You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

vul lyonsbob

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Played a great game to get hu in ukops main tonight only to lose connection and opponent to fully capitalise on the situation, vul sir.

Jordz brought up poker etiquette in another thread this week, i think this kinda falls into the same category.

I remember Hhy was hu, think was mini roller, not so long ago and opponent lost connection, he let the timer run down all the way, checked down every street giving the maximum time for his rival to get back.

Think he may have regretted it as he du soon after ; ) but the game was played out and he went on to tid, fiarplay to you sir.

What I witnessed tonight was the polar opposite, not pleasant to watch tbh.

Im sure the 2k will ease the pain a little, but still...

Vul sir, but vwp, was watching for a while and you played vw.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Thanks mate I appreciate it. What a horrible feeling that was losing connection and having to reboot the computer. I was hoping I come across someone with etiquette like so many on here but sadly wasn't the case.

Same thing happened to me twice before and once the player waited HU which was very good of him I thought at the time and the 2nd time they done what this man did and stole as fast as they could. Was HU in the roller must be nearly 4 years ago now.
  • edited November 2015
    Thought something mad is going to have to happen for me not to win this.....be careful what you say I think haha ;-)
  • edited November 2015
    Ha very kind of you James. It was the mini rebuy btw ;)

The guy was a random in that we'd never played before, but I'd chatted to him in that MTT so wasn't about to mash raise when he D/C'ed.

Don't get me wrong, there are dozens of people here who would give my raising finger an RSI should they suddenly disconnect.
  • edited November 2015
    Yeah its such a harsh way to lose, but if i was the other guy then i wouldnt be able to celebrate winning in that way, Ive only been in that situation once and I decided I would wait 10 minutes for the guy to return after that i did start to take his blinds, because i deemed that an acceptable amount of time for any obvious problems to be fixed. needless to say he returned after about 15 mins and pretty much won every single hand against me! I think people use the amount of money up for grabs as a bit of a cop out because the more money up for grabs the worse i would feel for winning it in that way, if the heads up is a £50 quid swing either way then you are basically stealing £25 of theirs, but if the swing is £2000 then its like stealing £1000 from them.

Its all a bit Maradona 1986, you can play the best game of your life but if when it matters you win it in a dishonest way then thats all that anyone will remember.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: vul lyonsbob:
    Ha very kind of you James. It was the mini rebuy btw ;) The guy was a random in that we'd never played before, but I'd chatted to him in that MTT so wasn't about to mash raise when he D/C'ed. Don't get me wrong, there are dozens of people here who would give my raising finger an RSI should they suddenly disconnect.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I can think of other reasons..... ;-))

I think this is a really harsh way to lose a HU and certainly don't think much of the villian (I think Jordz summed it up, you can't wait all night but some grace to get reconnected etc is the way to go)

vul Mr Bob, and good luck in the rest of the series.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: vul lyonsbob : I can think of other reasons..... ;-)) I think this is a really harsh way to lose a HU and certainly don't think much of the villian (I think Jordz summed it up, you can't wait all night but some grace to get reconnected etc is the way to go) vul Mr Bob, and good luck in the rest of the series.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Yeah I agree Jordz has summed it up perfectly really and how I was thinking about it myself. Thanks for the good luck also mate :-)
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks mate I appreciate it. What a horrible feeling that was losing connection and having to reboot the computer. I was hoping I come across someone with etiquette like so many on here but sadly wasn't the case.  Same thing happened to me twice before and once the player waited HU which was very good of him I thought at the time and the 2nd time they done what this man did and stole as fast as they could. Was HU in the roller must be nearly 4 years ago now.
    Posted by lyonsbob06
    Np mate, really felt for you. I think its probably happened to most of us at some point for varying amounts in diff comps but to happen in a main event and a ukops 1 at that made it unbelievable sik.

Hope you go on to have a good ukops despite this, gl mate.
  • edited November 2015
    Ha very kind of you James. It was the mini rebuy btw ;) The guy was a random in that we'd never played before, but I'd chatted to him in that MTT so wasn't about to mash raise when he D/C'ed. Don't get me wrong, there are dozens of people here who would give my raising finger an RSI should they suddenly disconnect.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yw, ah yes rebuy ofc.

Had to post something nice about you on the forum for balance ; )
  • edited November 2015
    Yeah its such a harsh way to lose, but if i was the other guy then i wouldnt be able to celebrate winning in that way, Ive only been in that situation once and I decided I would wait 10 minutes for the guy to return after that i did start to take his blinds, because i deemed that an acceptable amount of time for any obvious problems to be fixed. needless to say he returned after about 15 mins and pretty much won every single hand against me! I think people use the amount of money up for grabs as a bit of a cop out because the more money up for grabs the worse i would feel for winning it in that way, if the heads up is a £50 quid swing either way then you are basically stealing £25 of theirs, but if the swing is £2000 then its like stealing £1000 from them. Its all a bit Maradona 1986, you can play the best game of your life but if when it matters you win it in a dishonest way then thats all that anyone will remember.
    Posted by jordz16
    Think you just summed this up perfectly, great analogy.