You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Experience

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Just been KO'd from main event, my AJ outdrawn by KJ !!  This was my last tourny over what has been a great couple of weeks and thanks to SKY for putting on a terrific selection of tournaments at all levels.

For the record, I played 43 satellites and qualified in 30%.  I also played 34 tournaments (inc 5 mains) with an average entry of 623 and an average finishing position of 164 (26%).  I was actually in profit to the tune of £38.11 so no damage to the bankroll (unlike the last UKOPS).  Don't think I will make Aussie's UKOPS league tables this time!

The important thing is I enjoyed the 2 weeks with a bit of banter here and ther along the way.

Congratulations to all the bracelet and other winners.

See you on the tables.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    In Response to UKOPS Experience:
    Just been KO'd from main event, my AJ outdrawn by KJ !!  This was my last tourny over what has been a great couple of weeks and thanks to SKY for putting on a terrific selection of tournaments at all levels. For the record, I played 43 satellites and qualified in 30%.  I also played 34 tournaments (inc 5 mains) with an average entry of 623 and an average finishing position of 164 (26%).  I was actually in profit to the tune of £38.11 so no damage to the bankroll (unlike the last UKOPS).  Don't think I will make Aussie's UKOPS league tables this time! The important thing is I enjoyed the 2 weeks with a bit of banter here and ther along the way. Congratulations to all the bracelet and other winners. See you on the tables.
    Posted by Dollie
    Good to hear that you enjoyed the UKOPS series Dollie. It seems like you had a few good runs.

Great attitude, glad you had fun, that's what the game is all about.

Making a profit overall too, can't be bad!

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited November 2015
    Just been KO'd from main event, my AJ outdrawn by KJ !!  This was my last tourny over what has been a great couple of weeks and thanks to SKY for putting on a terrific selection of tournaments at all levels. For the record, I played 43 satellites and qualified in 30%.  I also played 34 tournaments (inc 5 mains) with an average entry of 623 and an average finishing position of 164 (26%).  I was actually in profit to the tune of £38.11 so no damage to the bankroll (unlike the last UKOPS).  Don't think I will make Aussie's UKOPS league tables this time! The important thing is I enjoyed the 2 weeks with a bit of banter here and ther along the way. Congratulations to all the bracelet and other winners. See you on the tables.
    Posted by Dollie
    Average entry of 623 quid, your quite the high roller ;) In all seriousness glad to hear you had a good ukops, its difficult finishing in +, gl in the next one as well
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by Dollie
    God bless you Gordon, the true spirit of poker lives on.

Hope to see you soon mate.

• edited November 2015
    Have to echo the sentiment here and give praise where it's due.
    I think the fortnight was great and thanks to sky for the affordable satellites and freerolls. 
    This was my 1st UKOPS experience and for a small stakes plo player it was fun having the opportunity to play with the big boys.
    Well done to those who must have worked hard behind the scenes to make it all happen.
    Good stuff.
  • edited November 2015
    I would also like to thank sky it's been a blast and thanks too the free tokens I now have a small bankroll to take back to the 30p dyms and the 220 @ 220 life's good keep up the good work 
  • edited November 2015
    It surely was a great 2 weeks of poker cant wait till the next one. For the record i cashed in 7 ukops tourneys saving the best till last after winning entry into last nights main via the freeroll route.

REDARROW61 0 48 £249.78
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by Dollie
    really enjoyed the last 15 days of poker ,a big THANK YOU to sky poker ,

congrats dollie and to all the winners
  • edited November 2015
    Have to echo the sentiment here and give praise where it's due.
    I think the fortnight was great and thanks to sky for the affordable satellites and freerolls. 
    This was my 1st UKOPS experience and for a small stakes plo player it was fun having the opportunity to play with the big boys.
    Well done to those who must have worked hard behind the scenes to make it all happen.
    Good stuff.
  • edited November 2015

I can't believe that I didn't manage to win a bracelet. I thought for a second I was going to get one in the 2nd £10 Super UKOPS and I was slightly worrying about the "rigged" jokes.

One event I particularly enjoyed was the PLO8.

Well done to all winners.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Experience:
     I can't believe that I didn't manage to win a bracelet. I thought for a second I was going to get one in the 2nd £10 Super UKOPS and I was slightly worrying about the "rigged" jokes.  One event I particularly enjoyed was the PLO8.  Well done to all winners.
    Posted by NChanning
    Only the best get bracelets Mr Channing!

Great post Dollie, good to see you and so many others enjoyed the series. The banter at the tables always makes the games good.
  • edited November 2015
     I can't believe that I didn't manage to win a bracelet. I thought for a second I was going to get one in the 2nd £10 Super UKOPS and I was slightly worrying about the "rigged" jokes.  One event I particularly enjoyed was the PLO8.  Well done to all winners.
    Posted by NChanning
    Glad to see that, I am surprised Tikay never congratulated you on your cash in that one ;-)

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Experience : Glad to see that, I am surprised Tikay never congratulated you on your cash in that one ;-)
    Posted by Phantom66
    Give me time, I will congratulate him in my next Blog.

I fear the joke (?) may be lost on him, as I doubt he reads my Bogs. Too busy bashing up the poor bookies.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Experience : Give me time, I will congratulate him in my next Blog. I fear the joke (?) may be lost on him, as I doubt he reads my Bogs. Too busy bashing up the poor bookies.
    Posted by Tikay10

Well that's a relief that the joke was spotted and was indeed a reference to your blogs and their congratulatory wishes to Neil on his previous successes (or rather near misses).

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Experience : Well that's a relief that the joke was spotted and was indeed a reference to your blogs and their congratulatory wishes to Neil on his previous successes (or rather near misses).
    Posted by Phantom66
    Yes, of course, & in shameless spam, you must mean HERE & HERE
  • edited November 2015

I sometimes accidentally read half of one before I realise who wrote it.

I'm sure he'll be too busy congratulating me on my High Roller cash.
  • edited November 2015
     I sometimes accidentally read half of one before I realise who wrote it.  I'm sure he'll be too busy congratulating me on my High Roller cash.
    Posted by NChanning
    Not at all, I am reserving my heartfelt congrats for the UKOPS PLO8.

khorner9743960001st/132£363
    trevil2502£219.12
    LBoarder03£134.64
    scampy_00804£106.92
    imrightnot05£91.08
    luckyjim1206£76.56
    chauni199007£63.36
    stack_u08£50.16
    mkgunner09£37.62
    eon1961010£37.62
    diaper10011£27.06
    oldenglish012£27.06