nuts and before i even had time to ask why, he typed " do not accuse me of slowrolling i was about to type something in the chatbox"
At that point i just turned off chat before i ended up saying something i should have, I get that people can use their time as they wish, and i understand it takes some people longer than others to act, but when you are taking 3-5 seconds on every action except when you have the nuts then I just dont think its on. I dont play much live but im sure if this kind of thing went down live then something would be done about it..

I dont like to post moany stuff but its got to be one of the most annoying things to see, even watching another guy get slowrolled in what i think was only a £5 game is just brutal to witness, i know sky cant really do anything about it and i doubt i would even get away with posting the guys name but im sure new players to the site would be really but off my seeing lack of sportsmanship like that...

Comments

• edited November 2015

It's annoying, but there's not much anyone can do about it. They'd likely not dare do it "live", as they'd get a slap round the chops.  

We have a guy who does it all the time in the PLO8 DYM's. When we bet into him & the timer runs down, he ALWAYS has the absolutes. Thoroughly horrible piece of work.

I just amuse myself by imagining what dreadfully sad people they must be in real life, if that's how they get their pleasure, enjoying the displeasure of others. Ugh.

• edited November 2015
    Yeah it is not acceptable - I could only understand this in omaha when you can still be a dog with the nuts on the flop
  • edited November 2015
    Program in a much faster timer when the nuts is reached ?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute....:
    Program in a much faster timer when the nuts is reached ?
    Posted by mumsie
    Yeh because that wouldn't be a tell during a hand...

• edited November 2015
    im not really up on poker things as ie slow rolling in online poker 
    but i assume if it was live poker this is a bad thing too do reading betwwen the lines of posts so far  so my qs  would  be

1] what can sky do  for this online   if its  not accepted in real poker why shud it be online ?

2] but then again  we have a time bar for a reason ? ie too give people time too act on there  hand ?

3] now  for like wht was posted the guy said  he was posting  in the  chat  box ?   or maybe  when things like this go on   the other player  might be on multiple tables or doing other things  on there computer 

so id  think in online  it is very difficult too determin the  out come of a slow roll   

so id like too hear from more  seasoned player than my self
  • edited November 2015
    im not really up on poker things as ie slow rolling in online poker  but i assume if it was live poker this is a bad thing too do reading betwwen the lines of posts so far  so my qs  would  be 1] what can sky do  for this online   if its  not accepted in real poker why shud it be online ? 2] but then again  we have a time bar for a reason ? ie too give people time too act on there  hand ? 3] now  for like wht was posted the guy said  he was posting  in the  chat  box ?   or maybe  when things like this go on   the other player  might be on multiple tables or doing other things  on there computer  so id  think in online  it is very difficult too determin the  out come of a slow roll    so id like too hear from more  seasoned player than my self
    Posted by vegasman
    1) It is not directly against the rules it is bad etiquette, If you do this live you would be subjected to a lot of ill feeling aimed at you from most people present. It is easy to be brave behind a keyboard.

2) The time bar is to allow you time to assess what to do in a difficult situation, it is hardly difficult to call an all- in with the nuts.

3) This is the problem online, you cannot actually know the real reason for the delay and therefore I prefer to assume innocence 

What I do like to think though is if they ar doing it on purpose then the unreliability of the Internet means that sometimes their nut hands get folded because of timeout ��
  • edited November 2015
    Im not saying something should be done about it, but it would be nice to be able to report blatant bad etiquette, then if the same people get reported x amount of times then maybe some sort of punishment... although if it was down to me then personally id just like to see the person outed for it, Im sure if that was allowed then people would soon stop doing it. 
  • edited November 2015
    Im not saying something should be done about it, but it would be nice to be able to report blatant bad etiquette, then if the same people get reported x amount of times then maybe some sort of punishment... although if it was down to me then personally id just like to see the person outed for it, Im sure if that was allowed then people would soon stop doing it. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Much as I sympathise, I'm not sure a player can be reported for "bad etiquette", & that's all it is - bad etiquette. I don't think anything will stop these horrible, mean, nasty sorts from behaving as they do. We just have to grin & bear it, & reflect what sad peeps they must be in real life. 

