You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a little more advice please

edited November 2015 in The Poker Clinic
Hi guys,
I am improving in my tournamwent (and cash) play, but i am a little bit unsure if i am playing ak correctly.

in the ukops i have placed 11th 22nd and last night came 150ish.
i lost with qq vs 77 all in the first tourney so that was just bad luck.
2nd tourney i lost with ak vs 33 all in pf. (for most of my stack, shoved next hand first in on the button (with my tiny remaining stack)with q 7 suited and lost to 72! ha ha

Last night in the £20ukops a guy who was playing lots of hands raised in 2nd pos.  I had ak suited and shoved witjh an M of 12.

he called with 88 and his pauir held up.
The blinds were going to go up in a minute or so so i wouldnt have had 12 rounds left, more like 8.

When i shoved with ak in the 2nd tourney it was a similar situation, only about 5 rounds left.

I know i shouldnt put my tourney career on the line for a flip, but I felt it was the best chance i was gping to get.
Im away for a wek treasure hunting now, but i will check the replies when i am back on the 17th.
Thank you very much,
all the best merlin

Comments

• edited November 2015
    We aren't trying to get in a flip when we shove with AK, it dominates a lot of hands, sometimes we get a fold and sometimes we are in a flip situation. Its common what your doing but your being results orientated because you lost.  

In summary.....right play, bad flipping skills!
  • edited November 2015
    Its hard to follow a Master Bates response. 

But weve got 2 days to amass a multitude of  impressive replies. Come on ,we can do this.
  • edited November 2015
    thks mumsie - nothing like a little pressure - well here goes:

as long as you're doing the shoving with AK it's likely it's the correct play based on your comments above. If you're calling a shove it's not so good as you have no fold equity and you're behind to any pp - even mrs ducks.

11th and 22nd in UKOPS - vwp

• edited November 2015
    I'm back from my trasure hunting trip, 1 gold ring 18k ring, not great, but gold!!

Thank you for the posts, I will try and stop being results orientated, it is good to know that i'm not making a mistake in my play, thank you both very much, I hope my flipping skills improve! cheers:)