You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bet sizing

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
I don't want to be a shove monkey but when I try to be cute I find myself getting beaten more by letting worse hands draw therfore when I get two pair or better I panic and shove is this just inexperience or a bad habit I need to change

Comments

• edited November 2015
    It's bad, you're missing value for hands that we are already beating. If you think villian is on a draw bet so that they don't have the right pot odds to make a profitable call. Shoving you get called by hands that beat you more often than not/fold out hands that we are beating. End of the day draws get there sometimes they don't it's down to you to let them pay to hit, remember it's not all about accumulating chips, if you feel your opponent has hit his draw and you have a strong holding but can't beat any draws, then saving chips is just as valuable as gaining chips in MTTS (that's if you are talking about MTTS) hope this kind of helps a little 
  • edited November 2015
    In low stake MTTs youll get called any amount of bet size, a lot of players will call with flush draws any amount. Higher standard of MTTS it's a no no
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: bet sizing:
    It's bad, you're missing value for hands that we are already beating. If you think villian is on a draw bet so that they don't have the right pot odds to make a profitable call. Shoving you get called by hands that beat you more often than not/fold out hands that we are beating. End of the day draws get there sometimes they don't it's down to you to let them pay to hit, remember it's not all about accumulating chips, if you feel your opponent has hit his draw and you have a strong holding but can't beat any draws, then saving chips is just as valuable as gaining chips in MTTS (that's if you are talking about MTTS) hope this kind of helps a little 
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Thanks I will take this on board  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: bet sizing:
    In low stake MTTs youll get called any amount of bet size, a lot of players will call with flush draws any amount. Higher standard of MTTS it's a no no
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Again this is something I am very guilty off my thinking is if it hits it is usually good but it costs In the long run
  • edited November 2015
    Also in some situations a shove is right if you think opponent is on a draw. It depends on stacks really. I'm sure there are plenty of people that can answer this better than me. With more experience and all round better poker players.