By a spooky piece of timing, I played some Live PLO cash here in Punta Cana last night (well, early this morning), & I was given a horrendous slowroll by Mr Sad. We were 3 way, all-in, & it gets to the river & I insta show my K-flush. He umm's & ahh's, looks at my hand, asks what the other guys hand was (he could not see), umm's & ahh's some more, turns over his two "dead cards" then eventually turns over the nut flush. When we get to Showdown, players don't have a right or need to wait until everyone has shown - just table your hand & be done with it. 

It happens, Live & online (far less "Live"), & always will.      

• edited November 2015
    As annoying and sad as it may be a player cannot be punished for bad etiquette and they're allowed to use their time-bank however they want. Best way to get back at them is play your A game and ignore them and if the opportunity presents itself revenge slowroll them :-) 
    As curious as I am to who it is props for not outing them shows your the bigger person (and better player anyway)
  • edited November 2015
    Karma will sort it out sometimes people are just not very nice but they are the ones sitting alone with no mates and a wife that hates them he he he

• edited November 2015
    As annoying and sad as it may be a player cannot be punished for bad etiquette and they're allowed to use their time-bank however they want. Best way to get back at them is play your A game and ignore them and if the opportunity presents itself revenge slowroll them :-)  As curious as I am to who it is props for not outing them shows your the bigger person (and better player anyway)
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Don't agree with that Groggy, we should not descend to their level, & if we do, soon we'll all be doing it.
  • edited November 2015
    Karma will sort it out sometimes people are just not very nice but they are the ones sitting alone with no mates and a wife that hates them he he he
    Posted by weecheez1
    Now we are talking. ;)
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute.... : Don't agree with that Groggy, we should not descend to their level, & if we do, soon we'll all be doing it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Only slowroll against the slowrolling player if that wasn't clear. Might not be taking the high ground but at least they get a taste of their own medicine, maybe they'll realise how annoying it is  being on the recieving end and stop doing it who knows
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute.... : Only slowroll against the slowrolling player if that wasn't clear. Might not be taking the high ground but at least they get a taste of their own medicine, maybe they'll realise how annoying it is  being on the recieving end and stop doing it who knows
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Yes, I got your point, I just don't think we should lower ourselves to their level, even as a means of retaliation. Where does it all end if we all start re-slow-rolling?

Be the bigger bloke.

• edited November 2015
    I have to agree with Tikay do not lower your standards to their level, be bigger and better than they are.
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    Does it really matter if someone slowrolls you? If someone does it regularly then make a note so you can expect it. You should just laugh this sort of thing off. If it bothers you then they win. 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute....:
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute.... : Does it really matter if someone slowrolls you? If someone does it regularly then make a note so you can expect it. You should just laugh this sort of thing off. If it bothers you then they win. 
    Posted by MattBates

I agree that it shouldnt matter, and in the grand scheme of thing it really doesnt at all, but it doesnt do any good for the site. about 5 mins after it happened someone popped up in chat saying "thats why I only play on 888 you dont get that kind of thing happen" and even though thats obviously not true as it will happen on every site it still means that one more player has been put off playing on Sky Poker, Im sure Ukops has bought in probably around 1000+ new MTT players to the site, and for people like me and yourself I kinda feel like its our responsibility to help keep as many of the newbies on the site as possible as it will only be beneficial to us in the long term, Right now if i saw someone slowroll it wouldnt affect my opinion of the site at all, but back when i was a newish player starting out then I do think it would be enough for me to not want to spend my money on that site again. 

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Help settle this dispute.... : Only slowroll against the slowrolling player if that wasn't clear. Might not be taking the high ground but at least they get a taste of their own medicine, maybe they'll realise how annoying it is  being on the recieving end and stop doing it who knows
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    posted this twice on here in past but it's my favourite sky story so i post again i got slow rolled by a guy in the cash game when he had top set, he admitted he slow rolled me too anyway no more than 30 mins latter we both hit back door flushes he  over shoves  the river into me he is so bad i am nearly certain he mainly has the nut flush here, i let the time go down near the end and flip over a straight flush.

I only ever had one reg slow roll me in mtt guy with a 6 letter name he bet out quite fast topset and i jammed with about 10bb behind he lets time slowly drop down before  calling