You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

transfers transfers transfers

edited August 2009 in The Shed
Hi guys,

I'm not sure about all of you, but as a massive football fanatic i just love the summer transfer frenzy that seems to get more and more ridiculous every year. With a whopping 80 mill already spent on Ronaldo, how far will things go this time around??

Give me all your transfer rumours here...

Comments

• edited July 2009

Is this the game with the round ball or the oval shaped one ???
  • edited July 2009
    Man U are going to continue in a similar vein with their signings of Ally McCoist, Henrik Larsson and Eric Cantona, because none of these strikers have scored a decent ammount in years either.
  • edited July 2009
    Maybe with that 80 million they could add a mere extra 20 and buy Newcastle!
  • edited July 2009
    Heres a question then what would you rather buy for £100 million?

Glen Johnson and Cristiano Ronaldo

or

Newcastle United?

Honestly what do people think?
  • edited July 2009
    I predict that Man City will have so many strikers by the start of the season that there will be shortage in the rest of the country and all games not involving the afrementioned mancy will end 0-0. 
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: transfers transfers transfers:
    I predict that Man City will have so many strikers by the start of the season that there will be shortage in the rest of the country and all games not involving the afrementioned mancy will end 0-0. 
    Posted by SoLack
    very funny, great post!
  • edited July 2009
    Keep hearing about Dean Ashton to Stoke. If it's true then I'm really in two minds about it. If/when fit he's phenominal but he's not really been fit for the past 2 years now and I trust Zola to do what's right for the team so maybe let him go. Even more so if we could replace him with Gudjohnson.
  • edited July 2009
    Keep hearing about Dean Ashton to Stoke. If it's true then I'm really in two minds about it. If/when fit he's phenominal but he's not really been fit for the past 2 years now and I trust Zola to do what's right for the team so maybe let him go. Even more so if we could replace him with Gudjohnson.
    Posted by silentbob

No problem's bob 

The east Londoners have reinvigorated their reputation for developing native talent by introducing James Tomkins, Freddie Sears, Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas to their first-team squad this season

Up the Iron's

• edited July 2009
    Plus I see we've signed young Frank Nouble from Chelsea too. Only 17 but apparently is the next big thing. He left Chelsea cos he didn't think he'd get much chance in the 1st team.
  • edited July 2009
    Heres a question then what would you rather buy for £100 million? Glen Johnson and Cristiano Ronaldo or Newcastle United? Honestly what do people think?
    Posted by kirstii
    anything rather than newcastle !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2009
    Liverpool lose Alonso :) well thats great news for chelsea and man united fans :)

Liverpool alot weaker and still uncertainity about Mascherano....

Mr Benitez is losing it??

Odds on him being first to be sacked??
  • edited August 2009
    Odds on him being first to be sacked??
    Posted by LennyMow
    Interesting shout. Skybet have him as a pretty safe 25/1 (Safer than Ancelotti even at 20/1!) to be the next Prem manager sacked, but they also have him as 13/8 to be sacked before the end of the season (with him being 2/5 to see the season out).
  • edited August 2009
    love Ashton at stoke could only dream of signing someone of his calibre 4 stoke 12 months ago.But looking on the oatie forum it seems to be dying off abit but i can still dream....btw id av Ashton in a wheelchair