You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Emergency Outage 11/11 @ 12:10

Hi

I appreciate Emergency Outages are unavoidable but i have a question

I was playing in the 10:45 BH which ended early and the tournament paid out the top 10 places but what happened to the Head Prize fund? That was not paid out so do Sky just keep it?

Also I would have thought to try and keep your good name amongst your customers as a good will gesture to everyone left in tournaments a free entry token should be awarded rather than just paying out for the top 10

Kind Regards

Comments

• edited November 2015

Hi F1N63RS

There is a thread about the Outage 
    HERE

Sky Poker have Terms & Conditions to cover these eventualities.

If you feel you warrant a refund beyond those T & C's, please contact Customer Care - all reasonable requests will be treated on merit.

I have no idea how the "Head Prize" fund is treated, but one way or another, I'd be pretty sure all the prize fund would be accounted for either in prize money or refunds. 

Speak to CC, & if you don't get satisfaction, come back on here, & I'll pass it directly to a Suit.   

• edited November 2015
    Thank you Sir Tikay for the reply

I contacted CC as recommend but I am not sure they understand my query

The tournament paid out the top 10 places and also any heads already taken, but I'm pretty sure the head value of the players still left in the tournament wasn't paid out to anyone 

It's not that I'm after a refund, more that if I am correct then it's a glitch that surely needs addressing 

Kind regards 

• edited November 2015

Morning F1N63RS - I'll address you as F1 if I may - F1 is faster, & I have fat f1n63ers.  

I honestly don't know how they work these things, but I'll ask the question as to this situation, & get back to you.

It may be Monday before I can get an answer, as they are a bit thin on staff at the weekend, & are obviously pre-occupied with getting UKOPS over the finishing line.

Bear with me please.

Have a great weekend.  
  • edited November 2015
    Thank you Tikay

I might be completely wrong but it's one of those things where I'm intrigued to know the answer

Have a great weekend too
  • edited November 2015
    Don't think CC quite understand so this is a copy of the email I've just sent.... Sorry it's a bit long winded....
    It's not a case of what I think I should be paid as I would need to know all the figures

What I am saying is if 100 people entered the £3.30 bounty hunter (I am only using 100 people as as an example as I'm not sure how many were in the tournament) then £150 goes in the prize pool for who finishes the highest (the top 10 in this case), and £150 goes into the head prize pool (£1.50 per player)

When this tournament finished the top 10 positional prize money was paid out and I'm not questioning that

In a bounty hunter at this buy in when Player A knocks out Player B, then Player A wins Player B head prize and keeps 75% (£1.13 in this case if whoever is knocked out is yet to win a bounty themselves) and 25% (£0.37) is added to Player A head prize making that now £1.87

My query is is that if 80 people had been knocked out then of the 20 remaining players, each would still have had their £1.50 head prize still in play, plus also 25% of the 80 players head funds which had been taken so 25% of the 80 knocked out is another £30 in this example

So in effect if 100 people had entered, and 20 were left then in addition to the £150 positional prize pool there should also be £60 in head prize pot still in play

Therefore I believe that in addition to the 10th place finish prize money I got and the 75% of the 1 x head I think I took, I should have kept my £1.50 head prize as no one had won it from me, plus the the 25% of the bounties I had taken which were now on my head. Obviously everyone else left in the tournament should have received the same

• edited November 2015
    I'm assuming by no response to this that it is of no concern to Sky as outages happen so infrequently?

Surely this is a glitch in Sky's software that needs addressing
  • edited November 2015

Hi F1,

As it had (correctly) been sent to CC, I crossed this off my list.

I'll remind the Suits that, whatever the answer may be, it warrants a reply.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks Tikay

CC did reply but i dont think they understand the concept of BH's where half the prize fund is held in head prizes 
  • edited May 2016
    Just seen this happen again with the 12pm outage today