You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dym question i just played not sure so i thought i ask the dym regs out there

edited November 2015 in The Poker Clinic
playing a a dym £11 buy in 6 played top 3 gets paid £20 starting stack is 2 k all on roughly same stack of 3 k blinds are 200/400
im big blind 400 with k q folds round to the sb who shoves is this a call ?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Tough one could go either way but i would more likely fold.

Alot of the times its raggy aces and small pp.

Good hand to be shoving with. And since you still have 3k you will still have a few spots when you can shove.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi IDCU

Was it the bubble ie 4 handed?........

If so, I fold here. We should never risk our entire stack in a race when we are on the bubble in a DYM.

DYM Strategies also give merit to folding AK, JJ, QQ, KK in this spot and some v good DYM regs would also fold AA (although I never can) our aim is to get over the finish line in top 3 spot, we don't need to take risks for our stack & end up being the shorty ourselves.
  • edited November 2015
    bubble 4 handed trev i got stacks wrong player a has 3.2k  player b has the same 3.2k   the guy in the sb has 3k  im in the bb have 2.6k   and 400 is in the pot so i have 2.2 k behind   hope that makes sense
  • edited November 2015
    never fold jj kk  ak lol  i understand u can if  are safe with like 4 k stack and 2 others on like 3 k and the other player short stack on like 1 k stack then i can understand folding big hands but on the same stacks pretty much hard to fold big hands
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Dym question i just played not sure so i thought i ask the dym regs out there:
    never fold jj kk  ak lol  i understand u can if  are safe with like 4 k stack and 2 others on like 3 k and the other player short stack on like 1 k stack then i can understand folding big hands but on the same stacks pretty much hard to fold big hands
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Correct - like you say, if we are the big stack we can fold hands like this to an all-in aggressor, we don't need to be taking the risks.

If the shoe were on the other foot and we were the SB for instance, then I probably shove KQ into the BB to steel.
  • edited November 2015
    Agree with Stuart its a fold for me!
  • edited November 2015
    Player dependant for me, how active has he been, if he has been shoving frequently we can assume he is doing this with worse kings and other hands we beat.

Another factor is the blinds, how long until 300/600? If we fold leaving 2.2k and blinds are about to go up leaving us with less than 4bb this may affect descision.

Like Stu said often up against rag aces or small pp here making us slight dog so readless im inclined to fold.

Im a mediocre dym player at best tho ; )

Would be interesting to hear what someone like Timmy, or even Jac ; ) has to say on this spot.
  • edited November 2015
    It's a fold for me, we're just never in good enough shape v his range to make the call on a DYM bubble. If it's a standard SnG/MTT, it's a stonewall snap call all day long cos this will deffo be +cEV, but it won't be +£EV because of ICM.
  • edited November 2015
    lmfa  yeah forgot to put details the last 3 times i was in the bb the sb shoved on me and i folded everytime as bad  hands now i have a le jit hand think its close to a call
  • edited November 2015
    pingu pretty much said the same lambert  think its a close 1 be intresting to see what timmy thinks i bet he is in these spots all the time is it a call here with say pocket 66s ?
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Dym question i just played not sure so i thought i ask the dym regs out there:
    pingu pretty much said the same lambert  think its a close 1 be intresting to see what timmy thinks i bet he is in these spots all the time is it a call here with say pocket 66s ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Pocket 8s and above maybe 7s

Also call with say AK and maybe AQ
  • edited November 2015
    in spots like this the only unpaired hand with with any likely calling value is AK, even that can be too big a gamble on occassions where her's stack isn't very low in terms of blinds and or your stack itself will be in bad shape.

AA and KK are the only ones i'd see certain calls unless a largest stack were to shove against you who is second highest by which case AA is the only safe call.
  • edited November 2015
    seems like a pretty clear fold to me