You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A quick question

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Hello

so i decided to play the UKOPS 3 BH 25k garunteed in which 211 people cash, we get down to the last 550-600 and a guy at my table starts slow rolling every single hand regardless of what play hes going to make (or most the time not make). the guy was about 400th in chips at the time, but amazingly it looks like hes going to cash as it stands, though hes not currently in the money the rate people are dropping it seems he will be. i understand how frowned upon it is to slow roll a hand when ahead, but whats the general feeling about this? especially when he starts to do it with 300 people left, couldnt tell you his stack size but it was defo below average and id guess at about 10-15 BB when he started doing it

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to A quick question:
    Hello so i decided to play the UKOPS 3 BH 25k garunteed in which 211 people cash, we get down to the last 550-600 and a guy at my table starts slow rolling every single hand regardless of what play hes going to make (or most the time not make). the guy was about 400th in chips at the time, but amazingly it looks like hes going to cash as it stands, though hes not currently in the money the rate people are dropping it seems he will be. i understand how frowned upon it is to slow roll a hand when ahead, but whats the general feeling about this? especially when he starts to do it with 300 people left, couldnt tell you his stack size but it was defo below average and id guess at about 10-15 BB when he started doing it
    Posted by RLT16

If it was intentional, annoyance

But like many things in online poker it's not breaking any rules and there's nothing anyone can do about it this time or to stop it happening again :(
  • edited November 2015
    If you are in a position where you are clinging on for the cash it is fairly standard practice in the hope people on other tables will bust and get you into the money. On the actual bubble it will be hand for hand play so it becomes ineffective at that point.

Seems rather extreme to be doing it when 400th/600 and still c200 places off a cash and still with 10-15BB though. Should be looking to get it in and go for a double up surely. 

"slow-rolling" from an etiquette point of view is purely related to using the full time bank when you know you have the nuts.

You know when you shove the King high flush and your opponent tanks so you "know" they have a decision to make and you will them to call, then they do and you fist pump only to see the chips move across the table and then you realise they had the nut flush all along. Sickening in more ways than one. But apparently it is justified if they were typing something in chat at the time (not).
  • edited November 2015
    yeh definitely intentionally, hes openly chatty and seems like a nice guy but it is very annoying, he just cashed, with less than a Bb spare :)