You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chuffed!! UKOPS win. ******ONLY GONE AND WON ANOTHER!!!!!*******

edited February 2016 in Poker Chat
Well done mate.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Ok, so it maybe a small side event but im over the moon to have won my first UKOPS event. The money is nice but that MTT win is still a special feeling in poker. 

I wonder if the 'big guys' still get a great feeling from a win or its just another day at the office for them?

CraigSG16920001£131.05 + £36.70 Head Prizes7£10.28
  • edited November 2015

Congrats Craig, I'm not sure anyone deserves anything in poker, but if they did, then you are a deserving winner.  
  • edited November 2015
    Well done Craig, made up for you.
  • edited November 2015

Well done Craig.

Not a 'big guy', at least not in poker terms, but winning an mtt does feel pretty good still. 

Enjoy the victoryyyyyyyyyy and all the confidence that comes with it, beats unbeatable dyms right :D
  • edited November 2015
    It's a great feeling winning a tourney 
    enjoy the moment Craig.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
  • edited November 2015
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii well done Craig
  • edited November 2015
    Very well played!
  • edited November 2015
    Well done Craig
  • edited November 2015
    Congratulations, very well played.

I know the feeling. I almost never enter anything UKOPS related because my work hours mean I can't play in evening tournaments. However last Christmas I tried my luck in a £3 turbo rebuy that started quite early. Somehow I ran well enough to win it, even with all the big names in the field. Any MTT win feels great, but I particularly enjoyed that one.

Despite the early start (7-00pm) it didn't finish until 2 & 1/2 hours before I had to be up for work, and there was absolutely no way I could go straight to sleep after winning a 254 runner MTT.
  • edited November 2015
    Vwp Craig
    Any win is to be celebrated, it is what makes all the other things that do not go our way in life more bareable
    Nick
  • edited November 2015

well played craig.

• edited November 2015
    Very well played Craig :-) 

I still get a great deal of satisfaction from winning an MTT which breeds confidence. Don't quite get the same buzz from it no more but still a great feeling. Much better feeling winning a decent MTT than coming 2nd or 3rd for more money imo
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Chuffed!! UKOPS win.:
    Very well played Craig :-)  I still get a great deal of satisfaction from winning an MTT which breeds confidence. Don't quite get the same buzz from it no more but still a great feeling. Much better feeling winning a decent MTT than coming 2nd or 3rd for more money imo
    Posted by lyonsbob06

I actually started a thread about that roughly a year ago, I agreed it felt a lot better coming first for say £1000 than coming 2nd for £1250, sadly 99% of people disagreed. 

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Chuffed!! UKOPS win. : I actually started a thread about that roughly a year ago, I agreed it felt a lot better coming first for say £1000 than coming 2nd for £1250, sadly 99% of people disagreed. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Well I'm in the would rather win camp. A few people asked me why didn't I ladder to a much bigger amount in that UKPC but was just thinking about the win at the time and not gonna turn down great spots where so be it I was at risk. There have been times when I have laddered though when I thought that was the best I could get in the torney.

Do you always do the same Jordz and go for the win no matter what or do you think about the ladder at times?

By the way well played in last nights main mate
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks everyone. I didnt expect so many replies, I was just buzzing and needed to shout out somehow! 

I've always said that I get more of a buzz from winning than the £ amount so I would rather win for £100 than finish 2nd for £125. Obviously your thrilled to get so deep but getting so close and not getting over the line also leaves you feeling frustrated/deflated.

I would love to know if the likes of Matt Bates, Feel Groggy, Jordz etc etc (the regular big game winners) get the fist bump jump for joy of winning or just a nice smile and then on to the next one?
  • edited November 2015
    Unbelievable!! Im so thrilled. On my last night of being able to play UKOPS (because i'm on night shifts this week) I have just took down the £3 £1000GTD rebuy!! I was only in it for £6 as well!

I just cant believe it. Best UKOPS ever!!!! Thanks Sky for a fantastic MTT shedule, would like ot see more like this.

How things swing in MTT's. I was having a nightmare past few days of not having hands hold up and everything went to plan in this one.

Ukops record this week. Played four, won 2. I retire! :)

CraigSG18960001£290.21
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Chuffed!! UKOPS win. ******ONLY GONE AND WON ANOTHER!!!!!*******:
    Unbelievable!! Im so thrilled. On my last night of being able to play UKOPS (because i'm on night shifts this week) I have just took down the £3 £1000GTD rebuy!! I was only in it for £6 as well! I just cant believe it. Best UKOPS ever!!!! Thanks Sky for a fantastic MTT shedule, would like ot see more like this. How things swing in MTT's. I was having a nightmare past few days of not having hands hold up and everything went to plan in this one. Ukops record this week. Played four, won 2. I retire! :) CraigSG1 896000 1 £290.21
    Posted by CraigSG1
    congrats craig it was a good final table
  • edited November 2015
    Well played mate...you definitely got game.
  • edited November 2015
    Fantastic results - many congrats xx
  • edited November 2015
    Well done mate :)
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
  • edited February 2016
    . I would love to know if the likes of Matt Bates, Feel Groggy, Jordz etc etc (the regular big game winners) get the fist bump jump for joy of winning or just a nice smile and then on to the next one?
    Posted by CraigSG1
    I thought i'd google my alias and see what comes up, turns out this thread is my biggest claim to fame ;-)
    To answer your question for me whenever I win a tournament I still get that great feeling that you've emerged triumphant out of X amount of runners. I'd say that for the smaller competitions Its a smile and keep playing with the session and if the money is significant to me its more of a fist pump, get out of chair and celebrate :-)  A good victory after a bad run will likely elicit a much more positive reaction from me
  • edited February 2016
    A bit belated but thanks. Its nice to hear from the good players who win a lot of the bigger MTTs. I just love the MTT winning feeling. Ive sadly only won 1 out fo 47 so far this year. Should have been another 3 but for that pesky variance to kick in at wrong times. Including tonight. Anyway, thanks.

On a side note, what MTT strategy material do you look at? Im keeping a record of everything I do this year to help me but I admit I dont review my hand history. I find it hard to trawl through and pick out hands.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Chuffed!! UKOPS win. ******ONLY GONE AND WON ANOTHER!!!!!*******:
    A bit belated but thanks. Its nice to hear from the good players who win a lot of the bigger MTTs. I just love the MTT winning feeling. Ive sadly only won 1 out fo 47 so far this year. Should have been another 3 but for that pesky variance to kick in at wrong times. Including tonight. Anyway, thanks. On a side note, what MTT strategy material do you look at? Im keeping a record of everything I do this year to help me but I admit I dont review my hand history. I find it hard to trawl through and pick out hands.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Firstly 1/47 is by no means a bad return in terms of winning MTT's. Most fields you play are probably much larger I imagine so your probably above average with just the one.
    For me the big improvements came when i started discussing hands with other players. I was in contact with a good MTT reg on this site who helped me improve. I also have signed up for training sites.  ( Tournament Poker Edge for example)
    They are very useful in hearing how professional's go about playing certain spots they come across. Reviewing hand histories is v important to see where your making mistakes